Invalid: Current handler cannot be past gen OT for transferred specimen

Corkink

I Keep getting this error message even tho i changed my OT. idk what to do. i tried to look through all forums and i have no solution to make this pokemon legal. it was one of the mystery gift pokemon. its happening with a couple of my pokemon. Error message: "Invalid: Current handler cannot be past gen OT for transferred specimen" even when i click on the other one and set it, it doesn't stay legal.

Screenshot (12).png

Screenshot (14).png

Screenshot (15).png

Edited by Corkink

See the green square? That's how the program shows you who is currently holding the Pokemon. Remember that OT changes between different generation. Something hatched in gen 7, its OT is gen 7, not any other generation. Even when it gets traded to someone else in gen 7, that other person is not the OT. So the Not OT handler gets updated, because it wouldn't currently be in the possession of the OT. It's the same thing if the gen 7 OT transfers it to their gen 8 game. The gen 8 OT is not the person who hatched the gen 7 egg, so the Not OT handler gets updated.

Re-set the Horsea (Right Click -> View and then Right Click -> Set), or click on the box labeled Latest (not OT) Handler to manually set the current person who is handling them, because they wouldn't currently be in the possession of the OT.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Corkink said:

It doesn't stay legal even tho it becomes legal. Any idea??

You are loading an unhatched egg in an illegal save. Remember that you are not allowed to transfer eggs to higher generations, you need to hatch them in the specific generation first, then transfer the hatched one. What the program says you're doing is you're obtaining a gen 5 unhatched egg with the game information of a gen 8 game.

You can see you have 10 options in the search. Try using the 6 that are not eggs.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Corkink said:

it happens with other pokemon too like Incineroar.

This is what I said in the first message, how you can't load gen 7 events in different generations. This problem is still caused because your gen 8 information is being used for a gen 7 event, making the program think you SwSh file self-obtained a gen 7 Pokemon Bank event. This still results in illegal Pokemon.

Your fix this time is to change the OT, ID or SID on the Incineroar so it doesn't match the details of the file you're trying to load it in to. Again, you can't be the OT on a different generation event.

• Like 2