PKHeX new update legality errors (contribution page)

theSLAYER

Iron Treads is impossible to catch in Scarlet version but shows as legal in PKHeX version 20221218. No major changes were made in this Iron Treads.

Not sure where to post this, but can you fix sprite for Level Ball? The right one is more yellowish. 24px-Bag_Level_Ball_SV_Sprite.png

Any plans for a dark mode?

pkhex.png

Edited by Rivelles

29 minutes ago, Rivelles said:

Iron Treads is impossible to catch in Scarlet version but shows as legal in PKHeX version 20221218. No major changes were made in this Iron Treads.

Not sure where to post this, but can you fix sprite for Level Ball? The right one is more yellowish. 24px-Bag_Level_Ball_SV_Sprite.png

Any plans for a dark mode?

pkhex.png

Iron Treads and every other Paradox can be caught in the opposite versions using the Union Circle.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Rivelles said:

There is nothing to fix, that's the official Level Ball sprite from past games. Ball sprites are all sourced from games prior to SV, and no ball sprites exist for the Hisui Poké Balls in SV. Until official artwork/sprites for all balls exist in a consistent art style, they will remain as is.

1 hour ago, Doomkin said:

Scorbunny egg is flagged as illegal for the following reason:

Invalid: Incorrectly transferred from previous generation.

The egg was bred in scarlet game through picnic using a Cinderace from recent raid event and a Ditto.

813_-_Uovo_-_51C589F48C51.pk9 344 B · 0 downloads

PKHeX released: December 18, 2022
Cinderace raid released: December 30, 2022

PKHeX can not read into the future for what is and isn't legal. Use latest development build or wait for the next stable release.

Hello, I've had a legality issue with my Eevee on the latest PKHeX release (20221218), it was already present on the previous release.

My Eevee was obtained in White 2, it's the DW one that you can obtain in Castelia City from Fennel's assistant. I have nicknamed it "Bobo" and haven't touched it since, I've now transfered it (through Poké Transporter) into Omega Ruby and upon viewing my OR file from PKHeX, it was marked as illegal. The reason provided is the following : word filter: ^bobo$

This happens because my Eevee's name is Bobo. It means "dumb" in Spanish and may be on some filter for that reason, but that wasn't the reason I nicknamed my Eevee that, and both my White 2 and Omega Ruby games are in French. Poké Transporter let my Eevee in without changing its name, and it still has this nickname in game, so I believe that PKHeX should not be flagging it. The file for Bobo is provided with this post. Thanks for the help!

133 - Bobo - AB300E531072.pk6

38 minutes ago, Lionyx said:

Hello, I've had a legality issue with my Eevee on the latest PKHeX release (20221218), it was already present on the previous release.

My Eevee was obtained in White 2, it's the DW one that you can obtain in Castelia City from Fennel's assistant. I have nicknamed it "Bobo" and haven't touched it since, I've now transfered it (through Poké Transporter) into Omega Ruby and upon viewing my OR file from PKHeX, it was marked as illegal. The reason provided is the following : word filter: ^bobo$

This happens because my Eevee's name is Bobo. It means "dumb" in Spanish and may be on some filter for that reason, but that wasn't the reason I nicknamed my Eevee that, and both my White 2 and Omega Ruby games are in French. Poké Transporter let my Eevee in without changing its name, and it still has this nickname in game, so I believe that PKHeX should not be flagging it. The file for Bobo is provided with this post. Thanks for the help!

PKHeX uses the 3DS wordfilter. When trading, it would have its nickname reset and the OT changed to a version-specific bland name. Just because you understand a word as being tame does not mean it isn't foul per Nintendo's standards.

https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_censored_words_(Generation_V)

It is my choice to use the 3DS wordfilter for all games, instead of no wordfilter or spending time reverse engineering wordfilters for every game. Better to use the most aggressive one for all so that cross-game transfer issues will be known ahead of time.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, I got a "SPRING 2014" Magmar event from Wonder Trade in Omega Ruby. I was almost sure it was illegal but surprisingly it wasn't when I checked it with PKHeX.

I'm not sure what's happening here, if I'm missing something or if it's some weird case like the shiny Tapu Bulu that changes OT when received because of wrong character (the ' ).
I did some test with different languages straight from PKHeX and as you can see in the attached picture there are -according to my knowledge and logic- 4 anomalies, circled in yellow.

