PKHeX new update legality errors (contribution page)

theSLAYER

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys,

Found an in-game trade pokemon still tagged as illegal after evolution. Initially noticed this in PKHeX 210131 version alongside Makuhita (fixed in the latest update).

Pokemon: DOTS (Nuzleaf & Shiftry)

• Game: Emerald/Ruby/Sapphire
  • Location in game: Rustboro City - In-game Trade.

PKHeX version: 210401 (Latest)

274 - NUZLEAF (DOTS) - 7C7B22DF9399.pk3 275 - SHIFTRY (DOTS) - 7BF7BF07A1E9.pk3

Latest version (210401) is flagging one of my Colosseum starters (Espeon) as illegal with "Invalid: Unable to match an encounter from origin game". I got them using PokeFinder.

I don't know why, but Espeon's PID is being read as coming from a different seed, when it should be the same. You can check that they're seven frames apart as it should inside the seed being read from Umbreon.

PKHex.png.73ddabe86921224e7f45b4ba5bb8ad02.png

Spoiler

Colo.thumb.png.4135dd97e60ba90df64b27673cf4e15e.png

If you make a PID to IV search in PokeFinder, they show at different seeds. Espeon is showing the same as PKHeX, but Umbreon is different.

Spoiler

Espeon:                                                                                                              Umbreon:

Espeon.png.8c387ed8c62c28b2472be52a249e8eb1.pngUmbreon.png.517200d1ea8b1a95e15fe1a27f14fe60.png

If I search the seed C591894E with the IVs I used for Umbreon, the same PIDs are 7 frames apart as they should again (this seed is never shown in PKHeX):

Spoiler

Colo2.thumb.png.656e2ce09d277dc5c29b3ae44db2b78f.png

I don't remember this happening with previous version of PKHeX but I can't find it anywhere. Here are the mons:

196 - ESPEON - 36C8B67CC615.ck3 197 - UMBREON - B11A222B1D5F.ck3

Edited by jacksonf

1 hour ago, jacksonf said:

Latest version (210401) is flagging one of my Colosseum starters (Espeon) as illegal with "Invalid: Unable to match an encounter from origin game". I got them using PokeFinder.

I don't know why, but Espeon's PID is being read as coming from a different seed, when it should be the same. You can check that they're seven frames apart as it should inside the seed being read from Umbreon.

PKHex.png.73ddabe86921224e7f45b4ba5bb8ad02.png

Reveal hidden contents

If you make a PID to IV search in PokeFinder, they show at different seeds. Espeon is showing the same as PKHeX, but Umbreon is different.

Reveal hidden contents

If I search the seed C591894E with the IVs I used for Umbreon, the same PIDs are 7 frames apart as they should again (this seed is never shown in PKHeX):

Reveal hidden contents

I don't remember this happening with previous version of PKHeX but I can't find it anywhere. Here are the mons:

196 - ESPEON - 36C8B67CC615.ck3 312 B · 0 downloads 197 - UMBREON - B11A222B1D5F.ck3 312 B · 0 downloads

Working as intended.

image.pngimage.png

• Like 1
  • Ashamed 1

On 4/3/2021 at 7:24 AM, KuroRaikou said:

Hey guys,

Found an in-game trade pokemon still tagged as illegal after evolution. Initially noticed this in PKHeX 210131 version alongside Makuhita (fixed in the latest update).

Pokemon: DOTS (Nuzleaf & Shiftry)

• Game: Emerald/Ruby/Sapphire
  • Location in game: Rustboro City - In-game Trade.

PKHeX version: 210401 (Latest)

274 - NUZLEAF (DOTS) - 7C7B22DF9399.pk3 100 B · 0 downloads 275 - SHIFTRY (DOTS) - 7BF7BF07A1E9.pk3 100 B · 0 downloads

Those PIDs are incorrect for the in-game trade. PIDs don't magically change on evolution.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

PKHex 20210406, Gen 6.

Any pokémon can have the "(PKMN) battled at (Trainer)’s side and defeated the strongest Trainer. The Pokémon fondly remembers that it felt proud." memory even without the ribbon. My Xerneas (wich is banned from battle maison and I never edited) got the memory after I defeated the battle chatelaine. The Xerneas and the team that I used was in my party.

Xerneas Legality Checker.png

Xerneas Memory Tab.png

Xerneas Ribbons.png

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

With the new update (tested today) any Pokemon helding a Watmel Berry will be flagged as Illegal.

Not sure if it correct or not, but the error says "Invalid: Held item is Unreleased".

Also I have the Tapu Bulu event with OT "Ula'ula", always flagged Legal.
Now if I load the savegame into older version, the OT stays "Ula'ula"
If I load the savegame with the latest release the OT automatically changes with "Ula’ula" (If you can't see the difference, copy and paste the two OT on Notepad and you will notice), and thus it becomes illegal. I don't really know what's happening here.

