Legality of transferring up with PKHeX instead of via HOME

Guilula

Hello guys,
I would like to know if a Pokémon taken from gen 7 and placed in a save from generation 8 directly using PKHeX and not the using official paid method (Pokémon HOME),
will the Pokémon become illegal?

first of all pokemon home is not paid and if you want to transfer using pkhex you cann't as you have to create a new on gen 8 or copy from gen 7 and the finest is to copy just save the gen 7 pokemon as a .pk file and then open the swsh save and open the .pk file and you are done... if the pokemon is transferrable to swsh game then it will be legit...

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, M16A4ji said:

first of all pokemon home is not paid and if you want to transfer using pkhex you cann't as you have to create a new on gen 8 or copy from gen 7 and the finest is to copy just save the gen 7 pokemon as a .pk file and then open the swsh save and open the .pk file and you are done... if the pokemon is transferrable to swsh game then it will be legit...

Like your post said, he could just inject the pk7 file but he would have no home ID on the pokemon, not sure how the game check when a pokemon from a different region enter home from sword and shield.

Due to lack of HOME tracker, I would not necessarily recommend such a method.
However due to HOME tracker changing whenever it enters a different HOME, it may not matter which game it gained entry from.
(Though, HOME could always be logging the previous tracker, which would form a chain of traceable data.
While I can't expect them to have the resources to track every chain, I speculate that they probably could send a person to check the logs if they suspect something. In any case, use at your own risk really)

Also ask the question in the thread, not as the title. Gonna have to edit that now.

• Like 1

• theSLAYER changed the title to Legality of transferring up with PKHeX instead of via HOME