PKHeX new update legality errors (contribution page)

theSLAYER

6 hours ago, theSLAYER said:

I caught 2 Lv2 Dunsparce during a swarm. Cute Charm'd and regular.

The same thing doesn't happen to lv 13-14 Marill caught during Swarms (Swarm Lvs: 13-15, Wild Lv: 15), so I wonder if Dunsparce just got left out from the swarm table..

The dumping logic adds in the swarm slots after the base slots are dumped; issue is, there are two "Dark Cave" tables with the same ID, and the "First()" call returns the high-leveled dark cave instead of the low level one where the swarm is present for.

https://github.com/kwsch/PKHeX.EncounterSlotDumper/blob/8f3a5ce58f3318fd3a6ce8732d97445f29526df7/Gen4/Dumper4.cs#L292-L298

https://github.com/kwsch/PKHeX.EncounterSlotDumper/blob/8f3a5ce58f3318fd3a6ce8732d97445f29526df7/Gen4/Dumper4.cs#L702-L746

I need to check if there's any other instance where a parent location ID has multiple tables, then ensure that the correct table gets the correct swarm mutations to slot0/1/etc.

edit: just marill and dunsparce have multiple tables/location. Need to have a small workaround and redump

Resolved on latest commit: https://github.com/kwsch/PKHeX/commit/fc03076093dbafb1bd9741b99d8d3570043aaa82

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
44 minutes ago, Ragengar said:

Problem: Coro Coro ,Spaceworld 97 and World Hobby Fair 97 OT and ID in Mew Japanese PK1 files are illegal in Gen 1 and Gen 2 JP savegames

Problem: Nobody has serialized the event data needed for PKHeX to recognize those gifts.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Hey, I found a Ruby savegame 100% legit on my R4 from my NDSL (I used GBAsavetool, or something like that to get the .sav from the real cartridge and make a backup)

Well, everything was legal, but only 1 Pokémon was flagged illegal because "Invalid Encounter Type  PID mismatch". It was my starter Pokemon and I never touched the cartridge with external tools, the level is 73 with already some exp, the iv random and the EV even more random. Kinda the same with Rayquaza, Regirock, Registeel and stuff. Same TID/SID. They all also have the "Champion Gen 3" Ribbon, because I beat the League with those.

Straight to the point:
If I load the .pk3 to a very old PKHeX (2017 like), it says Legal
If I load the .pk3 in the last release of PKHeX (using a Ruby savegame), it says Illegal
If I load the .pk3 in the last release of PKHeX (using a Gen6-Gen7 savegame), it says Legal

I really don't understand what's going on, I repeat this comes from a 100% legit real cartridge that I personally played. But somehow, there are differences in Legality, the most weird one is by using PKHeX same version, giving two different results based on the savegame where it's loaded.

I attach you the .pk3 file, you can test it drag n dropping, to me it says illegal only on a Gen3 (Ruby) savegame. On Gen6-7 its perfectly fine, and they are the same exact data. Not sure if it's a bug or something.

Thanks for any info or help!

ILLEGAL 260 - SWAMPERT - EA23FCC46AE5.pk3

17 minutes ago, ranqt said:

Hey, I found a Ruby savegame 100% legit on my R4 from my NDSL (I used GBAsavetool, or something like that to get the .sav from the real cartridge and make a backup)

Well, everything was legal, but only 1 Pokémon was flagged illegal because "Invalid Encounter Type  PID mismatch". It was my starter Pokemon and I never touched the cartridge with external tools, the level is 73 with already some exp, the iv random and the EV even more random. Kinda the same with Rayquaza, Regirock, Registeel and stuff. Same TID/SID. They all also have the "Champion Gen 3" Ribbon, because I beat the League with those.

Straight to the point:
If I load the .pk3 to a very old PKHeX (2017 like), it says Legal
If I load the .pk3 in the last release of PKHeX (using a Ruby savegame), it says Illegal
If I load the .pk3 in the last release of PKHeX (using a Gen6-Gen7 savegame), it says Legal

I really don't understand what's going on, I repeat this comes from a 100% legit real cartridge that I personally played. But somehow, there are differences in Legality, the most weird one is by using PKHeX same version, giving two different results based on the savegame where it's loaded.

