PKHeX new update legality errors (contribution page)

theSLAYER

When I open my gen VI save file e go to Other tab, I can view some Pokémon attached in GTS, Day Care and Battle Box slots, but when I play the game there isn't any Pokémon in these places. I've already checked them. Am I making any mistake? Sorry for any inconvenience.

PKHeX.png

30 minutes ago, Rivelles said:

When I open my gen VI save file e go to Other tab, I can view some Pokémon attached in GTS, Day Care and Battle Box slots, but when I play the game there isn't any Pokémon in these places. I've already checked them. Am I making any mistake? Sorry for any inconvenience.

PKHeX.png

It's the "Old Man" slot.

https://github.com/kwsch/PKHeX/blob/0c0651f7192cda4f344507b6ca19c3d64c03ff63/PKHeX.Core/Editing/Saves/Slots/Extensions.cs#L115

Daycare slots are faded, to indicate that the data there has been retrieved. The game doesn't clear the data, only marks it as inactive.

GTS: The "inactive" flag is undocumented, so it won't fade if unused.

These slots just show extra data, if you're looking for it.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Marvelous Moth said:

Hi All,

I'm having the following issue with PKHex's latest version (and the one before it):

• I created a blank save file for Let's Go Eevee by going into Options> Blank Save Version
  • Using the Encounter Database, I searched for a Bellsprout from LGE, I selected the one from Route 24, Levels between 8 - 12.
  • Selected View, changed the level from 8 > 9
  • Went to "Cosmetic", checked Auto and then unchecked it so that the CP updates
  • Clicked on the red legality triangle, and received an error reading "Individual: Individual (AV_HP) AV Should be greater than 1"
  • Additionally, the overall IVs do not change to reflect a "level up"
  • Using Randomize AVs does fix the issue, however it creates Pokemon with an unreasonably high CP for the level (LV 9 with 1662 CP for example)

Encounter DB:

Stats at LV 7:

Stats at LV8 when only changing the LV from the "Main" Screen:

Error message:

This is the PB7 file for that LV8 Bellsprout, if somebody wants to have a look:
    069 - Bellsprout - 562BF83BE039.pb7

I kind of expected that when changing the level of a Pokemon within the bounds of that "encounter group" (lv 8 - 12 for example), the IVs should reflect the change between levels of that "encounter group". Alternatively, there should be on option to select which level from that "encounter group" should be applied to the Pokemon chosen using a dropdown or something.

If I am missing something obvious, I apologize in advance!

Answered on GitHub:

https://github.com/kwsch/PKHeX/issues/3821

Latest version seems to have a bug with hyper training and legality check. Here you can see my Iron Bundle having a natural IV of 31 in HP. Setting the hyper training to it doesn't trigger the legality check.

2023-03-01_21-11.png

Edited by Taku86

When I try to randomize IVs for Walking Wake, PKHeX says it should have at least 4 guaranteed perfect IVs,

but when I try something like XX/XX/31/31/31/31 it doesn't work either. Am I missing something obvious?

EDIT: The same for Iron Leaves

1.png.69ab078eb9c996818d40c012b74b6568.png

2.png.5258950c13e397badbdfada3ded14157.png

Edited by Rivelles

55 minutes ago, Rivelles said:

When I try to randomize IVs for Walking Wake, PKHeX says it should have at least 4 guaranteed perfect IVs,

but when I try something like XX/XX/31/31/31/31 it doesn't work either. Am I missing something obvious?

EDIT: The same for Iron Leaves

1.png.69ab078eb9c996818d40c012b74b6568.png

2.png.5258950c13e397badbdfada3ded14157.png

Raids have an RNG correlation. Use the encounter database.

This thread is not for help making hacked Pokémon, read the first post of the thread.

5 hours ago, Taku86 said:

Latest version seems to have a bug with hyper training and legality check. Here you can see my Iron Bundle having a natural IV of 31 in HP. Setting the hyper training to it doesn't trigger the legality check.

2023-03-01_21-11.png

No, this is how Gold Bottle Caps work.

9 hours ago, Kaphotics said:

No, this is how Gold Bottle Caps work.

Oh, I see. In the previous version it used to throw the error "can't hyper train a perfect IV Pokémon", that's why I thought there was something wrong.

3 hours ago, Legarad said:

When you create Miraidon manually it gives that error that Power Gem is an illegal move. 

And for cases where you're not using the encounter that comes with Power Gem, using a TM on a Pokémon sets a flag for that TM. If you lack the TM flag, then the move is illegal if it can't be learned from another source (like leveling up).

As I stated yesterday on my reply on this page: this thread is not for help making hacked Pokémon, read the first post of the thread.

25 minutes ago, EmmyPup said:

Having a legality issue with Kingambit. PKHeX is flagging moves that it can only learn via TM as illegal.

thiskingambitshouldbelegal.png

Third time... this thread is not for help making hacked Pokémon, read the first post of the thread.

Look at my post directly above yours for the answer to your issue.

On 3/2/2023 at 7:34 PM, Kaphotics said:

And for cases where you're not using the encounter that comes with Power Gem, using a TM on a Pokémon sets a flag for that TM. If you lack the TM flag, then the move is illegal if it can't be learned from another source (like leveling up).

As I stated yesterday on my reply on this page: this thread is not for help making hacked Pokémon, read the first post of the thread.

Creating manual Pokemon with all its correct data is considered hacked? It's off topic but since PKHex has the new interface when you click the PKHex update notice instead of taking you to the download page it gives an error.

47 minutes ago, Legarad said:

Creating manual Pokemon with all its correct data is considered hacked? It's off topic but since PKHex has the new interface when you click the PKHex update notice instead of taking you to the download page it gives an error.

