PKHeX new update legality errors (contribution page)

theSLAYER

3 hours ago, raulpitz said:

Any one know why this Landorus is illegal?

When this Landorus is Incamate form it is legal. After I switch the form to Therian in game PKhex will show Hidden ability mismatch for encounter type. Is this a PKhex glitch or actually illegal pokemon?

645-01 ★ - Landorus - ABB02020C6DA.pk8 344 B · 0 downloads

Therian form doesnt have an HA, it just has Intimidate. While the Incarnate form does have a HA. Put the Ability at (1) for Therian form.

Edited by Chaosta

5 hours ago, Chaosta said:

Therian form doesnt have an HA, it just has Intimidate. While the Incarnate form does have a HA. Put the Ability at (1) for Therian form.

I don’t think that’s accurate. Using the Dream Radar Landorus as a basis, while the therian forme has the same ability, reverting it to incarnate shows HA. 

Thus, the HA status was carried from the therian forme. In this case, the reverse should also be true. It’s possible it’s not accounted for in PKHeX.

FYI: something similar occurs with Flygon. The one you catch in Max Den is HA, but in game you can’t tell cause the ability is the same. You’ll only notice after you breed it.

edit: The Incarnate/Therian HA issue is known, and will be fixed in the next stable release.

• V-Wheeeeeel!!! 1

Hello all!

I transfered over 3 of my spare Shiny Pokémon from Pokémon Go:
image.png.556a537b30f906621e79b0a8f398e215.png

I figured I would share some information for the Legality aspect of the game:

• Pokémon only obtained in Raids (most Legendary & some Mythical) can only be caught in a Premiere Ball
  • Pokémon only obtained in Raids at lowest level can be 20 since Raids are either Lv. 20 or Lv. 25 for weather boosted
  • Some Legendary Pokémon have been available as weekly rewards which opens up those Pokémon to be caught in regular balls at Lv. 15
  • The Met Date reflects POGO's met date (NOT the transfer date aka there are now ILLEGAL obtain dates)
  • The Origin Game/Met Location are obviously from Go:

image.png.d0ee75dfd3c92e027fdfb392cb801f39.png

However, there is one more piece of information that I figured that I would share.

All 3 of my Shiny Pokémon have Xor = 0:

image.png.e64ebaf7deaf0a40a1ee431994da02cf.png

image.png.54a7b262d3f6af147e9b71abb88300f5.png

image.png.98a26e629525ce36bfd557b11137235d.png

Which I doubt is a coincidence!!

(I would like to ask since Shiny Genesect was exclusively Japan only event in Gen 5: are the Gen 5 to 7 Mystery Gifts for Shiny Pokémon capable of being be obtained as "Xor=1?" or is Gen 5 Shiny Genesect illegal as a Star Shiny?)

Edited by AliceTheAlice

@AliceTheAlice thanks for the info!

The team is presently (and has been) reviewing information regarding GO -> HOME legality.
[they've been thinking about this for a while, even before the announcement]

Let me just address a few factors:
a) The stuff in pointer form you've mentioned were already being considered :3
b) The xor = 0 would probably match the LGPE shiny formula they used. There's a "shiny chance" of a PID being xor <> 0 in the GO transfers there.
c) Gen 5 Shiny Genesect was available to Japan and Korea, not just Japan. Also, I'm unsure of how the PIDs in Gen 5 were generated, but they should have been sufficiently random. Regardless, since it has a fateful encounter, it can only appear as Square Shiny in SWSH.

@theSLAYER I believe the LGPE assessment would be correct:

image.png.c68dcf32faf8b40b07c793a31bb77d98.png

I forgot that Bank to Home made that shift on Fateful Encounters. I will just stick with my 31/31/31/31/31/0 red bug from POGO.