I attach you the .pk3 file, you can test it drag n dropping, to me it says illegal only on a Gen3 (Ruby) savegame. On Gen6-7 its perfectly fine, and they are the same exact data. Not sure if it's a bug or something.

Thanks for any info or help!

ILLEGAL 260 - SWAMPERT - EA23FCC46AE5.pk3 100 B · 0 downloads

First off, legality checks improve over the years, not regress. Best not to rely on the 2017 copy.

Next, it appears legal in Gen 6 and 7 because PKHeX assumed it was hatched (due to no longer having a met location from Gen 3).

Finally, in Gen 3, it shows up as hacked, because a) with the met location and met level, PKHeX knows it is a starter Mudkip and b) the PIDIVs doesn't match Method 1. (Starter in RS needs to be PID type: Method 1)

To use another tool to show you:

The PID doesn't appear to correlate to any Method 1 IVs.
image.png

Starter Mudkip must have Method 1 as PID Type. Yours is none.

image.png

Ok but Swampert is 100% Legit, just like Rayquaza, and the Regi Trio, and Groudon.

I still don't understand... like according to PID to IV there are no correlation, thus it is illegal.

But

1) If it's illegal, it should be illegal even on the past releases of PkHeX (didn't really got the hatch thing, but that swampert was obviously not hatched)

2) So I played a perfect legit game (not a china clone) and now 2x programs Not-Nintendo tells me it's illegal? I mean, what should I trust at this point, the real cartridge or programs? There is a risk that I don't understand anymore whats legal and what's not.

I kinda know you explained it everything and basically said "it works as intended", but Im not very expert in this field so sorry if I didn't understand it well, but it's really confusing. I mean if the PID that I got was that, does it mean that the game is bugged and generates wrong data about nature, iv and so on?

Also on a side note: Don't know if this has been reported yet, but some events before Gen6, released in KOR or JPN, cannot have english name, but if you rename them in English with PKHeX they are still legal. Isn't the multilanguage a Gen6-Gen7 thing? For example I saw on ebay some auctions for real events (that are cloned 100% of course) but they don't have nor pentagon nor cross, and looking up on events on serebi its events from JPN Black/White, so is there a possibility that  exclusive region Events (not english) can have an English name?

Sorry for the long post!

8 hours ago, ranqt said:

1) If it's illegal, it should be illegal even on the past releases of PkHeX (didn't really got the hatch thing, but that swampert was obviously not hatched)

Programs don't magically become "smart". It takes time to add features. Old versions of the program don't have all the smarts that a prior version would have.

8 hours ago, ranqt said:

2) So I played a perfect legit game (not a china clone) and now 2x programs Not-Nintendo tells me it's illegal? I mean, what should I trust at this point, the real cartridge or programs? There is a risk that I don't understand anymore whats legal and what's not.

We're skeptical of your memory, because multiple different tools are telling us the data did not originate how you're saying it originated.

Programs don't magically become "smart". It takes time to add features. Old versions of the program don't have all the smarts that a prior version would have.

8 hours ago, ranqt said:

I kinda know you explained it everything and basically said "it works as intended", but Im not very expert in this field so sorry if I didn't understand it well, but it's really confusing. I mean if the PID that I got was that, does it mean that the game is bugged and generates wrong data about nature, iv and so on?

If you use cheat codes, don't assume they have no side effect. The game generates data according to patterns, because that's how the game code works. If your data does not follow a pattern, then obviously you did something outside the bounds of normal gameplay (cheats).

8 hours ago, ranqt said:

Also on a side note: Don't know if this has been reported yet, but some events before Gen6, released in KOR or JPN, cannot have english name, but if you rename them in English with PKHeX they are still legal. Isn't the multilanguage a Gen6-Gen7 thing? For example I saw on ebay some auctions for real events (that are cloned 100% of course) but they don't have nor pentagon nor cross, and looking up on events on serebi its events from JPN Black/White, so is there a possibility that  exclusive region Events (not english) can have an English name?

