PKHeX new update legality errors (contribution page)

theSLAYER

24 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

Pikachu (and evolved Raichu in other Gen 1 games) caught in Yellow's catch rate should be 190.
I'm assuming it's 163 cause it was traded to Gen 2, which in that case the identification is probably normal.

edit: I got it the other way round. Starter catch rate is 163, regular is 190.
https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_Pokémon_by_catch_rate

edit again: I literally only just saw Kaphotic's post lol.

edit 3: @Kaphotics I may have gotten the 163/190 logic swapped around, however I'll like to point out that PKHeX is indeed flagging my Lv 5 190 Catch rate copy as illegal.

025 - PIKACHU - E9D3.pk1 69 B · 0 downloads

Fixed on latest.

As for the Yellow starter being recognized as Crystal, it's because the Catch Rate corresponds to Light Ball. It could be either a Crystal Pikachu, or the Starter Pikachu, it's just whatever encounter it compares against first. Gen1/2 and other formats that do not retain enough "met data" can be matched against multiple different encounters.

• Like 2

Funny update to this Pikachu/Raichu thing...I just had a Blue cartridge arrive from eBay, so I dumped it and it happened to have a Raichu that gives the same exact illegal message. Says it's from Yellow with a 190 catch rate.

But ok, looks like it's marked on latest dev build now from what Slayer said above.

17 minutes ago, AlamosIT said:

Hello, I opened my Black 2 save file and I noticed that this Farfetch’d is shown as illegal due to the nickname.

It was normally caught in-game and I didn't give it a nickname, I think there is something wrong with the apostrophe.

(It is flagged as legal in PKHeX ≤ 20210406b)

083 - Farfetch'd - F75999151570.pk5 220 B · 1 download

Here's a topic I found about that but there was never a final edit/reply of the outcome but that it was being looked into.

Do you know if the devs confirmed to fix this by chance, @theSLAYER? Here was your final reply to it: 

https://projectpokemon.org/home/forums/topic/59270-transporter-blocking-a-few-mons/?do=findComment&comment=268210

Edited by PLAFiles
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, PLAFiles said:

Here's a topic I found about that but there was never a final edit/reply of the outcome but that it was being looked into.

Do you know if the devs confirmed to fix this by chance, @theSLAYER? Here was your final reply to it: 

https://projectpokemon.org/home/forums/topic/59270-transporter-blocking-a-few-mons/?do=findComment&comment=268210

Crazy, I've never heard about this apostrophe issue even with official Poké Transporter. Thanks

On 3/18/2022 at 1:23 PM, theSLAYER said:

@paf Thanks for the screenshot. We can try to check if it's a missing encounter, or maybe the encounter bled over to another route.
Can you catch this one and check if it's illegal too?

I'll catch it as soon as possible because it has changed to mudsdale because of weather chaniging in wild area

• 2 weeks later...

I just found a little flag bug. 

In Pokemon Arceus, when you catch Thundurus at Lunker’s Lair it will be flagged because it is unable to match an encounter even if it is 100% legit. It seems that it only accepts "in the Cobalt Coastlands"  as of now.

• 1 month later...

I don't know if this is new for Home 2.0.0, but I transfered some Pokemon originally from Pokemon Go that were staying in Let's Go Pikachu to Home then to Shield on my OFW Switch. I then traded them to Sword on my CFW switch, and when I open them in PKHex they are all flagged , saying they can't have the Favorite Marking(They were all previously favorited for various reasons). They all still apparently have the Favorited flag. They are completely unedited. Are Let's Go Pokemon retaining the Favorite Marking a new thing for 2.0.0, or is it just a quirk that happens with Home sometimes?

034 - Nidoking - 369817F569A5.pk8

On 5/29/2022 at 3:36 PM, Dunsparce said:

Are Let's Go Pokemon retaining the Favorite Marking a new thing for 2.0.0, or is it just a quirk that happens with Home sometimes?

The favorite marking was previously not retained when transferred, but the new HOME 2.0.0 update now retains this data across formats. The next PKHeX update will account for this new possibility.

