Question about injecting clothing

Irina

I was just wondering if injecting a piece of clothing (ie, the Pokeball shirt) will change anything in my game. Like, will it remove any of my other clothing I have unlocked?

On that note, I know there is a file with every clothing; however, I've heard reportings that when injecting that, it removes new sets like W X F X G and the crown.

32 minutes ago, Irina said:

I was just wondering if injecting a piece of clothing (ie, the Pokeball shirt) will change anything in my game. Like, will it remove any of my other clothing I have unlocked?

On that note, I know there is a file with every clothing; however, I've heard reportings that when injecting that, it removes new sets like W X F X G and the crown.

Let's put it this way.

All the fashion data is stored in the fashion block on the save. Injecting a block doesn't merge both blocks, it overwrites the existing block.
The block I have right now doesn't store data on the DLC clothes.

So if you inject it, it overwrites the block existing block in the save.

Now, if you had DLC clothes on your block, and you overwrote it with a block without DLC clothes,
what do you think happens? XD

Well, if you know what you're doing, you can manually hex edit the block to inject clothing.
There's no other editor out there for injecting clothes.

Follow-up (just in case: when will I upload updated blocks?

When I have more time to play through the game and buy the clothes. Maybe in 2 weeks time.
Best not to rush me for it. :3

23 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

Let's put it this way.

All the fashion data is stored in the fashion block on the save. Injecting a block doesn't merge both blocks, it overwrites the existing block.
The block I have right now doesn't store data on the DLC clothes.

So if you inject it, it overwrites the block existing block in the save.

Now, if you had DLC clothes on your block, and you overwrote it with a block without DLC clothes,
what do you think happens? XD

Well, if you know what you're doing, you can manually hex edit the block to inject clothing.
There's no other editor out there for injecting clothes.

Follow-up (just in case: when will I upload updated blocks?

When I have more time to play through the game and buy the clothes. Maybe in 2 weeks time.
Best not to rush me for it. :3

No sweat, take your time. So if I inject them one at a time like if I inject just the pokeball shirt will it overwrite or merge? On that note, will there ever be a way to merge instead of overwriting?

Edited by Irina

23 minutes ago, Irina said:

So if I inject them one at a time like if I inject just the pokeball shirt will it overwrite or merge?

You're injecting the whole block. All the clothes are there. How do you inject them "one at a time"? ><

Every time you inject a block, it'll overwrite.

23 minutes ago, Irina said:

On that note, will there ever be a way to merge instead of overwriting?

That'll be PKHeX's job, but I don't see that happening. Merging screws more things up; more breaks than use.
But who knows really..

I did write a tool that will add wonder cards to fashion blocks, but then again that won't fix Isle of Armor clothes being overwritten, since what you can buy isn't on wonder cards..