Again, programs don't become "smart" without effort. Nobody has documented, organized, and codified receivability restrictions for all games.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, ranqt said:

or example I saw on ebay some auctions for real events (that are cloned 100% of course) but they don't have nor pentagon nor cross, and looking up on events on serebi its events from JPN Black/White, so is there a possibility that  exclusive region Events (not english) can have an English name?

I'm just adding on to the answer relevant to this point, cause I think Kaphotics elaborated on the other parts.

Anyhow, if what you saw is on eBay of all places, it's almost definitely hacked. There's no way one can keep selling event Pokémon en masse. They would run out. They'll probably just inject it, and move on.

Even tho it's not codified, it is known that Japanese Events on Gen 5 are language locked. That means that non-Japanese carts cannot receive them from the distribution beacon. So no, there's no such possibility of "exclusive region Events (not english) can have an English name?".
[However, just knowing that knowledge isn't enough. It needs to be written into code for PKHeX to be able to implement that check. Hence Kaphotics mentioning it needs to be codified.]

(So far, the only exception that breaks language locking in Gen 5 are known to be WORLD events (the various world championships). Nothing else)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Kaphotics said:

We're skeptical of your memory, because multiple different tools are telling us the data did not originate how you're saying it originated.

If you use cheat codes, don't assume they have no side effect. The game generates data according to patterns, because that's how the game code works. If your data does not follow a pattern, then obviously you did something outside the bounds of normal gameplay (cheats).

Ok thanks for the replies, but two things:

"We're skeptical of your memory, because multiple different tools are telling us the data did not originate how you're saying it originated."
I swear its 100% legit, I got the same exact TID/SID and stuff for Groudon, Rayquaza and the Regi Trio (and obviously all the other -normal- pokemon caught in the grass), all random nature, horrible iv and even more horrible EVs, not even full level and definitely with some exp (usually when you generate like level 70 it automatically puts the right amount to hit 70, no extra exp).
May I ask you what are the tools, if you don't mind, ike, are they public? What is exactly "wrong" and not according to what I said? Also why should I lie, Im trying to report a (possible) bug, as already said every pokemon in the box including the legendary are 100% legal even when loaded in gen3 savegame, but the starter one (Swampert) is illegal somehow.

But more important:

Kinda forget for a moment everything I wrote before.
It was, I don't know, 10 years ago? that I played that Ruby Cartridge. The only experience I had with cheat devices was a gameshark with a Game Boy Color, but still as of today, I don't know how to put a cheat in a Gen3 original cartridge. (The only way I know NOW is making a savegame with PKHeX and then use a NDSL and restore the savegame with GBAbackuptools). But I discovered PKHeX 2-3 Years ago so it's literally impossible that cheats were involved, thats what I'm saying

And yes I'm aware that eBay and stuff are cloned over and over again, but that doesn't mean they're always illegal, it just looked weird to me seeing some pre-Gen6-7 region locked outside of USA/EN with an English name. They were not 6IV perfect nature and so on, not even level 100, but yeah, with an English nickname, when it's clear that it is a JPN/KOR exclusive.

Thanks Kaphotics and theSLAYER for the support!

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, ranqt said:

I swear its 100% legit

I can't speak for everyone, and do not take this the wrong way: I'm not naive enough to take someone's word as it is, I hope you can understand that.

May I ask you what are the tools, if you don't mind, ike, are they public?

The RNG implementation done by Gen 3 and 4 are well understood for like well over ten years. Go check up stuff like RNGreporter and Pokefinder.
Those are also up publicly on Github, so you can check the code out if you're curious.
Additionally, there's probably a bunch of similar Japanese tools out there too.

If you could provide a scenario using both game and RNG code, beyond "I swear I got it myself", that'll be great. 

why should I lie

why would anyone lie on the internet, hmm?
(I mean this in a joking manner, not taking any kind of stabs at you)

Im trying to report a (possible) bug

And I applaud you for reporting bugs. People should report bugs.
We're not stopping you or chiding you or anything. Just saying it shows up as illegal on various other tools, not just on PKHeX.

