PKHeX new update legality errors (contribution page)

theSLAYER

I'm having a super specific error, which is puzzling me a little bit. I have caught the following Cleffa 100% legit on a German Pearl copy, like all the other Shinies I have radared for there, and for some reason, it and it alone throws up the error that it's a PID-Encounter mismatch, as well as the encounter type not matching up. The moment I move it over to Y with drag and drop, it shows up as illegal, while in the original savefile, there is no problem. 

Edit to add: I have plopped the seed of the Cleffa into RNGReporter, and it does give me the exact PID of this Cleffa as a legal one for a Chained Shiny. It should be fine, all things considered.

Screenshot 2021-12-12 185006.png

173 ★ - Pii - 87E99032BBC8.pk6

Edited by MorpiDorpi

My Shiny Shedinja that came from a Shiny Nincada obtained via the Cute Charm glitch in  Heartgold is marked as illegal. I evolved mine in-game and it is flagged as having an encounter PID mismatch even though its PID is the same as the Ninjask obtained during the same evolution:

291 ★ - Ninjask - 88D10000000D.pk7 292 ★ - Shedinja - 897F0000000D.pk7

• 2 weeks later...

So a bunch of my pokemon wont work on pokemon stadium 2... Trying to get the ultimate comp version for me and my friends to play!   This one like others mentioned do not have illegal moves. However ive gotten a lot of flags putting in moves that smogon has listed on the gen 2 GS comp forums.    When I go to prime cup I can select a ton of pokemon that I genned but almost half of them the yes to confirm option is greyed out. So im assuming this is some sort of legality check.

205 ★ - Forretress - 3789.pk2

• 2 weeks later...

Found a strange legality issue to do with contest stats on the latest pkhex version

I have a Sylveon that is bred/hatched as an Eevee on Omega Ruby, that is currently on a Y save file

its being flagged with the message "Invalid: Contest Stat Sheen should be 0."

because it's current sheen (and all current contest stats) are all 255

lowering the sheen to 0 does make it pass the legality check, but i think this is wrong, when a pokemon has all max contest stats, you can't get that way without eating at least one poffin, which would raise the sheen past zero, you cannot have max contest stats with 0 sheen, and yet that's exactly what pkhex seems to want?
This seems like a bug to me, or im not understanding contest stats somehow?

700 ★ - Sylveon - EE4AAC2FF3AD.pk6

3 hours ago, DahniMae said:

Found a strange legality issue to do with contest stats on the latest pkhex version

I have a Sylveon that is bred/hatched as an Eevee on Omega Ruby, that is currently on a Y save file

its being flagged with the message "Invalid: Contest Stat Sheen should be 0."

because it's current sheen (and all current contest stats) are all 255

lowering the sheen to 0 does make it pass the legality check, but i think this is wrong, when a pokemon has all max contest stats, you can't get that way without eating at least one poffin, which would raise the sheen past zero, you cannot have max contest stats with 0 sheen, and yet that's exactly what pkhex seems to want?
This seems like a bug to me, or im not understanding contest stats somehow?

ORAS Pokeblocks do not raise Sheen so a Pokémon that originated from a gen past gen 4 can't have Sheen. PKHeX working as intended.

• Like 2

Hello, I found a Rotom that's giving me an illegal check for some reason ("Invalid: Encounter Type PID mismatch")

I caught it on the Island where you find the TR for Overheat in the Isle of Armor expansion. It was level 60 and wandering outside the grass. I'd completed the whole base game before I even bought the DLC so I had all 8 badges and did the Sordward/Shielbert side-quest already.

I've made no changes to it whatsoever. I encountered it, caught it, and sent it to the box. I played through the dlc a bit but i never touched the rotom.

I'm using PKHex 2022.01.01

Just thought I should submit it in case it helps. Thank you all for your hard work on PKHex!

479 - Rotom - 9EB2FD73CD29.pk8

Edited by air6ornepig
Didn't add enough relevant information

12 hours ago, air6ornepig said:

Hello, I found a Rotom that's giving me an illegal check for some reason ("Invalid: Encounter Type PID mismatch")

I caught it on the Island where you find the TR for Overheat in the Isle of Armor expansion. It was level 60 and wandering outside the grass. I'd completed the whole base game before I even bought the DLC so I had all 8 badges and did the Sordward/Shielbert side-quest already.

