How can you take screenshots on a digital copy of Pokemon Y version running from the SD card?

Dear projectpokemon, I really need help with taking screenshots on a Nintendo 3DS running custom firmware. I'm currently running Pokemon Y version digitally from the SD card in which I installed from a CIA file. I use BootNTR to take screenshots from retail cartridge games. But, is there software that supports taking screenshots when running a CIA game from the SD card? Thank you for your support.

Edited by Khodor Salame32

Weren’t your thread locked for posting in the wrong area? I can tell you just copied pasted the post, the text has black formatting all over it.

It has nothing to do with running retail cart or CIA. As was said, it’s all about whether you have Luma CFW on your console. Else use BootNTR.

[And please for the love of Arceus, stop posting the same thing everywhere..]

• V-Wheeeeeel!!! 1

On 6/23/2020 at 6:31 AM, Night Light said:

What BlackShark said. There is an option that says Take Screenshot in the Rosalina menu. It worked for me.

So, how do I access Luma CFW? Is it a CIA file I have to download and then install using FBI? Please guide me. Thanks again for your support.

On 6/23/2020 at 10:14 AM, theSLAYER said:

Weren’t your thread locked for posting in the wrong area? I can tell you just copied pasted the post, the text has black formatting all over it.

It has nothing to do with running retail cart or CIA. As was said, it’s all about whether you have Luma CFW on your console. Else use BootNTR.

[And please for the love of Arceus, stop posting the same thing everywhere..]

I have BootNTR CFW installed on my 3DS and I use it to take screenshots of Pokemon Ultra Moon version (retail cartridge) by pressing the X + Y buttons simultaneously. But, why doesn't it work on my digital copy of Pokemon Y version running from the SD card? Please help! Thanks again.

Edited by Khodor Salame32

Luma CFW is like a hacked operating system. If you're running a hacked 3DS with CFW, you have to be using a hacked operating system.

Try to boot by placing these files in your SD card.
https://github.com/LumaTeam/Luma3DS/releases

On first boot there should be options to your to toggle.
If there isn't, hold the Select button on boot.
There should be a configuration page. This will confirm you have it installed.

1 hour ago, Khodor Salame32 said:

Thank you. But, is there a way I can take screenshots using BootNTR CFW on my digital copy of Pokemon Y version?

not sure if BootNTR still works on higher firmwares, but yes (if it works).

open the menu (X and Y button), then take screenshot.

Btw, everytime your system restarts a power cycle, you need to restart BootNTR.
Keep that in mind.