It is one thing that it is only PKHeX (which would mean a bug in PKHeX's code), but it's another when the other tools used to find RNG sequencing reports the same thing.
So unless you can find and report a specific bug in all of them, this is not looking good for your Swampert :/

Kinda forget for a moment everything I wrote before.
It was, I don't know, 10 years ago? that I played that Ruby Cartridge. The only experience I had with cheat devices was a gameshark with a Game Boy Color, but still as of today, I don't know how to put a cheat in a Gen3 original cartridge. (The only way I know NOW is making a savegame with PKHeX and then use a NDSL and restore the savegame with GBAbackuptools). But I discovered PKHeX 2-3 Years ago so it's literally impossible that cheats were involved, thats what I'm saying

Maybe you tried to changing the Nature with cheat codes or something, and simply forgot? The specific PID on the Swampert doesn't even generate normally for any Pokémon GBA games (known as PID type: Method 1-4).

Peoples' memory are pretty bad. Maybe you lent the game to someone else, and they restarted it with cheats. Maybe some glitch was used to get the starter. Maybe you borrowed a friend's GS/AR for GBA.

Frankly, I would find it pretty amazing if such a bug existed in all RNG programs, like imagine if such a thing went unnoticed for such a duration of time, that'll get my blood pumping.

However, this is literally 1 report (I think) in like, 10-15 years of Gen 3 and 4 RNG history. You can see why people aren't willing to believe your story immediately.

In other words, until sufficient evidence via game code/RNG is provided, or until this case could be properly replicated on our end, PKHeX appears to be working as intended.
Reason: The Swampert doesn't even have a Method 1-4 PID, which cannot occur in regular gameplay.
I don't think I've seen *any* none Method 1-4 PID on Gen 3 GBA mons outside of eggs.

In any case I'll keep your scenario in mind, in case any similar reports pop up. Cheers.

edit: Saw this nugget, had to reply to.

And yes I'm aware that eBay and stuff are cloned over and over again, but that doesn't mean they're always illegal, it just looked weird to me seeing some pre-Gen6-7 region locked outside of USA/EN with an English name. They were not 6IV perfect nature and so on, not even level 100, but yeah, with an English nickname, when it's clear that it is a JPN/KOR exclusive.

Ignoring language mismatch scenario for now. Yeah eBay events could be classed as legal, if they are genned right. But that isn't the point, is it?
Selling hacked in event mons to bunch of kiddies, that isn't a good look, right?

As for a (presumably) teen/young-teen/adult like yourself, why pay someone else when you could hack them yourself? Any variant of 3DS can be hacked..

Now, going towards region and language locking.
Gen 5 events are language locked. That status carries forward into future games.
Let's say the JPN only Shiny Genesect event for example. It cannot have an English name, even if transferred up to Gen 6 or 7,
because you would not have been able to legitimately acquire one in Gen 5.

Doesn't matter how you cut it, how the stats appear legal and whatnot, illegal is illegal.

If you cannot come up with a way to obtain it on unmodified hardware, then it is not legal.

• Like 1

Yes I understand you and for me it's hard to -prove- something with such programs that I barely know how to use them, of course there are tutorial, but I need time to understand that stuff.

I never lended the game to anyone, I literally played it randomly years and years ago, there is like a cheat gap between games: Gen2 = GameShark for GameBoy, Gen3 = literally no idea, Gen4 = Since I played it on a R4 I already had the .sav game so I was just using PokeSaver or something named like that (it was different for each generation) and I indeed used some cheat to get Mew and Celebi, then many many years later I discovered PKHeX and yeah that's it.

How exactly the PID method is generated, I don't know the algorythm, but you can see its not even shiny, level 73? with some exp, pretty bad IV and awful EVs, Didn't check but pretty sure the moves are not even PP-upped. Also it was my starter so I don't see the reason to modify it, I even have Rayquaza in the box, Groudon and the Regi Trio, all with the same -legit charateristics- let's say.

