PKHeX new update legality errors (contribution page)

theSLAYER

In FR/LG, some bugs I found 

Route 12 snorlax, gift egg togepi and game corner bought porygon.They can also have pid type method 4. as I found.

Snorlax and Togepi I have two of them in my FR/LG save.porygon just in my LG sav.

I tried to redo snorlax encounter 6 times.All of them were pid type method 1, it is rare but they can have mehod 4 pid as well.

Edited by paf

28 minutes ago, paf said:

In FR/LG, some bugs I found 

Route 12 snorlax, gift egg togepi and game corner bought porygon.They can also have pid type method 4. as I found.

Snorlax and Togepi I have two of them in my FR/LG save.porygon just in my LG sav.

I tried to redo snorlax encounter 6 times.All of them were pid type method 1, it is rare but they can have mehod 4 pid as well.

Emulator bug, not emulating the vblank occurrence correctly.

Working as intended, doesn't happen on hardware.

1 hour ago, Kaphotics said:

Emulator bug, not emulating the vblank occurrence correctly.

Working as intended, doesn't happen on hardware.

Ok, so weird.I've never thought an emulator could turn a pokemon hacked for itself

Edited by paf

In last update, in XD saves, you cannot have your starter eeeve evolved as umbreon.when I opened my sav I notice the attchment.I also took an XD starter eevee from encounter database and It cannot evolve into umbreon.I beleive this is a bug

Umbreon.png

8 hours ago, paf said:

In last update, in XD saves, you cannot have your starter eeeve evolved as umbreon.when I opened my sav I notice the attchment.I also took an XD starter eevee from encounter database and It cannot evolve into umbreon.I beleive this is a bug

Umbreon.png

Thanks, resolved on latest commit.

I don't know if this is intentional, but the Give All option for the Move Shop in Legends no longer auto checks all species-compatible moves as learned/mastered(like it used to). Instead it only does so for any moves it currently has in its active moveset, meaning you have to manually check all boxes.

Edited by Dunsparce

On 7/1/2022 at 7:47 PM, Dunsparce said:

I don't know if this is intentional, but the Give All option for the Move Shop in Legends no longer auto checks all species-compatible moves as learned/mastered(like it used to). Instead it only does so for any moves it currently has in its active moveset, meaning you have to manually check all boxes.

Hold shift when clicking give all.

2 hours ago, withoutviola said:

Bugs found in BDSP

If i edit a pokemon from 3ds(oras.usum and etc) and receive it in BDSP,  it will become illegal after transfer to SWSH from HOME

Can you provide an example? 
upload the pk7 and pb8

14 hours ago, theSLAYER said:

Can you provide an example? 
upload the pk7 and pb8

Both are legal

Maybe some of its  info is lost while transferring to HOME?

The poke ball and met location are not displayed in HOME that pkm received in BDSP

Screenshot_2022-07-01-01-31-58-581_jp.pokemon.pok.jpg

342 ★ - Crawdaunt - 64A6F38006B5.pb8 342 ★ - Crawdaunt - A134F38006B5.pk7

Edited by withoutviola

2 hours ago, withoutviola said:

Both are legal

Maybe some of its  info is lost while transferring to HOME?

The poke ball and met location are not displayed in HOME that pkm received in BDSP

Screenshot_2022-07-01-01-31-58-581_jp.pokemon.pok.jpg

342 ★ - Crawdaunt - 64A6F38006B5.pb8 344 B · 0 downloads 342 ★ - Crawdaunt - A134F38006B5.pk7 260 B · 0 downloads

Not an issue with PKHeX; this is how HOME behaves when you skip the legitimate means of transfer (Gen7->Gen8 via HOME). HOME does not have the initial data to compare to, so it leaves it in a default ball when transferring.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Kaphotics said:

Not an issue with PKHeX; this is how HOME behaves when you skip the legitimate means of transfer (Gen7->Gen8 via HOME). HOME does not have the initial data to compare to, so it leaves it in a default ball when transferring.

ohhh ty make sense now

Hello, I found an issue where Unown forms from Virtual Console games are marked as illegal in Ultra Sun, when they are legal before PKHeX's last update, only the "A" form shows as legal, if I manually change the other forms to "A", they show as legal, but any other form letter will show as illegal. When I click on it to check the legality, it shows me an error that makes no sense to me, and if the error was actually what it says, then the "A" form should be flagged as illegal as well, but they all have the same default data.

Unown.png

Error.png

• Like 1

6 hours ago, KingShujin said:

Shell Smash should be available to the entire Squirtle evolution via leveling but pkhex marks as illegal when this move is equipped.

This thread is for reporting issues with legitimate data, not for false assumptions with how you've fabricated data.

https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Squirtle_(Pokémon)/Generation_VII_learnset

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

I was recently organizing my legal/legit pokémon and was using pkhex to confirm some pkmn while I was moving them to bank.
I have a pikachu that I evolved from my pichu that I got from a event "Pichu - Movie 2009 Pikachu-Colored Pichu" in Platinum.
I was 100% sure that was my pikachu that came from that pichu event but said game of origin Diamond which I thought it was weird and I changed in pkhex the game of origin to Platinum to check if it would spit a legality error but said "legal ✔". 
So I tried to replicate in the emulator (only the part of receiving the event) and that pichu had also Diamond as the game of origin.

TL;DR: I think that the pichu from "Pichu - Movie 2009 Pikachu-Colored Pichu" can only have the game of origin as Diamond

8 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

Don’t go messing with the game of origin.

I only messed with the game of origin to check legality but when changed still said legal so I though to report the error(?).

8 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

Some Gen 4 events have fixed game origin set to Diamond. Check if it’s one of them.

Oh I didn't knew! Rn went to confirm with 2 jirachis received from SS and Pt and yup both HG. 

Edited by TheNinjask

56 minutes ago, TheNinjask said:

I only messed with the game of origin to check legality but when changed still said legal so I though to report the error(?).

I’m gonna need to play around with the event later, pretty sure it should only have one game of origin.

57 minutes ago, TheNinjask said:

Oh I didn't knew! Rn went to confirm with 2 jirachis received from SS and Pt and yup both HG. 

Yeah only some Gen 4 events have fixed game of origin tho.