Also, Geolocation is wrong, as other reported, Portugal is indeed in Europe, but it shows invaild. Plus, many Events are automatically changed to JPN Country, even if they are American. Viceversa, some JPN pokemon get "blank" Country when loaded.
And Every Country doesn't have anymore the (-) option (unsetted) on SubRegion. I think there is a serious issue with Geolocation.

Hope to be helpful somehow!

Edited by ranqt

11 hours ago, ranqt said:

With the new update (tested today) any Pokemon helding a Watmel Berry will be flagged as Illegal.

Not sure if it correct or not, but the error says "Invalid: Held item is Unreleased".

Also I have the Tapu Bulu event with OT "Ula'ula", always flagged Legal.
Now if I load the savegame into older version, the OT stays "Ula'ula"
If I load the savegame with the latest release the OT automatically changes with "Ula’ula" (If you can't see the difference, copy and paste the two OT on Notepad and you will notice), and thus it becomes illegal. I don't really know what's happening here.

Also, Geolocation is wrong, as other reported, Portugal is indeed in Europe, but it shows invaild. Plus, many Events are automatically changed to JPN Country, even if they are American. Viceversa, some JPN pokemon get "blank" Country when loaded.
And Every Country doesn't have anymore the (-) option (unsetted) on SubRegion. I think there is a serious issue with Geolocation.

Hope to be helpful somehow!

Watmel Berry - Working as intended, the berry is unavailable in Generations 7 and 8. Next time, please specify what Game/Generation you are experiencing the issue with.

Tapu Bulu - Also working as intended. Read the changelog, it's not limited to Farfetch'd. Past versions of PKHeX would sanitize the apostrophe used in the OT, but this would've lead to an illegal Tapu Bulu, as the apostrophe differed from the one received from the Wonder Card.

Geolocation - Has already been fixed.

6 hours ago, sora10pls said:

Watmel Berry - Working as intended, the berry is unavailable in Generations 7 and 8. Next time, please specify what Game/Generation you are experiencing the issue with.

Tapu Bulu - Also working as intended. Read the changelog, it's not limited to Farfetch'd. Past versions of PKHeX would sanitize the apostrophe used in the OT, but this would've lead to an illegal Tapu Bulu, as the apostrophe differed from the one received from the Wonder Card.

Geolocation - Has already been fixed.

Sorry, In Gen6 the berry it flags as illegal.

I don't know about Gen7, but If I transfer the Pokemon holding a berry from Gen6 to Gen7, that would make it illegal then?

About Tapu Bulu, still there is an error, even if I use the correct Wonder Card, everytime I load it, it automatically converts with the wront OT.
I drag n dropped the event with an older pkhex and saved the game. I can't do it on the newer pkhex because of the broken geolocation, so can't really save an illegal pokemon.

Edited by ranqt

32 minutes ago, ranqt said:

Sorry, In Gen6 the berry it flags as illegal.

You mean flagged as legal?
image.png

34 minutes ago, ranqt said:

but If I transfer the Pokemon holding a berry from Gen6 to Gen7, that would make it illegal then?

Items can't be transferred up. And yes, it would be illegal, cause there's no way to obtain the item.

• Like 1

Oh yes, my bad about the berry. It is indeed Legal.

About Tapu Bulu, none of the PKHeX version were relatable (they were auto-renaming the poke OT if I understood right) so  I couldn't know what was the exact OT saved in the bytes, so yeah I opened it with a hex editor and I discovered it was indeed saved with the wrong '. I replaced it with the real ' and now when I drag n drop it on both old and new PkHeX it shows Legal. All good.

Thanks!

• 1 month later...

Caterpie
Female
Caught in Pokémon Crystal (Virtual Console) with two badges
Caught in National Park during Bug Catching Contest at level 18
Went straight to the box, hasn't been touched since.

PKHex is saying it's unable to match an encounter from the origin game, but I caught it only 10 minutes ago in the Bug Catching Contest, and it hasn't be nicknamed or trained or touched at all. So not sure what could possibly be wrong.

PKHex Version 20210521

010 - CATERPIE - FE2D.pk2

1 hour ago, jazpersona said:

Caterpie
Female
Caught in Pokémon Crystal (Virtual Console) with two badges
Caught in National Park during Bug Catching Contest at level 18
Went straight to the box, hasn't been touched since.

PKHex is saying it's unable to match an encounter from the origin game, but I caught it only 10 minutes ago in the Bug Catching Contest, and it hasn't be nicknamed or trained or touched at all. So not sure what could possibly be wrong.

