PKHeX new update legality errors (contribution page)

theSLAYER

I got the Birthday Happiny via buying a code on ebay. It is flagged saying "Alpha Encounter cannot be found with this Alpha move", despite not having any alpha moves, but it does have four relearn moves as many events have. Before I post this, I was wondering if it was fixed in one of the minor updates because someone has since uploaded the event to this site.

After update to 220214, I have so many pokes flagged as illegal on Legends Arceus, but none of them has been edited at all. In fact, for some of them I've changed the ball to Poké Ball, but I'd say 20%, the 80% rest wasn't edited at all. It displays Height and Weight issues.

Sem título.jpg

1 hour ago, rlopes said:

After update to 220214, I have so many pokes flagged as illegal on Legends Arceus, but none of them has been edited at all. In fact, for some of them I've changed the ball to Poké Ball, but I'd say 20%, the 80% rest wasn't edited at all. It displays Height and Weight issues.

Read the changelog. Latest update now calculates the Height & Weight perfectly, so it's more strict on edited values.

Anything modified in the PKM Editor pane could have had its Height & Weight altered.

On 2/11/2022 at 6:00 PM, Dunsparce said:

I got the Birthday Happiny via buying a code on ebay. It is flagged saying "Alpha Encounter cannot be found with this Alpha move", despite not having any alpha moves, but it does have four relearn moves as many events have. Before I post this, I was wondering if it was fixed in one of the minor updates because someone has since uploaded the event to this site.

Fixed on latest commit (after the 2/14 release..)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Gentle reminder to post proper Pokémon you caught in-game being flagged illegal.

Not stuff that you've edited that was then flagged illegal (while it's possible it is actually legal, there's a supremely high chance you messed up an edit and/or didn't understand what you were doing, so just don't upload those here).

Lastly, do not bother even criticizing/lecturing others when you're in the wrong. Just don't. Don't waste everyone's time, thanks :3

Love, your friendly neighborhood mod.

I just noticed this when editing my Pokemon Battle Revolution save. I have an unedited Togepi from one of my PBR files that's connected to Platinum that is being flagged as illegal (the exact same Togepi on my actual Platinum file is correctly shown as legal). I believe this is being caused by the egg received location being "Faraway place", but that's just the location PBR displays it as because the location "Cynthia" doesn't exist in PBR's code.

EDIT: It seems PBR retains the actual met location for other Pokemon from locations that only existed in Platinum, but not the Togepi you get from Cynthia. Weird.

175 - TOGEPI - 03BA3B88F526.bk4

Edited by Burning Justice

51 minutes ago, Bluntrobot said:

Is this no longer working with day break update  1.10 in Legends...

Geez, it’s almost as tho this thread isn’t for legality errors, and general questions is welcome. 

wait, no, this is the legality errors thread. What are you doing here?

(anyhow, PKHeX usually don’t support saves that change due to a version update. That is to be expected)

Shiny Machoke caught overtop oreburrow tunnel. Went straight to pasture and has not been trained.

Shows errors as though it should be alpha (3 IVs=31, alpha move, and alpha flag) but it wasn't alpha when caught and the alpha checkbox is not checked.

I have another shiny from the same area that I caught two days later that is completely normal so not sure why this one has an issue.

Machoke.PNG

067 ★ - Machoke - 6AAFCBE6259B.pa8

2 hours ago, OMEGA_RAZER said:

Shiny Machoke caught overtop oreburrow tunnel. Went straight to pasture and has not been trained.

Shows errors as though it should be alpha (3 IVs=31, alpha move, and alpha flag) but it wasn't alpha when caught and the alpha checkbox is not checked.

I have another shiny from the same area that I caught two days later that is completely normal so not sure why this one has an issue.

Machoke.PNG

067 ★ - Machoke - 6AAFCBE6259B.pa8 376 B · 1 download

Is this from the new massive mass outbreaks introduced in the Daybreak DLC?

23 hours ago, OMEGA_RAZER said:

067 ★ - Machoke - 6AAFCBE6259B.pa8 376 B · 3 downloads

There isn't a single Obsidian Fieldlands (first map) encounter of a Machoke being level 56 without it being an Alpha. Only in the Coronet Highlands (third map) can it be level 56 without being alpha.

image.png

19 hours ago, Kaphotics said:

There isn't a single Obsidian Fieldlands (first map) encounter of a Machoke being level 56 without it being an Alpha. Only in the Coronet Highlands (third map) can it be level 56 without being alpha.

image.png

Interesting, not sure why I didn't think to check that as well. Thanks.

6 minutes ago, OMEGA_RAZER said:

Interesting, not sure why I didn't think to check that as well. Thanks.

The way you’re phrasing it, it’s as though it wasn’t caught, but hacked.

please don’t share stuff that you’ve hacked incorrectly here.

9 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

The way you’re phrasing it, it’s as though it wasn’t caught, but hacked.

please don’t share stuff that you’ve hacked incorrectly here.

sorry if it came across that way, That's just not something that I checked as a reason it might have thought it was an alpha.

Gen 1 Pikachu is being treated as the starter Pikachu from Yellow, even in Red/Blue so Viridian Forest/Power Plant caught Pikachu are flagged as "Illegal" ("Invalid: Catch rate does not match any species from Pokémon evolution chain or any Generation 2 held items" is the error the legality checker throws) in Red/Blue saves in both versions 20220222 and 20220301.

(Screenshot is from a downloaded Red save, my Twitch stream Red save throws the same error)

illegal.png

illegal.png

Edited by TheGeeklite
fixed typo

7 hours ago, TheGeeklite said:

Gen 1 Pikachu is being treated as the starter Pikachu from Yellow, even in Red/Blue so Viridian Forest/Power Plant caught Pikachu are flagged as "Illegal" ("Invalid: Catch rate does not match any species from Pokémon evolution chain or any Generation 2 held items" is the error the legality checker throws) in Red/Blue saves in both versions 20220222 and 20220301.

(Screenshot is from a downloaded Red save, my Twitch stream Red save throws the same error)

Mind providing the pkmn file of it?

16 minutes ago, sceptios said:

I'm seeing odd behavior with Pikachus too. Mine is a Yellow starter with the correct catch rate of 163, but PkHeX (including the dev build) reports it as from Crystal.pikawrong2.thumb.png.2b51f120d0a5c662ed74d85db2c7773c.png

025 - PIKACHU - A90F.pk1 69 B · 0 downloads

Pikachu (and evolved Raichu in other Gen 1 games) caught in Yellow's catch rate should be 190.
I'm assuming it's 163 cause it was traded to Gen 2, which in that case the identification is probably normal.

edit: I got it the other way round. Starter catch rate is 163, regular is 190.
https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_Pokémon_by_catch_rate

edit again: I literally only just saw Kaphotic's post lol.

edit 3: @Kaphotics I may have gotten the 163/190 logic swapped around, however I'll like to point out that PKHeX is indeed flagging my Lv 5 190 Catch rate copy as illegal.

025 - PIKACHU - E9D3.pk1