Binary is not compatible with Save

Tavren

19 minutes ago, Tavren said:

I save by going to File->Save...

That's not saving in-game. That's saving via emulator.

You know, pressing the Start button to open the menu in the game, then selecting Save..
image.png
(ignore the OT, was using someone else's save...)

35 minutes ago, Tavren said:

I do save in game.

I do like your confidence to make that declaration, when in reality that's not what you're doing.. 😜

• Thanks 1

Erm, PID is naturally given to a mon. If you change the stats, you'll invalidate the RNG calls that called for PID and the stats in succession.
(so, it is a way to know they're illegal).

As for whether a mon has to be legal, it doesn't have to be, but I recommend it.

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
8 hours ago, unukun said:

hello, i have the same problem with pokemon emerald. I extracted the sav with gba backup tool and when i put it in PKHeX it say me the size is invalid or binary is not compatible with save. Here is the save file in case you can take a look at me. Thanks 

POKEMON_EMER_BPES00.sav 128 kB · 1 download

Also not a save. Either Gbabackuptool is mucking up, or you're trying to dump the save of a fake/repro cart.

10 hours ago, theSLAYER said:

Also not a save. Either Gbabackuptool is mucking up, or you're trying to dump the save of a fake/repro cart.

Well, after much research, I have concluded that it is a reproduction and that the game is saved in the sram, so I used your tool and I was able to get the sav, but how is the sav injected back into the .gba , I replace it with hxd?

12 hours ago, unukun said:

Well, after much research, I have concluded that it is a reproduction and that the game is saved in the sram, so I used your tool and I was able to get the sav, but how is the sav injected back into the .gba , I replace it with hxd?

There is presently no public way to inject a save back into a repro cart.

I imagine someone knows, but it's private info as of now.

• 1 month later...
On 6/30/2020 at 8:28 PM, theSLAYER said:

It makes complete sense. Your "save" is filled with garbage data.

image.png

Consider saving in-game, then exporting the battery save.

is there a way to delete those junk files and be able to load that game into PKHEX?

2 hours ago, Maratux said:

is there a way to delete those junk files and be able to load that game into PKHEX?

If you are referring to a save file that's completely filled with FF or 00, no. The save is empty/uninitialized in that case, there is nothing you could load.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Hey, I found this Thread by looking what could be wrong with my save.
Sadly I am unable to find it here, so maybe you could help me. I Got the file with the GBA Backup Tool for R4 Flashcards with my physical copy.FILE POKEMON LEAF GREEN (DE) Sadly i dont know how to Upload on here so i uploaded it on a regular file page.

It would be great if anyone could tell me whats wrong and how to do it right (My Physical Copy of Ruby works completely fine even now)

POKEMON_LEAF_BPGD00.sav