Any way to get past events by hosting for Mystery via Local Communication?

Night Light

Hey there. Would like to know if it is possible to get events without using Switch Online service. Specially those that you can't get anymore.

I remember in previous generations it was possible to kind of spoof, I think, the mystery gift feature. I haven't found a way to host my own mystery gifts for Sword and Shield. Is it possible? Is there any server dedicated for this?

I'll be glad if anyone could answer these questions, or leave me a link to a thread or place that answers my questions. Thanks in advance!

(Hope I posted in the right section).

1 hour ago, Darkyose said:

Would like to know if it is possible to get events without using Switch Online service. Specially those that you can't get anymore.

Erm, existing wonder cards/mystery gifts don't need a Nintendo Switch online subscription, but does require connection to their network.

As for giving away gifts locally (not online), TPCi has such a method (that's how they distribute gifts locally), but such a method, whether unchanged or spoofed, isn't public.
Thus, until such a method is revealed to the public, there is no way to do so.

• Like 1

Just now, Darkyose said:

Thanks for the information! I was afraid that would be the case. The most efficient current way would be to inject wonder cards or Pokemon with PKHeX then?

Switch saves no longer store wonder cards. (When you receive the gift, it immediately goes into bag/PC/party).
You can use the wonder cards to generate a mon, then inject that into the save.

Yes, I kind of forget sometimes, since I occasionally use PKHeX.

I believe there is some kind of event database here and in PKHeX, right? But I believe I had problems with it. I'm considering creating a partition for Windows 7 to use PKHeX.

Since wonder cards ain’t saved to the Switch, it possible to just get the “record” of having received the Mystery Gifts? I unfortunately missed a few events because I was busy with school and didn’t get to play until I was much less busy. Also, I really wanted that Gold Bag event that was Amazon-exclusive.

• Like 1

Yes, Wonder Card records are a thing (there's a block in save for them). However, editing them won't give you the item/mon/clothing; there's no delivery person, everything gets added into the save immediately. It's literally just for vision's sake.

• 2 months later...
On 6/22/2020 at 7:55 AM, theSLAYER said:

Yes, Wonder Card records are a thing (there's a block in save for them). However, editing them won't give you the item/mon/clothing; there's no delivery person, everything gets added into the save immediately. It's literally just for vision's sake.

Is there a way to edit the mysterygift block and add all/any past events ?

5 hours ago, FAlShatti said:

Is there a way to edit the mysterygift block and add all/any past events ?

The block makes it seems like you "received" it in the past. Doesn't actually give you the event.

You can edit it manually if you like. The information is all out there. There isn't a program that does it for you.