For the record, yes. Still hacked.
While we use descriptors like 'legal, illegal', it just describes how well it was hacked, and whether it is distinguishable.
Does not remove the hacked status. Loosely, hacked = created via user intervention, normally via unintended methods, whether third party or not.

Okay, report noted. Now, let's keep this topic on track. Anything unrelated to the topic of this thread, create your own thread, thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

The Play 2016 event Mewtwo(which comes at level 100) isn't flagged for having the Footprint ribbon in BDSP despite it not being on the list for "voiceless" Pokemon that check friendship instead

Edited by Dunsparce

All Glaceon and Milotic from non-BDSP games are flagged in BDSP. All ribbons not native to Gen VIII are flagged as invalid and they both say they can't be encountered in origin game. Other Eeveelutions cloned from the same eevee(in older games not BDSP cloning) with everything else being the same are flagged as legal.

Does it have something to do with the fact that both have alternative evolution methods that are coded into the game but are unobtainable without hacking(Ice Stone and Prism Scale?) That's the only connection I can make between the two

Edited by Dunsparce

1 hour ago, Dunsparce said:

All Glaceon and Milotic from non-BDSP games are flagged in BDSP. All ribbons not native to Gen VIII are flagged as invalid and they both say they can't be encountered in origin game. Other Eeveelutions cloned from the same eevee(in older games not BDSP cloning) with everything else being the same are flagged as legal.

Does it have something to do with the fact that both have alternative evolution methods that are coded into the game but are unobtainable without hacking(Ice Stone and Prism Scale?) That's the only connection I can make between the two

Cross-context evolutions are not handled at this time.

Hisui starters flagged as illegal, but start date of the distribution window is May 18th 2022, same as the release of Version 2.0 of Pokémon HOME.

Source:

https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_game-based_Pokémon_distributions_(Generation_VIII)#Max_effort_level_Hisui_starters

https://www.serebii.net/pokemonhome/giftpokemon.shtml

PLA.png

Edited by Rivelles
Wrong screenshot

On 3/20/2023 at 9:32 AM, Rivelles said:

The very link you shared explains to you why these three are flagged as illegal:

Between May 18 and May 20, there was a bug where these gift Pokémon would always be in Japanese with Japanese nicknames, regardless of which language Pokémon HOME was set to.

You can not have a Rowlet/Cyndaquil/Oshawott gift with the met date 5/18/2022 or 5/19/2022 if the Language is not Japanese.

• Like 3

Gyarados caught as a Magikarp in Pokemon Crystal flagged as invalid because it was caught with the Old Rod on Route 32 at only Level 5 during a Qwilfish swarm. The issue is that it was only Level 5, when normally it's at Level 10 with the Old Rod, but during a Qwilfish swarm it is only at Level 5.

This is confirmed by Bulbapedia: https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Johto_Route_32#Generation_II

And here's the screenshots:

GYARADOS1.png.fbc159bda14c8a22e4d77b479b029545.png

GYARADOS2.png.6fb45abfdd473c54dd1f96780047d101.png

And here's the pk2 file for my Gyarados (and yes, I also caught the shiny one, but there are no issues there)

130 - GYARADOS - E077.pk2

Edited by SegNin
fixed up how it looked a bit

• 2 weeks later...

sorry if these bugs have already been reported. All of them are not legal flagged in last pkhex, crystal save, but they are legal in fact

1- belly drum in level 44 poliwhirl from silver cave during day time.

2-level 18 electabuzz from route 10, during day time

3-level 40 krabby and kingler from route 41 during day time

4-level 23 nidorino from route 14, during day time

5-level 22 natu  from ruins of alph, during morning time. I beleive this data is in pkhex but when I load my save the meet location is showing none for my natu

beyond this : all encounter type from stadium gym leader castle gift (OT STADIUM, TID 2000_) in red saves. hitmonchan for instance is flagged as mt mortar tyrogue.so when it is traded to crstal save, it is flagged as not legal pkm because of its moves. eevee  is flagged as goldenrod city gift and omnyte as just an egg pkm.

I experienced a bug/regression in the latest releases.

The special Stadium Psyduck that knows Amnesia is flagged on both gen 1 and 2 save files. Stadium 2 Baton Pass Farfetch'd and EQ Gligar are also flagged for not having a Met time of Day value, which they don't have at all.

Last versions I went back and tested where they worked just fine were 20220913 for Farfetch'd/Gligar and 20221218 for Psyduck.

My own files attached below if needed. And yes, they were checked on a .sav extension.

Thanks so much @Kaphotics

054 - PSYDUCK - D697.pk1 083 - FARFETCH’D - E69B.pk2 207 - GLIGAR - 992C.pk2

Edited by AcroBlade

I've genned a Melmetal intended to be both XL for height and weight, but in summary screen shows only XL for its height.

Am I doing something wrong or is it a PKHeX error? Sorry if I'm asking for help in the wrong place.

melmetal-2.png

melmetal-1.png

Edit: However, in PKHeX database there isn't the most recent Meltan event distribution in Pokémon GO, when it was made available as shiny variant again.

Any shiny Meltan/Melmetal genned with met date in this time range is flagged as illegal.

Release Dates: March 21st - 29th 2023

Source: https://www.serebii.net/pokemongo/events/let'sgo.shtml

-

Edit again: I've tried to gen a tiny Weedle for both height and weight. The same error for Melmetal above. I think the formula in PKHeX that calculates minimum weight for tiny and large Pokémon maybe is broken. Minimum and maximum height is working as fine and it shows in summary screen with XS and XL symbols.

Edited by Rivelles