PKHex Version 20210521

010 - CATERPIE - FE2D.pk2 73 B · 0 downloads

Thanks, fixed in latest commit: https://github.com/kwsch/PKHeX/commit/0e9d0886a9f9a7efda7bf329ee20f3e0ef4b2895

• Like 1

On 6/20/2020 at 12:18 PM, theSLAYER said:

NOT FOR USER MISTAKES OR TROUBLESHOOTING HELP.

Please share:
1. How you caught the mon:
Location: Is it event/wild area event/wandering/in grass/den etc
Level: Level it was met at, and perhaps how many badges you had then etc.
Changes: Have you changed the moves, have you since evolved it, has been been trained etc.

2. Upload actual file PK to your post (our forums support direct uploading).

3. Version of PKHeX you're using.
image.png

All 3 needed. They're a must!
Thanks.

836 ★ - Boltund - 5BC3BA596473.pk8

Species: Boltund (Shiny) Female

Caught as Yamper at Route 2 , Level 5 ;  Trained upto level 46

Badges- None

Moveset : Edited( Checked Give all in TR Relearn editor and taught it Play Rough and Psychic Fangs)
THIS WAS MY FIRST WILD ENCOUNTER SHINY EVER!

2. PKM File: Shared above

3. PkHex Version: 20210521

It's flagged illegal AFTER I updated PkHex today about an hour ago. " Encounter Type PID Mismatch

Also forgot to add, origin game is pokemon shield

15 minutes ago, MohakB said:

836 ★ - Boltund - 5BC3BA596473.pk8 344 B · 0 downloads

Species: Boltund (Shiny) Female

Caught as Yamper at Route 2 , Level 5 ;  Trained upto level 46

Badges- None

Moveset : Edited( Checked Give all in TR Relearn editor and taught it Play Rough and Psychic Fangs)
THIS WAS MY FIRST WILD ENCOUNTER SHINY EVER!

2. PKM File: Shared above

3. PkHex Version: 20210521

It's flagged illegal AFTER I updated PkHex today about an hour ago. " Encounter Type PID Mismatch

Also forgot to add, origin game is pokemon shield

If my assumption is correct, you made an illegal edit, which you failed to mention.
(I'm assuming you changed it's PID to make it shiny)

Read:

edit: You modified the IVs illegally (your IV edit broke overworld8). PKHeX is working as intended.

It appears you may have followed my template for changes without realizing it has etc in that section.
I changed up that line to hopefully make it more obvious :3

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I caught a level 3 Dunsparce in the Dark Cave area in Soul Silver. The method of acquisition was a swarm. PKHeX (version 20210521) flags the Pokemon as illegal because it can't match an encounter from the specified origin game.

Unless I'm missing something, this is simply because the encounter database states that the minimum level Dunsparce can be found here is level 4. My Dunsparce is level 3 but resources such as Bulbapedia and Serebii suggest that it can be found as low as level 2 during a swarm. Changing the met level to 4 results in the Pokemon being considered legal.

Attached is a copy of the Pokemon data taken from Moon but it would appear the issue is reproducible in any generation. I checked some other Pokemon with lower levels during a swarm, such as Chansey, but found no issues so it's probably isolated to just Dunsparce (both Heart Gold and Soul Silver versions) in this case.

I hope that's enough information to go off of. Thank you in advance.

206 - Dunsparce - EA098CD63562.pk7

Edited by Purrmewtations

2 hours ago, Purrmewtations said:

I caught a level 3 Dunsparce in the Dark Cave area in Soul Silver. The method of acquisition was a swarm. PKHeX (version 20210521) flags the Pokemon as illegal because it can't match an encounter from the specified origin game.

Unless I'm missing something, this is simply because the encounter database states that the minimum level Dunsparce can be found here is level 4. My Dunsparce is level 3 but resources such as Bulbapedia and Serebii suggest that it can be found as low as level 2 during a swarm. Changing the met level to 4 results in the Pokemon being considered legal.

Attached is a copy of the Pokemon data taken from Moon but it would appear the issue is reproducible in any generation. I checked some other Pokemon with lower levels during a swarm, such as Chansey, but found no issues so it's probably isolated to just Dunsparce (both Heart Gold and Soul Silver versions) in this case.

I hope that's enough information to go off of. Thank you in advance.

206 - Dunsparce - EA098CD63562.pk7 260 B · 2 downloads

@Kaphotics I can confirm this to be an issue. I caught 2 Lv2 Dunsparce during a swarm. Cute Charm'd and regular.

206 - DUNSPARCE - 7EB91FF6B7B0.pk4206 ★ - DUNSPARCE - 742000000003.pk4

The same thing doesn't happen to lv 13-14 Marill caught during Swarms (Swarm Lvs: 13-15, Wild Lv: 15), so I wonder if Dunsparce just got left out from the swarm table..

• Like 1