3TbqTJE.jpg
First row is Base + Evolution with Ribbon, second row Base + Evolution without Ribbon. Circled the legal/illegal anomalies

The first anomaly, reading from the top, is what I received basically: a Cherish Ball event Magmar without Classic Ribbon, flagged as legal. Then on the row below, there is the same exact event, changed species to Magmortar to simulate the evolution and it got flagged as illegal because "Invalid Ribbon: Classic Ribbon", as if once traded the Pokémon would lose the ribbon?? I even did a test by myself and checked if that was the case and no, after trading the Magmar evolved and still had the Ribbon.

The last two are very similar to the SPRING2014: legal with no Ribbon. It's weird because somehow, this German Magmortar is legal without Ribbon, while the English (and the other languages I've tried) are always illegal without Ribbon, as it should be (again, according to my knowledge and logic)

Since I couldn't understand where the problem was, I took another Event very similar (Electabuzz) and repeated the same tests. The results were showing no anomalies.

I thought it might be interesting to share.

Thanks and keep up the good work!

EDIT: Fixed some typos

Edited by ranqt

3 hours ago, ranqt said:

Hello, I got a "SPRING 2014" Magmar event from Wonder Trade in Omega Ruby. I was almost sure it was illegal but surprisingly it wasn't when I checked it with PKHeX.

I'm not sure what's happening here, if I'm missing something or if it's some weird case like the shiny Tapu Bulu that changes OT when received because of wrong character (the ' ).
I did some test with different languages straight from PKHeX and as you can see in the attached picture there are -according to my knowledge and logic- 4 anomalies, circled in yellow.

First row is Base + Evolution with Ribbon, second row Base + Evolution without Ribbon. Circled the legal/illegal anomalies

The first anomaly, reading clockwise, is what I received basically: a Cherish Ball event Magmar without Classic Ribbon, flagged as legal. Then there is the same exact event, changed spieces to Magmortar to simulate the evolution and it got flagged as illegal because "Invalid Ribbon: Classic Ribbon", as if once traded the Pokémon would lose the ribbon. I even did a test by myself and checked if that was the case and no, after trading the Magmar evolved and still had the Ribbon.

The last two are very similar to the SPRING2014: legal with no Ribbon. It's weird because somehow, this German Magmortar is legal without Ribbon, while the English (and the other languages tried) are always illegal without Ribbon, as it should be (again, according to my knowledge and logic)

Since I couldn't understand where the problem was, I took another Event very similar (Electabuzz) and repeated the same tests. The results were showing no anomalies.

I thought it might be interesting to share.

Thanks and keep up the good work!

For the first ENG Magmortar without the ribbon, if this is what you're talking about I can't replicate it. I am testing with an ENG SPRING 2014 Magmar without a ribbon that comes with wondercard proof and two /r/pokemontrades usernames in the proof. If you are testing with the same Magmar, you shouldn't be putting on and taking off the ribbons from the same Pokemon. Magmar has two different wondercards, one that comes with the ribbon and one that comes without the ribbon. If the Magmar on the bottom row is the original, it should be the one you'll use to evolve it into Magmortar without the ribbon, because it seems mixed up.

v4goEvX.png

For the GER Magmortar with a ribbon, I am testing with a GER Magmar with a ribbon that I got directly from the OT and I'm getting the same error as you. Changing species to Magmortar simply gives the error.

For reference, the only languages that are legal without the ribbon are ENG, GER, JP and KOR. JP and KOR use the English wondercard and OT. The Electabuzz have no issues because the only wondercard that has been donated and is the one in PKHeX's database is one that comes with a ribbon. I don't believe Electabuzz had a wondercard that came without a ribbon, it's only an oddity for Magmar.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I use the version PKHeX 23.01.26,I found a problem when I play "lets go,Pikachu".The value of Randomize AVs" in Stats is too high when you click it.Can you turn this function back to the version 22.12.18?For example,I get a level 16's Squirtle.When I it levels up to 37,the AVs should be 22 if I don't use candys.But the Randomize AVs usually  are hundreds.Here attach the picture for checking.

1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

1 hour ago, MackieXing said:

I use the version PKHeX 23.01.26,I found a problem when I play "lets go,Pikachu".The value of Randomize AVs" in Stats is too high when you click it.Can you turn this function back to the version 22.12.18?For example,I get a level 16's Squirtle.When I it levels up to 37,the AVs should be 22 if I don't use candys.But the Randomize AVs usually  are hundreds.Here attach the picture for checking.

1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

You clicked on Random AVs and it gave it random AVs. There isn't a problem with that, because you can use candies to raise stats above the minimum values. If you don't want candies, then use the shortcut key for minimum AVs.

