PKHeX new update legality errors (contribution page)

theSLAYER

13 minutes ago, AliceTheAlice said:

@theSLAYER, this proves absolutely nothing.

Focus on the two Registeels.
It proves
(a) The GO symbol is tied to Go origin game and Go Met Location. (LGPE mons from GO doesn't have it)
(b) It implies that "barred entry into a game" could be a byte, or some other form of data on the pk8. If it wasn't, either both Registeel will be disallowed entry, or both Registeel will be allowed entry. (The cross symbol)

Is the goal to make a Pokémon which cannot be transferred via the restriction?

The user chanced upon the oddity when testing my claim of Go mons needing to be Go origin game and Go met location.
(The user was using a Zapdos, and was puzzled by why it appeared to allow entry when that SWSH save doesn't have a Zapdos).

I got the user to have both mons side by side in one image, to confirm the situation.
(As I said, if the HOME checking wasn't dependent on some other value, either both Registeel will be disallowed entry, or both Registeel will be allowed entry. Not half and half.)

I imagine there are one of two things (if not both occuring):

1. There is a formula for assigning Home ID's based upon how it arrived which includes a check for if it came from PoGo directly. (If this is the only check, you would have to re-assign a HOME ID to a mon direct from PoGo that you immediately delete.)
  2. The Home app uses one of the unused Bits for mons directly from PoGo which it clears when transferred to a main series game.

(1) HOME ID is re-assigned whenever it re-enters HOME. The mon will persist not being able to enter SWSH saves that never had that species. I tested that for myself.
SW caught Melmetal, SH didn't have it. GO Melmetal couldn't enter SH, despite being in SW and re-entering SH.

You could argue that they could just recalculate the HOME ID to match that formula on re-entry, but thus far the HOME IDs just climb sequentially, doesn't appear to adhere to any weird jumps to match a formula.

(2) As per what I said in number 1, it "does not get cleared". The requirement to enter a save that has had it persists.

In any case, I'll like to attempt more tests to narrow down the phenomenon.

Also, apparently only mythicals/legendaries has that entry requirement. Since we know HOME isn't checking by species (the Registeel example above), it'll make sense that they leave a bit/byte on it somewhere, then just keep checking if the bit is flipped. My next order of business, would be to check the fateful encounter byte (I think it's shared with other stuff), could be fun.

• 1 month later...

I've found an issue with the met level of Pokemon Go Legendaries. They should have a met level of 15 if encountered from a task and these can only come in Poke balls, Great balls and Ultra balls. They have a met level of 20 or 25 if encountered from a raid and these can only be available in premier balls. What I have found is that if the met level is set to anywhere between 15 and 50 it thinks it's legal and will even think a level 15 in a premier ball is legal. It then thinks current level of 15 is legal too if met level is set to 15, this is below the level it should be in a premier ball.  Have attached a couple of files to show one with a met level of 15 and a met level of 50, both in premier balls. This is actually meant to be illegal, it should have a met level of 20 or 25.

384 ★ - Rayquaza - 0020FEE5A81B.pk8 384 ★ - Rayquaza - 7579FEE5A81B.pk8

53 minutes ago, Smithers said:

I've found an issue with the met level of Pokemon Go Legendaries. They should have a met level of 15 if encountered from a task and these can only come in Poke balls, Great balls and Ultra balls. They have a met level of 20 or 25 if encountered from a raid and these can only be available in premier balls. What I have found is that if the met level is set to anywhere between 15 and 50 it thinks it's legal and will even think a level 15 in a premier ball is legal. It then thinks current level of 15 is legal too if met level is set to 15, this is below the level it should be in a premier ball.  Have attached a couple of files to show one with a met level of 15 and a met level of 50, both in premier balls. This is actually meant to be illegal, it should have a met level of 20 or 25.