I've made no changes to it whatsoever. I encountered it, caught it, and sent it to the box. I played through the dlc a bit but i never touched the rotom.

I'm using PKHex 2022.01.01

Just thought I should submit it in case it helps. Thank you all for your hard work on PKHex!

479 - Rotom - 9EB2FD73CD29.pk8 344 B · 4 downloads

Should be fixed in development build / next stable release; thanks for the report!

• Like 1

Hi @Kaphotics

Looks like BDSP's NPC trades don't get checked for what appears to be static PID+EC.

You can check @ReignOfComputer's pb8 here from BD and SP:

https://github.com/ReignOfComputer/RoCs-PC/tree/master/33 - Gen VIII - BDSP Collection/Pokemon Brilliant Diamond/In-game Trades

https://github.com/ReignOfComputer/RoCs-PC/tree/master/33 - Gen VIII - BDSP Collection/Pokemon Shining Pearl/In-game Trades

From comparison, they all are identical to each other aside of origin. Mine also have the same PID+EC which I can too provide if necessary.

I've got a weird problem on PkHEX. I set myself as polish person. While on main PkHex is 3DS region: Europe, on Trainer Data is 3DS region: Americas. No matter how much I set a one on Trainer Data on "Europe" and save it (then I open Pokemon X and save it), after re-open a file it still shows "Americas", than "Europe". That forces me to fix any captured Pokemon from illegal (Americas) on legal (Europe). I even have a proof below. Is anybody knows where's a problem? And if you ask, Citra I use have set on Poland.

Bez tytułu.png

2 hours ago, Modikisha said:

I've got a weird problem on PkHEX. I set myself as polish person. While on main PkHex is 3DS region: Europe, on Trainer Data is 3DS region: Americas. No matter how much I set a one on Trainer Data on "Europe" and save it (then I open Pokemon X and save it), after re-open a file it still shows "Americas", than "Europe". That forces me to fix any captured Pokemon from illegal (Americas) on legal (Europe). I even have a proof below. Is anybody knows where's a problem? And if you ask, Citra I use have set on Poland.

Bez tytułu.png

1. Not using latest version; but that's not the issue.

2. Citra is likely overriding the console/country details. This is not a savefile/3DS issue, but an emulator issue. Not a PKHeX issue.

Please only report issues with PKHeX.

Hi, nice work with the updates

I noticed that my alpha magikarp was legit but when evolved into Gyarados it says Alpha Flag mismatch

Both say met in the Obsidian Fieldlands but when I hover over Gyarados it says Lake Verity, which is weird.

Hope it helps

129 ★ - Magikarp - A7DBEC082DE6.pa8 130 ★ - Gyarados - 0388EC082DE6.pa8 129 - Magikarp - E02FEC082DE6.pa8 130 - Gyarados - 3BDDEC082DE6.pa8

34 minutes ago, karlos_007 said:

Hi, nice work with the updates

I noticed that my alpha magikarp was legit but when evolved into Gyarados it says Alpha Flag mismatch

Both say met in the Obsidian Fieldlands but when I hover over Gyarados it says Lake Verity, which is weird.

Hope it helps

129 ★ - Magikarp - A7DBEC082DE6.pa8 376 B · 0 downloads 130 ★ - Gyarados - 0388EC082DE6.pa8 376 B · 0 downloads 129 - Magikarp - E02FEC082DE6.pa8 376 B · 0 downloads 130 - Gyarados - 3BDDEC082DE6.pa8 376 B · 0 downloads

Thanks, fixed on latest commit :)

https://github.com/kwsch/PKHeX/commit/80eac48a49a7aab815a698be3e3dbe337263ce4e

9 hours ago, Tano said:

Legal Alpha Decidueye captured in game as its pre-evolution. Is shown not legal for some reason (I didn't modify it). 
https://imgur.com/a/0bmHaQT

My guess is that it doesn't check if it has been captured as pre-evo. 
PK8 file: https://mega.nz/file/kEsyGZxK#NVuV1e83ZNk1jfStmFhI2JgNKH2cLljyJ8r9EulkvIw

Dartrix is only obtainable from one encounter table, which is accessible from the wormhole you captured it in.

However, the wormhole boosts the levels of the table by 15; Alpha Dartrix should be level 70 not 55. Did you use any cheat codes to force wormholes?

image.png

• Like 1