PKHeX new update legality errors (contribution page)

theSLAYER

4 hours ago, ranqt said:

Hello! With the last update (20211001) I saw some fixes mainly on Generation 6 regarding "HT Feeling", no big deal, I think that may be correct,

However, I saw that some Vivillon Patterns became illegal, and since I wasn't sure exactly how the form work, I googled a bit, and according to my understanding, no matter the form of the scatterbug, even if you hatch it from whatever form, it will take automatically the form of your 3DS region? Correct me if I'm wrong.

Basically, I had to modify
Elegant -> JPN
Modern -> USA
Savanna -> USA (even without Brazil it works, any region is ok)
while the others are perfectly fine, at least using Poland and Europe (my Savegame)

They are all hatched by eggs, so to me it doesn't make sense that I had to change the location of 3 patterns while the others 17 are okay, despite the complete wrong location.

I don't know if you are aware of this, or if I didn't understand the mechanism, or if it's a work in progress... but I attach a screenshot anyway.

I remember i tried with other Countries of Europe and they were still legal even if the form was obtainable only in USA. But yeah those three I had to force the 3DS region change.
I don't think the language-bug is only for Poland, it may be messed up for other regions too so, in case it is wrong, I think the entire Vivillon thing must be re-written.

Screenshot below, I know that many times some reports are invalid due to user's fault/not knowledge but this time I think there is something kinda wrong and I googled a lot. If not a bug, I aplogize in advance (and maybe explain in details how this should work since Internet can be really misleading sometimes)

(Also, another reminder that I'm 100% sure you are aware of, and I mentioned some posts ago: Region Exclusive Events and stuff before Generation 6, can't have different Language Tag. Example: Korean Event in Generation 4, named in English. Must be Korean, otherwise Illegal). But yeah this is not top priority I think the Vivillon thing is more important).

Thank you!

vivillon.jpg

This isn't the place to inquire why hacks are flagged on recent commits when they weren't flagged on prior commits. Online webpages are frequently outdated or incomplete.

38 minutes ago, andrewmyles said:

My dragapult has apparently commuted HEINOUS crime of remembering Double Team before Bite :D Swapping those two moves make it legal again

bitedoubleteam.jpg

bitedoubleteam.pk8 344 B · 0 downloads

Please do not report hacks being flagged as hacks.

Egg movepool building mechanics cannot result in the arrangement you have specified, and PKHeX's move-order legality checks that were added a few releases ago is working as intended telling you that things are out of order (and what it expects).

@Kaphotics

Ok I apologize, I thought it was correct rather than opening a separate topic/thread...basically we use this Thread to report bugs that are 100% confirmed, did I get this right?
And if we are in doubt about new features or stuff (Like in my case with Vivillon), we open a new topic, correct me if I'm wrong.

I will try to be more careful next time, for sure.

So, should I re-write the thing  in a new topic for a better in-depth explanation? Thanks and sorry for the mistake!

2 hours ago, ranqt said:

@Kaphotics

Ok I apologize, I thought it was correct rather than opening a separate topic/thread...basically we use this Thread to report bugs that are 100% confirmed, did I get this right?
And if we are in doubt about new features or stuff (Like in my case with Vivillon), we open a new topic, correct me if I'm wrong.

I will try to be more careful next time, for sure.

So, should I re-write the thing  in a new topic for a better in-depth explanation? Thanks and sorry for the mistake!

Questions about Pokémon Legality go in the Pokémon Legality sub-forum.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

When importing the .wc8 wondercard of Shiny Zamazenta from projectpokemon.org in Pokemon Sword, I get a legality error for this Pokemon:

Any ideas, what I am doing wrong here?

legality error.png

Edited by MSco

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Asia81 said:

Following my last message, the same apply to the next ribbons (Gorgeous, Royal, and Gorgeous Royal (you know, the last one that you can buy for 999.999$)).

Mine is saying this on all my Poke's that have Sinnoh Champ ribbon.
I don't know if it's just me or already known so I wasn't going to bother with it but I will attach it to your post here just in case. 

This Togepi is said to be illegal, but it was 100% generated normally. It hatched from the egg obtained past Five Island in Fire Red version given to the player by the old man at the end of the Water Labyrinth. I'm using the latest version of PKHex (20211127) and the error says "Encounter type PID mismatch". I have not edited this pokemon or my game save at all, I just got the egg, it hatched, and its friendship value has increased naturally due to travel, but for some reason it's flagged as illegal.

175 - TOGEPI - 97F744ABD415.pk3

21 hours ago, DwarfWarden said:

This Togepi is said to be illegal, but it was 100% generated normally. It hatched from the egg obtained past Five Island in Fire Red version given to the player by the old man at the end of the Water Labyrinth. I'm using the latest version of PKHex (20211127) and the error says "Encounter type PID mismatch". I have not edited this pokemon or my game save at all, I just got the egg, it hatched, and its friendship value has increased naturally due to travel, but for some reason it's flagged as illegal.

175 - TOGEPI - 97F744ABD415.pk3 100 B · 1 download

It has an invalid PIDIV; you can't get Method 4 PIDIVs on static encounters on retail hardware -- emulation is imperfect for vblank interrupts, hence emulated sessions producing invalid spreads.

1 hour ago, Dakotalee24 said:

1. Not my file but this shiny mesprit was caught 100% legit but it shows as illegal because of a PID mismatch error thing.

2. This kangaskan shows as legal but it is not. A kangaskan can only be caught in the safari zone in BDSP but this one is caught with a pokeball.

115 - ガルーラ - E6B071214585.pb8 344 B · 1 download 481 ★ - Mesprit - 1FE0DA9D86A4.pb8 344 B · 2 downloads

Both legal on latest dev build.
image.png

37 minutes ago, celshaded said:

I caught Mesprit legitimately and when I try to make it shiny it keeps giving me the "Invalid: Encounter Type PID mismatch".

PKHX Mesprit 2.jpg

PKHX Mesprit.jpg

Working as intended. pretty much all Pokemon in BDSP have PIDIV correlations. So you made a bad hack, and PKHeX flags it. Read other threads in our forums relating to this. This thread isn't for troubleshooting bad hacks.

6 hours ago, ICanSnake said:

Mantyke caught with met location Pokemon League showing as illegal. No modifications, I exported my save file and saw this error. I caught it fully stock. Odd because not even Serebii says this is a valid met location.

458 - Mantyke - 43D4FB6D272D.pb8 344 B · 2 downloads

Where in Pokémon League did you find it. Before the waterfall? After the waterfall? 

On 12/10/2021 at 9:01 AM, ICanSnake said:

Most likely before the waterfall, as I assume it's a spawn delay from Route 223. Same thing happened with wild area strong encounters.

Wild area stuff can roam to the edge, which can bleed over if the player is on the edge. Whether it can bleed over depends on whether Mantyke is model or wild spawn. I’ll check later :3

edit: This specific case has been replicated, It would be in the dev build until ready for stable release.