For some Home-transferred Pokemon in BDSP, Egg moves are flagged even though they are ones that can be obtained in BDSP via putting two pokemon of the same species in the daycare to inherit the egg move. For example, Kelcleon has many of its Egg moves(Foul Play, Magic Coat, Recover) flagged even though it is in the same Egg group as Smeargle, and as far as I know there are no illegitimate egg moves in the Field Egg Group due to Smeargle's presence.

I found multiple different quirks, some were mentioned by other people already but I will mention them:

-Pokemon from Gen V and VI are flagged for having any Sheen

-Pokemon from Gen I, II, and VII and are flagged for having any contest stats at all

-Darkrai, Shaymin, and Arceus are NOT flagged for having the Tower Master Ribbon (All of the sources I'm looking at says that the BDSP Battle Tower still has the banlist the Gen IV version had, unless it wasn't fixed already since they were around since launch Manaphy and Phione would also be included, since unlike the Legendary Pokemon they are not availble in Sword and Shield where Mythicals are not banned in the Battle Tower, EDIT: I'm guessing Deoxys would be included in this to since it is also not in Sword and Shield)

-Arceus and other Pokemon whose caught level is above 70 are flagged for having the Footprint Ribbon(According to other sites you can now also get the ribbon from having high friendship, but this may be incorrect info but I am posting this just in case)

Edited by Dunsparce

13 hours ago, Dunsparce said:

-Arceus and other Pokemon whose caught level is above 70 are flagged for having the Footprint Ribbon(According to other sites you can now also get the ribbon from having high friendship, but this may be incorrect info but I am posting this just in case)

It isn't both options in BDSP; there is a specific list of Pokemon that require 255 friendship (they say "Ssshhhnnn..."), and everything else requires the 30 levels gained.

Some examples:

My met level 80 Arceus from SP does not get the ribbon even with 255 friendship and at level 100.

My met level 70 Articuno from SP doesn't get the ribbon with 255 friendship, but does get it after it is at level 100.

My met level 70 Regigigas from SP doesn't get the ribbon at level 100, but does get it after it gains 255 friendship.

• Like 1

I have a Mewtwo from X(that was once used as a Mega Mewtwo X) that I got in a trade back in Gen VI and have since moved to Brilliant Diamond. It was flagged for having an OT memory of getting Earthquake deleted from the move deleter. It says Pokemon cannot learn this move, when Mewtwo has been able to learn Earthquake in every game it's been in(I double checked the XY TM learnset specifically).  It is not flagged when in Sword version, only in Brilliant Diamond.

Pokemon from older generations or not native to BDSP (basically anything non .pb8 at the time of generation) is being initially flagged as illegal. However when you click on the red warning, it'll correct itself as legal.

While this doesn't effect anyone with cfw, people who rely on tradebots can't trade their non native BDSP pokemon back to their games.

PKHeX_RycrOrCN3c.png

PKHeX_uVcZ2YUUMY.png

3 hours ago, LiuXuande said:

Pokemon from older generations or not native to BDSP (basically anything non .pb8 at the time of generation) is being initially flagged as illegal. However when you click on the red warning, it'll correct itself as legal.

While this doesn't effect anyone with cfw, people who rely on tradebots can't trade their non native BDSP pokemon back to their games.

PKHeX_RycrOrCN3c.png

PKHeX_uVcZ2YUUMY.png

Hold control when right clicking the box slot, and you can check legality directly. The Pokemon editor makes fixes automatically, hence the observed behavior.

This thread is not for reporting anything modified by external means; this includes manual injections of data from other games (likely incorrect handler data).

11 hours ago, Kaphotics said:

This thread is not for reporting anything modified by external means; this includes manual injections of data from other games (likely incorrect handler data).

I don't understand what this means. Is what I posted not a legality error?

16 minutes ago, LiuXuande said:

I don't understand what this means. Is what I posted not a legality error?

It's not.

Basically, the mon was illegal to begin with, which PKHeX correctly flagged as illegal.

PKHeX then proceeded to fix the illegality (it was a small issue presumably), then proceeds to correctly show you the fixed mon as legal.

All working as intended.

So, if you want to see how it was illegal before the fix, hold down control and click on the "!", as Kaphotics described.