Meanwhile, I attach them here. If I drag n drop them into a Gen3 savegame they are perfectly legal, and legit I would say, but that Swampert really I don't know what happened.

377 - REGIROCK - 4D53C968E0AA.pk3 378 - REGICE - 43077B1FAA36.pk3 379 - REGISTEEL - 280577C52816.pk3 383 - GROUDON - 7F4F04B928CB.pk3 384 - RAYQUAZA - 95B10377B150.pk3

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, ranqt said:

Yes I understand you and for me it's hard to -prove- something with such programs that I barely know how to use them, of course there are tutorial, but I need time to understand that stuff.

I never lended the game to anyone, I literally played it randomly years and years ago, there is like a cheat gap between games: Gen2 = GameShark for GameBoy, Gen3 = literally no idea, Gen4 = Since I played it on a R4 I already had the .sav game so I was just using PokeSaver or something named like that (it was different for each generation) and I indeed used some cheat to get Mew and Celebi, then many many years later I discovered PKHeX and yeah that's it.

How exactly the PID method is generated, I don't know the algorythm, but you can see its not even shiny, level 73? with some exp, pretty bad IV and awful EVs, Didn't check but pretty sure the moves are not even PP-upped. Also it was my starter so I don't see the reason to modify it, I even have Rayquaza in the box, Groudon and the Regi Trio, all with the same -legit charateristics- let's say.

Meanwhile, I attach them here. If I drag n drop them into a Gen3 savegame they are perfectly legal, and legit I would say, but that Swampert really I don't know what happened.

377 - REGIROCK - 4D53C968E0AA.pk3 100 B · 0 downloads 378 - REGICE - 43077B1FAA36.pk3 100 B · 0 downloads 379 - REGISTEEL - 280577C52816.pk3 100 B · 0 downloads 383 - GROUDON - 7F4F04B928CB.pk3 100 B · 0 downloads 384 - RAYQUAZA - 95B10377B150.pk3 100 B · 0 downloads

Thanks for the uploads. Also I'm guessing you missed my edits, but no big deal. :)

Also don't take this the wrong way: they might mean a lot to you because you've obtained them in your playthrough, but understand that these literally don't mean much in terms of being proof of the Swampert not being hacked.

For the sake of my point, let's assume you're not a malicious party. Now, imagine this: A malicious party could do the same things as you have done, upload a hacked starter, claim that it wasn't hacked, then proceeded to upload a bunch of unhacked in-game mons. They then went on to tell a story about how they don't know how to cheat in Gen 3. They even went on to add "why would I lie".
Now, you see how your actions can also be done by said malicious party, and a third party viewing the situation from outside cannot exactly tell the difference?
There is no need to delve into the intent of a malicious party. They are being malicious, and that's the end of it.

Anyhow, at least for me when it comes to this, I *mostly* don't rely on the stories from other parties. They can say anything.
Rely on the code, rely on the tools. People may lie. People may misremember. People may misrepresent. People may misunderstand and say the wrong thing.
Stories can be fabricated or misremembered.
Game code and machine code, do not lie. Sure, they can be misinterpreted, but it is literally all there to be seen.

Frankly, without using the game/rng code as proof, or without a way to reliably reproduce such a phenomenon, or a significant amount of reports showing that it is indeed a thing, I find it very hard for dev minds to be changed.

I will keep your case in mind. In the event that it was proven that such a thing may occur, and if I see you've been online recently, I'll tag you in a post to update you.
Until an exception via code is discovered, the code (as it currently is) says your Swampert is illegal, with a reasonable reason that applies to every other Gen 3 starter.
I hope you understand why user story not supplemented by any kind of game code/game behaviour proof doesn't mean much.

I just read the edit about the eBay stuff and yes I just wanted to see if my knowledge was right, since before Gen6-7 the cartridges had only 1 language for each Country, so an event coming from JPN-KOR couldn't had an English nickname, so I asked for a little confirmation.

I understand also the "internet environment" let's say, people lying or simply not knowing what they are doing or maybe reposting a thing asked and replied 100 times.