384 ★ - Rayquaza - 0020FEE5A81B.pk8 344 B · 0 downloads 384 ★ - Rayquaza - 7579FEE5A81B.pk8 344 B · 0 downloads

We're aware, and dealt with. Read:
https://projectpokemon.org/home/forums/topic/58329-pokemon-go-level-15-shiny-legends/

PKHeX is flagging my Colosseum starters as illegal. I just used EonTimer and the GameCube RNG assistant to get the attached Umbreon and Espeon, but its flagging them with the error,  "Invalid: Unable to match encounter conditions to a possible RNG frame."

Conditions: Starter

Level Met: Espeon, 25; Umbreon, 27

Changes: None

197 - UMBREON - F7ED62A7661F.ck3 196 - ESPEON - 534B1E7564DA.ck3

3 hours ago, Loptous said:

PKHeX is flagging my Colosseum starters as illegal. I just used EonTimer and the GameCube RNG assistant to get the attached Umbreon and Espeon, but its flagging them with the error,  "Invalid: Unable to match encounter conditions to a possible RNG frame."

Thanks, fixed in latest commit!

https://github.com/kwsch/PKHeX/commit/6071834d4f08b2e65ec8e3aad5325baaa077fb88

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, AlamosIT said:

Hello, I noticed that every PK3s from PCNY Distribution Machine shared by Deoxyz are flagged as illegal. PK2 are ok.

I think you already know it. But maybe not.

Thank for your work❤️

Gen3 Events are not catalogued in any serializable format, so PKHeX does not recognize those that aren't already hardcoded in the EncounterWC3.cs file.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Kaphotics said:

Gen3 Events are not catalogued in any serializable format, so PKHeX does not recognize those that aren't already hardcoded in the EncounterWC3.cs file.

Ok, I supposed there was a reason like this.

Thanks and sorry for wasting your time.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello!

I downloaded the most recent version of PKHEX(20201230) and noticed that now most of my Pokemon's relearn moves are invalid when they were set in version (20201128) via the batch editor. I'm not sure if this is a bug but when I try and fix it using .RelearnMoves=$suggest in the batch editor in (20201230) it still says the moves are invalid.

I attached photos and an example mon showing how it's showing the discrepancy. I'm sorry if this was discussed in the release notes but I didn't notice any changes regarding relearn moves in them.

2021-01-08 (2).png

2021-01-08 (3).png

Eevees caught in the Pokéwalker are being flagged as Illegal if they are evolved before being transferred.

I was transferring some Pokéwalker Pokémon from SoulSilver to Black, but my Leafeon was marked as illegal.
I loaded the SS save into PKHeX, and the Leafeon is considered legal in SS; it is only flagged in Gen 5 and above with, "Encounter Type PID mismatch" and, "Encounter Type does not match Encounter."
So I restored a previous version of my save that had the original Eevee before I traded it to Platinum and evolved and transferred it to Black, and it is marked as legal in both Black and SS.
If I change the Eevee to a Umbreon, Espeon, Leafeon, or Glaceon in the Black save using PKHeX and increase it's level from 10 to 11 then it is not flagged.

I have included both a pk4 and pk5 file of the Eevee and Leafeon affected and an editied Umbreon that is considered legal.

Changes made to the Umbreon:
1. Species changed from Eevee to Umbreon.
2. Level Changed from 10 to 11.

No changes were made to the other Pokémon. Just a drag and drop into a folder from the respective saves.

133 - EEVEE - 85B16900004C.pk4 133 - EEVEE - DF246900004C.pk5 197 - Umbreon - CC1D6900004C.pk5 470 - Leafeon - 7DD16900004C.pk4 470 - Leafeon - D2536900004C.pk5

1 hour ago, Loptous said:

Eevees caught in the Pokéwalker are being flagged as Illegal if they are evolved before being transferred.

I was transferring some Pokéwalker Pokémon from SoulSilver to Black, but my Leafeon was marked as illegal.
I loaded the SS save into PKHeX, and the Leafeon is considered legal in SS; it is only flagged in Gen 5 and above with, "Encounter Type PID mismatch" and, "Encounter Type does not match Encounter."
So I restored a previous version of my save that had the original Eevee before I traded it to Platinum and evolved and transferred it to Black, and it is marked as legal in both Black and SS.
If I change the Eevee to a Umbreon, Espeon, Leafeon, or Glaceon in the Black save using PKHeX and increase it's level from 10 to 11 then it is not flagged.

