PKHeX new update legality errors (contribution page)

theSLAYER

In Gen 8, the Tower Master Ribbon currently isn't treated as illegal on Deoxys, Manaphy, Phione, Darkrai, Shaymin, or Arceus. The ribbon cannot be legitimately obtained on these Pokemon - they are absent from SWSH and not permitted in BDSP's Battle Tower - and as such should be flagged as illegal.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

On version 20220831 Tools > Data > PKMN Database, evn though when it loads initially I can see my count and database mons. However, when I click the General or Advanced search it always comes up 'No results found'. I didn't have this issue before updating. Just me?

Edited by AbsoluteGameBoy

I have an Umbreon I obtained as my starter in pokemon XD, I'm planning to make a ribbon Master of it. I restarted multiple times until I got ones with a good nature and acceptable stats but I notice that PKHEX has been flagging it as illegal. If I turn it back into an eevee (and give is appropriate moves) using PKHEX it is suddenly legal again. I'm using Version 20220831. The specific error I'm getting is "Invalid: Unable to match encounter conditions to a possible RNG frame." 

197 - UMBREON - BFC749CBDF1F.pk4

Edited by skiametric
PKM file

Shiny Scyther, Teddiursa/Ursaring, and Stantler obtained via the Cute Charm glitch in Gen IV are flagged as illegal after evolving into Kleavor, Ursaluna, and Wydeer, respectively. They are not flagged in their base forms.

Edited by Dunsparce

30 minutes ago, Dunsparce said:

Shiny Scyther, Teddiursa/Ursaring, and Stantler obtained via the Cute Charm glitch in Gen IV are flagged as illegal after evolving into Kleavor, Ursaluna, and Wydeer, respectively. They are not flagged in their base forms.

Works fine on latest commits.

image.png

11 hours ago, skiametric said:

I have an Umbreon I obtained as my starter in pokemon XD, I'm planning to make a ribbon Master of it. I restarted multiple times until I got ones with a good nature and acceptable stats but I notice that PKHEX has been flagging it as illegal. If I turn it back into an eevee (and give is appropriate moves) using PKHEX it is suddenly legal again. I'm using Version 20220831. The specific error I'm getting is "Invalid: Unable to match encounter conditions to a possible RNG frame." 

197 - UMBREON - BFC749CBDF1F.pk4 236 B · 2 downloads

Thanks, fixed on latest commit: https://github.com/kwsch/PKHeX/commit/17b42219afaccca10de446c915edad82d912ce4a 

• Amazed 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, with the last update I see a lot of legality errors on Pokémon ORAS. Moves such as :

Guard Split
Hammer Arm
Reflect Type

and others, can be taught at lesser level and not being flagged as illegal (example, Hammer Arm on LV70 Groudon coming from OR)
The problem is I noticed this with a simple legality checker from visual studio, with the public build of PKHeX they are always legal, no matter the level.

I don't know exactly what is the cause but well to be short the visual studio personal build matches perfectly with Bulbapedia (Latias cannot learn Guard Split before L46 in ORAS), while PKHeX public build ignores these level up requirements and says Latias L30 with Guard Split or Reflect Type is perfectly legal, or Groudon at L70 can learn Hammer Arm.
I don't know if thats related, but the ctrl+click tooltip says "legal" everytime based on XY (learned at L1 and similar), shouldn't it calculate the legality with ORAS requirements, since Im playing ORAS game, and the PKM is generated in ORAS?
I don't know exactly whats the logic and why the same library gives two different results, but I thought this was something kinda important to report. Please correct me if Im wrong at any point.

Found this on ORAS Registeel, Regirock, Latias, Groudon, Kyogre, and other Legendaries. All the moves have a level up requirement different than XY, higher usually, by checking on Bulbapedia.

I attach the Legality from PKHeX of L30 Latias (its flagged illegal with the custom build, invalid move 1 and 4)

I hope to have been helpful somehow, thanks for your work!

LEVEL30.jpg

4 hours ago, ranqt said:

Hello, with the last update I see a lot of legality errors on Pokémon ORAS. Moves such as :

Guard Split
Hammer Arm
Reflect Type

and others, can be taught at lesser level and not being flagged as illegal (example, Hammer Arm on LV70 Groudon coming from OR)
The problem is I noticed this with a simple legality checker from visual studio, with the public build of PKHeX they are always legal, no matter the level.

I don't know exactly what is the cause but well to be short the visual studio personal build matches perfectly with Bulbapedia (Latias cannot learn Guard Split before L46 in ORAS), while PKHeX public build ignores these level up requirements and says Latias L30 with Guard Split or Reflect Type is perfectly legal, or Groudon at L70 can learn Hammer Arm.
I don't know if thats related, but the ctrl+click tooltip says "legal" everytime based on XY (learned at L1 and similar), shouldn't it calculate the legality with ORAS requirements, since Im playing ORAS game, and the PKM is generated in ORAS?
I don't know exactly whats the logic and why the same library gives two different results, but I thought this was something kinda important to report. Please correct me if Im wrong at any point.