Honestly I was reorganizing my GameBoy and I found this NDSL with the R4 inside with the backup of the Ruby savegame (which I don't remember if the cartridge has a battery inside or not, but anyway I was doing backups), so out of curiosity I went checking how was the situation and well it was as I expected, everything legal and ok....aside from that cursed Swampert lol. I'm not "angry" or anything because it was my original starter and stuff like that, the total playtime is like 15 hours so you can see im not a very big fan of Gen3. I just found odd that in all the pokemon I had in the box (including rayquaza and other legendary which are more likely to be cheated or powered up), only the starter one was flagged as illegal. I try to check with those programs and see if I can find some correlation !

On 8/27/2021 at 9:22 PM, ranqt said:

I just read the edit about the eBay stuff and yes I just wanted to see if my knowledge was right, since before Gen6-7 the cartridges had only 1 language for each Country, so an event coming from JPN-KOR couldn't had an English nickname, so I asked for a little confirmation.

Yeah, basically in Gen 5 the Wonder Card can only be received by the intended language. So JPN and KOR events must have Japanese and Korean nicknames respectively (if they can't evolve).

There is a certain leeway, but other criteria must be met:
Let's say you got a Japanese Pikachu in JPN Gen 5, and traded it to an ENG Gen 5 game. When you evolve it, it will get an English nickname (Raichu). However when you transfer it up, its name would go back to being Japanese Raichu. This reset occurs due to the language on the mon is still tagged to JPN/KOR respectively.

I believe you can do the same trade-evolution name BS in Gen 6 (So get a Japanese Pikachu in Gen 5 -> Transfer to Gen 6 -> trade over to an English Gen 6 game and evolve there -> acquire English nickname Raichu) but the visible language tag will still be JPN/KOR.

Basically, in Gen 6 and 7, the language tag appears if the game language differs from the language tagged onto the mon.

TL;DR: In relation to Gen 5 language exclusive event mons -
if the mon have an English nickname in an English Gen 6/7 game, and you do not see the language tag, then it is illegal.
If the mon cannot evolve, it must have its language exclusive nickname.

edit: when I say English names, I'm saying half width roman characters, not full width ones.
Then again, it's not likely that one can legally rename them to full width characters, and those renames are also restricted to the 5 character limit Gen 5 JPN/KOR enforces.

I understand also the "internet environment" let's say, people lying or simply not knowing what they are doing or maybe reposting a thing asked and replied 100 times.

yeah sadly that is just the way the world is :/

Honestly I was reorganizing my GameBoy and I found this NDSL with the R4 inside with the backup of the Ruby savegame (which I don't remember if the cartridge has a battery inside or not, but anyway I was doing backups), so out of curiosity I went checking how was the situation and well it was as I expected, everything legal and ok....aside from that cursed Swampert lol. I'm not "angry" or anything because it was my original starter and stuff like that, the total playtime is like 15 hours so you can see im not a very big fan of Gen3. I just found odd that in all the pokemon I had in the box (including rayquaza and other legendary which are more likely to be cheated or powered up), only the starter one was flagged as illegal. I try to check with those programs and see if I can find some correlation !

yeah it is an odd scenario innit. Maybe the game glitched or something. The PID of starters have to be Method 1. (emulators might be inaccurate and cause other Methods). But yours wasn't even following any GBA methods. Without a way to reliable reproduce it, it would stay illegal.

• Like 1

Okay got it, meanwhile I did a test starting a new game, with the exact same Ruby cartridge and picking Mudkip again, just to see if there was some correlation.
After making a backup and opening it on PKHeX...well the Mudkip was 100% legal and of course 100% legit. It also says Method-1 and has origin seed. Swampert had none of them.

I think I should forget this Swampert thing, maybe as you said the game glitched somehow, also you said that in 10+ years no one noticed/reported a similar thing so I automatically assume it's a problem on my side (still I don't know how, but well it's not important, it would have been if with the new savegame I was getting another illegal Mudkip).

I could also start over and over again until I find an illegal starter, but its literally too much time consuming and most probably I will never get an illegal one. So yeah peace!

