PKHeX new update legality errors (contribution page)

theSLAYER

Pokemon Center Birthday Flabebe, self-redeemed on violet, traded to scarlet, and loaded into PKhex without making any changes in PKhex. This flabebe (now evolved into Floette) has an SID of 0000 while the one in the event database in PKHex has SID 0001.

The one I redeemed w/ a code is unable to be used in raids giving the message "there is a problem with one of your pokemon" and it has a bunch of legality issues when loaded into PKhex (see attached screenshot). Manually changing the SID to 0001 seems to resolve all the legality issues (I haven't tried using it in game w/ altered SID).

l received it in game, with SID 0000. attaching pk file in its current unmodified state

Level: lvl 5, redeemed as soon as mystery gift option was unlocked
All Changes: no changes made, leveled up in game, evolved to floette

bdayflaberr.PNG

670-03 - Floette - 9E4FB36B060E.pk9

All those files are from just now, first time opening my savefile with pkhex

Unnaltered Koraidon file from Scarlet 1.0.1 marked as Invalid: Obedience Level. What even is "Obedience Level"?

Unnaltered Stantler file from Scarlet 1.0.1 marked as Invalid: Form argument is not allowed for this encounter

Unnaltered Klawf file from Scarlet 1.0.1 maked as Invalid: Invalid Marking: Dawn Mark

Unnaltered Tatsugiri file from Scarlet 1.0.1 marked as Invalid:  Invalid Marking: Uncommon Mark

998 - Koraidon - 534155255D9A.pk9 234 - Stantler - 9EC366A69D6E.pk9 962 - Klawf - 57BEEC3EAFCE.pk9 952 - Tatsugiri - 105D8974F49C.pk9

Some balls are, seemingly, not legal per the game but allowed by the editor.

The valid one below is a "bred" shiny with a Luxury Ball. The Illegal one is identical but uses a Love Ball. Both are considered legal by the editor, but the game finds issue with the Illegal one.

909 ★ - Fuecoco - 53890C76154F.pk9 ILLEGAL 909 ★ - Fuecoco - 53930C76154F.pk9

1 minute ago, Ratchet1332 said:

Some balls are, seemingly, not legal per the game but allowed by the editor.

The valid one below is a "bred" shiny with a Luxury Ball. The Illegal one is identical but uses a Love Ball. Both are considered legal by the editor, but the game finds issue with the Illegal one.

909 ★ - Fuecoco - 53890C76154F.pk9 344 B · 0 downloads ILLEGAL 909 ★ - Fuecoco - 53930C76154F.pk9 344 B · 0 downloads

Has been fixed in commits since last release; will be fine in the next stable release.

• Like 1

I'm having trouble with three Pokémon that were caught in game, so no editing or anything. A Yungoose I caught is flagged as illegal. It says unable to match an encounter from origin game. Greedent and Gardevoir show as illegal too. For Greedent it says there is an invalid blizzard marking and for Gardevoir there's an invalid cloudy marking 

734 - Yungoos - 06C457031AAF.pk9 820 - Greedent - 5517789394D1.pk9 282 - Gardevoir - 7C7DCBDD619B.pk9

Edited by abszs123

Both Maushold and Dudunsparce three form are flaged as illegal when editing a four form. If Maushold is born from an egg it shows as Evolution not valid, and if it's caught in the wild or raid it shows as Unable to match an encounter from origin game.

image.png.ef4d01cf95d365ad21992e9cce6b5a52.png

image.png.95a9aed6201970632b558b6830f87b41.png

Not sure if this is  the right place to post this but this is a very specific problem with an old pokemon, nothing about S/V.

This is about the legit Colosseum Ho-oh. In this game you can change the languaje in the opening menu settings from English, French, German, Italian and Spanish (PAL version). And it have a different OT according to each languaje as you can see in this blog http://ninapokediary.blog34.fc2.com/blog-entry-323.html

I was playing in spanish and after a long time finally got the Ho-oh.... but the OT was Ernesto, not a cool name and lose the gag that other languajes have like Mattle (from Mt. Battle) OT in english.

Fortunately I have a backup save before the 100th battle, so I changed the languaje to german because Ho-oh have the cooler DUELLBERG OT, I have a video showing how I got this german Ho-oh in my spanish story mode (you can check this blog also http://nobutaboo.blog26.fc2.com/blog-entry-280.html)

So I usually open pkhex to check ivs and stuff, not modifying anything and for my surprise it mark german Ho-oh as illegal. I also checked the other save with spanish ho-oh and it was totally ok.

Captura de pantalla (563).png

Captura de pantalla (564).png

Captura de pantalla (565).png

4 hours ago, Traqueteo34 said:

Not sure if this is  the right place to post this but this is a very specific problem with an old pokemon, nothing about S/V.

This is about the legit Colosseum Ho-oh. In this game you can change the languaje in the opening menu settings from English, French, German, Italian and Spanish (PAL version). And it have a different OT according to each languaje as you can see in this blog http://ninapokediary.blog34.fc2.com/blog-entry-323.html

I was playing in spanish and after a long time finally got the Ho-oh.... but the OT was Ernesto, not a cool name and lose the gag that other languajes have like Mattle (from Mt. Battle) OT in english.

Fortunately I have a backup save before the 100th battle, so I changed the languaje to german because Ho-oh have the cooler DUELLBERG OT, I have a video showing how I got this german Ho-oh in my spanish story mode (you can check this blog also http://nobutaboo.blog26.fc2.com/blog-entry-280.html)

So I usually open pkhex to check ivs and stuff, not modifying anything and for my surprise it mark german Ho-oh as illegal. I also checked the other save with spanish ho-oh and it was totally ok.

I think it shows up as illegal because the checker doesn't take in account that you can change the language in the PAL version of the game. I'm almost certain that Colosseum saves data about the language you start the game with. Any Pokémon you catch, will also have that language, even if you decide to change it afterwards. That is why your Ho-Oh shows up as Spanish, even though you changed the language to German, which is probably considered as a mismatch by PKHeX given Ho-Oh's OT name.

Hey guys, 

EDIT: sorry forgot to mention, this is for Scarlet/Violet

I made some shiny Eggs and tried trading them to my friends online. However, only the Eggs contained in Premier and Dusk ball got sent over. The other eggs (in beast, dream ball etc.) had an error "something is wrong with your Pokemon" on Link Trade.

There are no legality issues on pkhex though, does anyone know what is wrong?

Warm regards,

Edited by insaiyanxo