Found this on ORAS Registeel, Regirock, Latias, Groudon, Kyogre, and other Legendaries. All the moves have a level up requirement different than XY, higher usually, by checking on Bulbapedia.

I attach the Legality from PKHeX of L30 Latias (its flagged illegal with the custom build, invalid move 1 and 4)

I hope to have been helpful somehow, thanks for your work!

LEVEL30.jpg

The latest commits on GitHub have already fixed the issue you're describing. That's why the development build properly flags it.

• Amazed 1

Hey, I'm new here so sorry if this is the wrong place to ask this.

When I put my save into PKHex and I go to check legality status, I get an error saying "ability does not match ability number" on both Bulbasaur and Pidgey. I'm on PKHex version 20220913.

Screenshot (2).png

Edited by d3dc0rvus
Added screenshot

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, firefrenzy85 said:

Hello,

Looks like the Litwick line is being flagged as illegal for Pokemon Go files due to it being previously shiny-locked previous to the 10/15 community event. happy to include screenshots if needed

The program doesn't magically know the future availability of GO encounters.

The program was last updated in September, thus only can have info for encounters up to when it was released.

30 minutes ago, Kaphotics said:

The program doesn't magically know the future availability of GO encounters.

The program was last updated in September, thus only can have info for encounters up to when it was released.

sorry, didn't mean anything ill-willed. thought this was a thread for legality that needed updated, plus a call-out in case anyone else had the same issue.

• 4 weeks later...

Zygarde with Power Construct caught in Gen VI with ribbons is flagged ilegal in Gen VII & VIII even if the ribbons were obtained in game as well as change ability made with Zygarde Cube

PkHex 1.jpg

PkHex 2.jpg

Edited by dak73xv
Change files

• 2 weeks later...

error msg: unable to match an encoutner in origin game

1: Caught Yungoos at Inlet grotto with a normal pokeball (its one of the 1st pokemon i caught)

no badges around start of game. it was lvl2.

no changes to it at all. (i never even used it i just caught it for pokedex completion)

version of pkhex is: 20221124

game version is scarlet 1.0.1

734 - Yungoos - 40FDFD88E303.pk9

Edited by Sumomo251
added game version

33 minutes ago, Sumomo251 said:

error msg: unable to match an encoutner in origin game

1: Caught Yungoos at Inlet grotto with a normal pokeball (its one of the 1st pokemon i caught)

no badges around start of game. it was lvl2.

no changes to it at all. (i never even used it i just caught it for pokedex completion)

version of pkhex is: 20221124

game version is scarlet 1.0.1

734 - Yungoos - 40FDFD88E303.pk9 344 B · 2 downloads

Same issue, same game and version

734 - Yungoos - 2CC7C54FD696.pk9

8 minutes ago, ZGD said:

Getting Hidden Ability mismatch for Encounter Type on gift Pokemon, such as the beginning starter and the Galar Meowth / Perrserker. Ability Patches are obtainable in-game, so in theory all Hidden Abilities should be legal, I think?

863 - Perrserker - 4B4E36E0BC3F.pk9 344 B · 0 downloads 908 - Meowscarada - 35754C7E98A8.pk9 344 B · 0 downloads

Getting the same error here, except is for wild Pokémon.

Error Msg: Invalid: Hidden Ability mismatch for encounter type.

Game status: Main story complete, haven't started with the postgame yet.

Changes: I used a Smogon set I found at their forums, but only changed the Tera Type, nature (Careful), IVs (6IVs) and EVs (look at screenshot), everything else such as the moves and the Hidden Ability were done in-game via TMs and the Ability Patch respectively.

image.png.e38d5f0bcfed6404023821b7dae50b9a.png

PkHex version: 20221124

Game version: Scarlet 1.0.1

image.png.330d25a2c3fa0354605a198606052673.png

1010 - Annihilape - AAE6AEB074BE.pk9

On 11/25/2022 at 11:13 AM, kururu said:

TM move Thunder Fang on Pawmo marked as illegal.

955 ★ - Beans - E77D4BCF4217.pk9 344 B · 1 download

actually, there's a bunch of TM moves showing up as illegal right now, such as Liquidation, Iron Head, Drain Punch, etc.

Attaching all the TM illegals I have in my current box:

EDIT: Turns out that checking the box in Technical Records does the trick. Kind of wish that the error was more descriptive about it though

Edited by ZGD

I have the same problem as two posters above with Yungoos caught in Inlet Grotto showing up as unable to match encounter from origin game. My game version is Violet. Changing it to level 3 legalizes it, so it might be a problem with level 2 spawns.

Paldea Tauros with an Intense Mark caught in "East Province (Area One) (1)" and Rolycoly with an Uncommon Mark caught in East Province (Area Three) showing up as invalid marks. It seems like Rolycoly might be getting indexed to East Province (Area Two) which doesn't look like a correct spawn location according to Serebii.

837 - Rolycoly - AA229A47E212.pk9128-01 - Tauros - 3718DE9671EE.pk9