Binary is not compatible with Save

Tavren

22 minutes ago, AuroraRoseTOG said:

Hey. I was trying out PkHeX on my Pokemon Emerald Kaizo save. I play on a FlashCart(EzFlash Omega), and I have gotten my starter, opened the PC, and saved twice via the in-game menu. When I try to load it into PkHex it says "Binary is not compatible with save file. Current SAV Generation: 3

PKHeX is not programmed to work for any ROM hacks.

Any modification made from the base game will likely change how the data is saved, and thus, the interpretation for save data will not match the natural supported games.

That said, the data in your attachment does not look like a save file with any discernible progress. Progress in game and try again, and still remember that PKHeX does not support ROM Hacks.

On 10/28/2022 at 12:44 PM, Kaphotics said:

PKHeX is not programmed to work for any ROM hacks.

Any modification made from the base game will likely change how the data is saved, and thus, the interpretation for save data will not match the natural supported games.

That said, the data in your attachment does not look like a save file with any discernible progress. Progress in game and try again, and still remember that PKHeX does not support ROM Hacks.

Tried it on a mostly-normal rom. Randomized pokemon and items, but otherwise no changes. Got up to the first pokecenter, saved twice, then tried PKHeX again, same issue. Also, I remember seeing PokemonChallenges(A Nuzlocke Youtuber) using it to get information on his Emerald Kaizo pokemon. Attatched is the randomizer save I attempted to use. Pokemon Emerald (U)(TrashMan).sav

49 minutes ago, AuroraRoseTOG said:

Tried it on a mostly-normal rom. Randomized pokemon and items, but otherwise no changes. Got up to the first pokecenter, saved twice, then tried PKHeX again, same issue. Also, I remember seeing PokemonChallenges(A Nuzlocke Youtuber) using it to get information on his Emerald Kaizo pokemon. Attatched is the randomizer save I attempted to use. Pokemon Emerald (U)(TrashMan).sav

Open it in a hex editor. There's nothing in that file.

Save and export your file correctly. This is not an issue with PKHeX.

9 minutes ago, Kaphotics said:

Open it in a hex editor. There's nothing in that file.

Save and export your file correctly. This is not an issue with PKHeX.

How would I go about exporting it properly? I thought I was supposed to just pull the .sav after saving via the in-game menu.

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Cyanidos said:

Hi guys, I'm new to pkhex. anyways I read through the whole topic and it didn't really help me with my problem. When ever I try to load my .sav file for emerald into pkhex it says "binary not compatible with save file." what do I do?

Pokemon - Emerald Version (U).sav 128.02 kB · 0 downloads

Use the dev build until the next stable release.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
23 minutes ago, Aaron_1010 said:

Does anyone have a solution?

That's not a save file, it's a file full of garbage.

Check the tutorials about how to get your save file.

https://projectpokemon.org/home/tutorials/save-editing/managing-gba-saves/

If your cart is a bootleg you can try this to get your save, however you might not be able to put the save back to your cart.

After a bit of internet research I've come to the realisation that this copy of Pokemon Emerald isn't the one that I bought as a kid in 2005 but is the copy I bought in a bundle off ebay (as I needed Ruby and Sapphire for the pokedex) a couple of years ago which sucks because that means I've lost my original.

Cheers for the help anyway

• 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...

hello i have the same issue, i have a authentical ruby cartridge and i dumps the save file with Gba-link-cable-dumper on my wii, the first time i send it to pkhex it work but after that it gave me the "binary is not compatible with save file" message error, i hope somebody know how to fix this. thanks anyway 

(ps: i tried wyth my leaf green cardmod but fail too)

POKEMON RUBY [AXVF01].sav POKEMON LEAF [BPGF01].sav