8 hours ago, Kaphotics said:

You clicked on Random AVs and it gave it random AVs. There isn't a problem with that, because you can use candies to raise stats above the minimum values. If you don't want candies, then use the shortcut key for minimum AVs.

Yes ,I don't want to use candies temporarily.But where is the shortcut key in newest PKHeX?Can you attach the picture of it?Because I really can't find it in PKHeX.

Good morning everyone ! Everytime I catch a pokemon in a tera-raid, is flagged as illegal by Pkhex.  The error message says "Invalid: unable to match an encounter  from origin game"

I´m playing Pokemon Violet single-player. 

I upload some examples, the information is the same in every case:

Pkhex version: 20230130 (I have the same problem with previous versions as well)

How you caught the mon:
Level: 75 when raid is 5 stars
All Changes: None (I haven´t edited any data of these pokemon and they are untrained)

Thank you very much and please excuse my poor english. 

Pkhex error.png

057 - Primeape - 18E7C8FB7B41.pk9 571 - Zoroark - 3D2C1A4F92DE.pk9 879 - Copperajah - E8A11CC0AD47.pk9

Edited by ForLoopProfessor
I forgot to add pkhex version I´m using

14 minutes ago, ForLoopProfessor said:

Good morning everyone ! Everytime I catch a pokemon in a tera-raid, is flagged as illegal by Pkhex.  The error message says "Invalid: unable to match an encounter  from origin game"

I´m playing Pokemon Violet single-player. 

I upload some examples, the information is the same in every case:

Pkhex version: 20230130 (I have the same problem with previous versions as well)

How you caught the mon:
Level: 75 when raid is 5 stars
All Changes: None (I haven´t edited any data of these pokemon and they are untrained)

Thank you very much and please excuse my poor english. 

Pkhex error.png

057 - Primeape - 18E7C8FB7B41.pk9 344 B · 1 download 571 - Zoroark - 3D2C1A4F92DE.pk9 344 B · 0 downloads 879 - Copperajah - E8A11CC0AD47.pk9 344 B · 0 downloads

Turn off your shiny cheat codes.

PKHeX is working as intended.

I did the whole trick with the 8F item to give the Gen1 glitch Mew a proper GF name and number, and I was told it would pass the PokeBank legal check, but PkHeX is still flagging it as invalid. Is there a step I'm missing, or has Bank since been updated to know not to let such Mews through?

Edited by Maetch

8 minutes ago, Maetch said:

I did the whole trick with the 8F item to give the Gen1 glitch Mew a proper GF name and number, and I was told it would pass the PokeBank legal check, but PkHeX is still flagging it as invalid. Is there a step I'm missing, or has Bank since been updated to know not to let such Mews through?

Trash Bytes.

This is not an issue with PKHeX; the program is working correctly as intended. All details need to match the official distribution, even non-visible values.

On 2/2/2023 at 11:13 PM, Kaphotics said:

Trash Bytes.

This is not an issue with PKHeX; the program is working correctly as intended. All details need to match the official distribution, even non-visible values.

I'm not faulting HeX, but is there any way to fix these trash values so Mew will go through?

Edited by Maetch

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All,

I'm having the following issue with PKHex's latest version (and the one before it):

• I created a blank save file for Let's Go Eevee by going into Options> Blank Save Version
  • Using the Encounter Database, I searched for a Bellsprout from LGE, I selected the one from Route 24, Levels between 8 - 12.
  • Selected View, changed the level from 8 > 9
  • Went to "Cosmetic", checked Auto and then unchecked it so that the CP updates
  • Clicked on the red legality triangle, and received an error reading "Individual: Individual (AV_HP) AV Should be greater than 1"
  • Additionally, the overall IVs do not change to reflect a "level up"
  • Using Randomize AVs does fix the issue, however it creates Pokemon with an unreasonably high CP for the level (LV 9 with 1662 CP for example)

Encounter DB:

Stats at LV 7:

Stats at LV8 when only changing the LV from the "Main" Screen:

Error message:

This is the PB7 file for that LV8 Bellsprout, if somebody wants to have a look:
    069 - Bellsprout - 562BF83BE039.pb7

I kind of expected that when changing the level of a Pokemon within the bounds of that "encounter group" (lv 8 - 12 for example), the IVs should reflect the change between levels of that "encounter group". Alternatively, there should be on option to select which level from that "encounter group" should be applied to the Pokemon chosen using a dropdown or something.

If I am missing something obvious, I apologize in advance!