Also thank you for the details about the nickname thing.

• Like 1

PkHeX version: 20210806

Game: Pokemon Gold

I have a level 5 Murkrow hatched from an egg that is detected as illegal because it knows Drill Peck. However, this is a legitimate egg move for Murkrow. I haven't injected or edited the Pokemon in any way, it was hatched in-game from a mother Murkrow and father Dodrio that knows Drill Peck.

198 - MURKROW - 1096.pk2

• 4 weeks later...

Okay, I've tweaked the egg moves of a bunch of US bred Pokemon, and 3 years after the fact I'm getting illegality flags (which, as I cannot edit Gen 8, means I have to redo them in gen / and transfer all over again). Still, this particular flag bugs me, as, AFAIK, if you bred 2 Slowpoke with the movesets displayed as the egg moves, the offspring would inherit them, as technically starting moves are level up moves:

https://i.imgur.com/ZFOtU0R.png

Thanks for your time!

4 hours ago, Erior said:

Okay, I've tweaked the egg moves of a bunch of US bred Pokemon, and 3 years after the fact I'm getting illegality flags (which, as I cannot edit Gen 8, means I have to redo them in gen / and transfer all over again). Still, this particular flag bugs me, as, AFAIK, if you bred 2 Slowpoke with the movesets displayed as the egg moves, the offspring would inherit them, as technically starting moves are level up moves:

https://i.imgur.com/ZFOtU0R.png

Thanks for your time!

Slowpoke has 3 base egg moves, with Tackle last. Moves must be pushed out before they can be re-added.

To push out 3 base moves to reapply Yawn, parents must have 3 shared level up moves, and Yawn last.

The parents only have 4 move slots each, and all 4 have been used. We cannot have ANY egg moves, as there are no more parent move slots (need 3 between them).

Working as intended.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

PKHeX (211001), Game: Sword

Error: Analysis not available for this Pokemon

Couple of days ago I've finally managed to snag a Shiny Ditto in Pokemon Go (september research task), I've transferred it to Home and then Sword and proceeded to send it off with a bot to pc to make a back up of the Pk file (I've done this with other Pokemon from Go before). The ditto has not been trained in Sword or edited in any way in Pkhex and using the bot that gave me the file I cannot trade it back to my game anymore. I've obtained the Pokemon in it's intended way so I presume there is an error in the Pkhex/Bot database.

Projectpokemon kept giving me error code -200 while trying to upload, so I've used alternative sites.

pk8: (removed file since issue has been seolved as of latest Pkhex update)

Image of error in pkhex: https://imgur.com/8TefDKq

Thank you for your time and I hope the issue can be resolved😀

EDIT: Latest update has the fixed the issue and the bots seemed to be updated also since I have my Ditto back in my game, thank you all so much for the fast work👍

Edited by Weon Saturn
Removed the file since issue has been resolved

21 minutes ago, Weon Saturn said:

PKHeX (211001), Game: Sword

Error: Analysis not available for this Pokemon

Couple of days ago I've finally managed to snag a Shiny Ditto in Pokemon Go (september research task), I've transferred it to Home and then Sword and proceeded to send it off with a bot to pc to make a back up of the Pk file (I've done this with other Pokemon from Go before). The ditto has not been trained in Sword or edited in any way in Pkhex and using the bot that gave me the file I cannot trade it back to my game anymore. I've obtained the Pokemon in it's intended way so I presume there is an error in the Pkhex/Bot database.

Projectpokemon kept giving me error code -200 while trying to upload, so I've used alternative sites.

pk8: https://drive.google.com/file/d/19GPki1KaA5erIGM6_t8419Yd6Y8n0iJm/view?usp=sharing

Image of error in pkhex: https://imgur.com/8TefDKq

Thank you for your time and I hope the issue can be resolved😀

Any issues about "analysis not available for this Pokemon" relating to GO captures have been observed and reported.

7 hours ago, Smile said:

Some legality issues need help!

In VC GEN1, some PKM without moves are marked as illegal. When I set the capture rate to 0, they are legal.