I have included both a pk4 and pk5 file of the Eevee and Leafeon affected and an editied Umbreon that is considered legal.

Changes made to the Umbreon:
1. Species changed from Eevee to Umbreon.
2. Level Changed from 10 to 11.

No changes were made to the other Pokémon. Just a drag and drop into a folder from the respective saves.

Works fine on the latest commits; was already reported and resolved since the last release.

• Like 1

Hello:

I attached two save games with false positives, hope it helps.

Save 1 is Pokemon Black 2 Spanish. Original game played on original hardware (Nintendo DS Lite), then used a 2DS to get the save file.

• Yanci (Belinda in the Spanish version) trades are marked as illegal, they worked on the previous version (unable to match an encounter).
  • The happiny egg you get as a gift is marked as illegal as well (unable to match a gift egg encounter)

Pokemon lets go Pikachu (English game), played on Nintendo Switch then saved with Check Point.

• Some trades are marked as illegal. For example I got Alola Rattata from Tatianna and evolved to Raticate. Rattata is ok, but Raticate is marked as illegal.
  • I also got 2 Alola Vulpix, one from the GTS and another from a friend that I evolved to A. Ninetales and both are marked as illegal.
  • Evolved A. Graveler marked as illegal because the CP doesn't match. I evolved it from a legally caught A. Geoduda so I guess the way the game and pkhex calculates the CP is slighty different (498 LGP vs 499 Pkhex). I don't count it as an error, I guess its impossible to replicate the formula.

savedata_LGPE Dex.bin POKEMON B2 SPANISH.sav

On 1/17/2021 at 5:04 PM, Tlili said:

A Fearow catched as a Spearow (headbutt tree) is flagged as illegal on Crystal VC. Didn't edit anything on it, just leveled up. 

Thanks for reporting, fixed in latest commit:

https://github.com/kwsch/PKHeX/commit/6d0da504d5c416a5aa4104b1b586c194357bf2a6

Wasn't fun tracking it down, haha. Was probably a typo error in noting the location ID via numpad.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
54 minutes ago, Kaphotics said:

Foreign Pokemon can't get the ribbon unless they're battle version is set.

This is not the place to complain about your hacks being correctly flagged.

There is something wrong with my expression maybe. (English is not my native language)

I mean the Legendary Pokemon could get this ribbon in new season , but the database is still judge these illegal. It has no relate to the battle version(I had set the battle version in this picture)

• 4 weeks later...

I have seen that all the pokemon with a date before to the 5th gen is marked as legal, however this is impossible, because when transferring the pokemon from 4th to 5th gen by the Poké Transfer, the capture date changes to the day that it was passed by Poké Transfer. It happens the same as when going from 3rd to 4th generation when captured in Pal Park.
Therefore, it is impossible to have in 5th, 6th, 7th and 8th gen a pokemon dated before 09/18/2010, or in 4th gen a pokemon dated before 09/28/2006, but PKHeX marks it as legal.

Moreover, the date never marks it as illegal, for example a scoorbunny with a capture date in 2007 does not mark it as illegal.

39 minutes ago, Jaizor11 said:

I have seen that all the pokemon with a date before to the 5th gen is marked as legal, however this is impossible, because when transferring the pokemon from 4th to 5th gen by the Poké Transfer, the capture date changes to the day that it was passed by Poké Transfer. It happens the same as when going from 3rd to 4th generation when captured in Pal Park.
Therefore, it is impossible to have in 5th, 6th, 7th and 8th gen a pokemon dated before 09/18/2010, or in 4th gen a pokemon dated before 09/28/2006, but PKHeX marks it as legal.

Moreover, the date never marks it as illegal, for example a scoorbunny with a capture date in 2007 does not mark it as illegal.

A NDS date can be changed. It carries the transfer date on the NDS. As such, I don't see how that is a problem.

Likewise, the Switch's date can be changed, so the Scorbunny could have any date that can be set on the Switch.

• 4 weeks later...