Using pkhex to transfer PKM from gen5 to gen6, some of them are marked as illegal.

There is no move deleter in Gen1. You cannot get empty move slots if the encounter has been leveled up enough to fill out its moveset.

The catch rate is used as the Held Item ID in Gen2. The lack of a value there implies it was transferred to Gen2, which has a Move Deleter. Catch Rates are modified when transferred to Gen2, so having the original catch rate (depending on the value) implies your example was never traded to Gen2, thus, no Move Deleter.

Feeling: Thanks, fixed in latest commit. There have been a lot of improvements in memory checking, which didn't reach PKHeX's transfer logic.

https://github.com/kwsch/PKHeX/commit/113cd9be4fa14681db100fbe1f78c8e14b3753ef

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Kaphotics said:

There is no move deleter in Gen1. You cannot get empty move slots if the encounter has been leveled up enough to fill out its moveset.

The catch rate is used as the Held Item ID in Gen2. The lack of a value there implies it was transferred to Gen2, which has a Move Deleter. Catch Rates are modified when transferred to Gen2, so having the original catch rate (depending on the value) implies your example was never traded to Gen2, thus, no Move Deleter.

Feeling: Thanks, fixed in latest commit. There have been a lot of improvements in memory checking, which didn't reach PKHeX's transfer logic.

https://github.com/kwsch/PKHeX/commit/113cd9be4fa14681db100fbe1f78c8e14b3753ef

I see,thanks.

Exeggutor may be the exception?

Evolve level 24 exeggcut into exeggcut. There are only two moves.Exeggcute move listExeggutor move list

wait..

And a Level 9 Pidgeotto, caught in Viridian Forest.017 - ピジョン - B2BE.pk1

Viridian Forest

Edited by Smile

I also have a level 9 Pidgeotto caught in Viridian Forest (Yellow) that is marked as illegal for not having a third move. Pidgeotto doesn't learn a third move via level up until level 12.

And a level 3 Pikachu from Viridian Forest (Blue) with 2 moves that PKHeX says should have 4 moves, but it doesn't get its third level up move until level 9 and fourth at level 16. (Or levels 6 and 8 in Yellow.)

017 - PIDGEOTTO - 2482.pk1

025 - PIKACHU - FD84.pk1

Edited by sceptios

Hello! With the last update (20211001) I saw some fixes mainly on Generation 6 regarding "HT Feeling", no big deal, I think that may be correct,

However, I saw that some Vivillon Patterns became illegal, and since I wasn't sure exactly how the form work, I googled a bit, and according to my understanding, no matter the form of the scatterbug, even if you hatch it from whatever form, it will take automatically the form of your 3DS region? Correct me if I'm wrong.

Basically, I had to modify
Elegant -> JPN
Modern -> USA
Savanna -> USA (even without Brazil it works, any region is ok)
while the others are perfectly fine, at least using Poland and Europe (my Savegame)

They are all hatched by eggs, so to me it doesn't make sense that I had to change the location of 3 patterns while the others 17 are okay, despite the complete wrong location.

I don't know if you are aware of this, or if I didn't understand the mechanism, or if it's a work in progress... but I attach a screenshot anyway.

I remember i tried with other Countries of Europe and they were still legal even if the form was obtainable only in USA. But yeah those three I had to force the 3DS region change.
I don't think the language-bug is only for Poland, it may be messed up for other regions too so, in case it is wrong, I think the entire Vivillon thing must be re-written.

Screenshot below, I know that many times some reports are invalid due to user's fault/not knowledge but this time I think there is something kinda wrong and I googled a lot. If not a bug, I aplogize in advance (and maybe explain in details how this should work since Internet can be really misleading sometimes)

(Also, another reminder that I'm 100% sure you are aware of, and I mentioned some posts ago: Region Exclusive Events and stuff before Generation 6, can't have different Language Tag. Example: Korean Event in Generation 4, named in English. Must be Korean, otherwise Illegal). But yeah this is not top priority I think the Vivillon thing is more important).

Thank you!

vivillon.jpg