It's just gross to think that the legal checks will now have to go back and verify the dates of Legendary Pokémon from Raids to be accurate. *cringe*

Side note: Is there any word on if the next version of PKHeX will show the Dex data that Pokemon Home reads for the non-numbered mons? Pokemon Home adds an extra restriction to Pokémon Go mon that they cannot be transfered if the Dex on the receiving game is flagged as Uncaught. You cannot unlock Dex data with PoGo mons... lame. Anyways, this indicates the National (at this point Global is more correct of a term) PokéDex exists in the game.

11 minutes ago, AliceTheAlice said:

I believe the LGPE assessment would be correct:

yeah, basically someone made a bot and did like a heck load of encounters, re-encountering the same mon in GO Park again and again. (PID changes per encounter, and PID was captured from RAM)
Only a very small percent had non 0 xors..

12 minutes ago, AliceTheAlice said:

Bank to Home made that shift on Fateful Encounters. I will just stick with my 31/31/31/31/31/0 red bug from POGO.

It's not even Bank to HOME, it's just how SWSH displays the shiny. (The PID doesn't change).
Additionally, the same effect is applied to GO shinies too.

13 minutes ago, AliceTheAlice said:

It's just gross to think that the legal checks will now have to go back and verify the dates of Legendary Pokémon from Raids to be accurate. *cringe*

I agree. My best advice is to simply not take GO mons from others, and don't generate a GO origin mon. Then you'll never have to worry bout it XD

14 minutes ago, AliceTheAlice said:

Side note: Is there any word on if the next version of PKHeX will show the Dex data that Pokemon Home reads for the non-numbered mons? Pokemon Home adds an extra restriction to Pokémon Go mon that they cannot be transfered if the Dex on the receiving game is flagged as Uncaught. You cannot unlock Dex data with PoGo mons... lame. Anyways, this indicates the National (at this point Global is more correct of a term) PokéDex exists in the game.

I don't have info about that. In any case, I would think HOME is just checking the event flags.
The event flags for those legendaries are already documented..

8 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

Only a very small percent had non 0 xors..

You mean if I keep re-rolling that I might end up with an Xor=1 for Let's Go Meltan/Melmetals?!? Just need to confirm because I have no issue spending the time... just want to confirm those non-0 values also included a Xor=1 in there!

8 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

The event flags for those legendaries are already documented..

Where??? Link? Please! :)

Edited by AliceTheAlice

50 minutes ago, AliceTheAlice said:

You mean if I keep re-rolling that I might end up with an Xor=1 for Let's Go Meltan/Melmetals?!? Just need to confirm because I have no issue spending the time... just want to confirm those non-0 values also included a Xor=1 in there!

yeah, but without some kind of RAM watcher, you can only check the PID is after you catch it.

And yes, can confirm the PID you roll will be different each time, and XOR<>0 is effectively shiny chance.

51 minutes ago, AliceTheAlice said:

Where??? Link? Please!

On 11/13/2020 at 3:58 PM, theSLAYER said:

yeah, but without some kind of RAM watcher, you can only check the PID is after you catch it.

You really think that is a deterrent?!? LOL!!

On 11/13/2020 at 3:58 PM, theSLAYER said:

Unfortunately, the assumption the information was on said Event Flags is wrong. You will notice that the link you provide makes no mention of the Dex-less Mythicals. No Mew, Celebii, nor Genesect. However, no shortage of players can confirm that a Pokémon Go mon produces an error in Home when trying to trade it to Sw/Sh were the same species is not mapped as caught. Non-Go mons are permitted to unlock data but Go mons are NOT permitted to unlock Dex data for you.

I assume the base Dex data is stored as an array. So, there has to be an array connected to or with the existing Dex data.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AliceTheAlice said:

You really think that is a deterrent?!? LOL!!

Unfortunately, the assumption the information was on said Event Flags is wrong. You will notice that the link you provide makes no mention of the Dex-less Mythicals. No Mew, Celebii, nor Genesect. However, no shortage of players can confirm that a Pokémon Go mon produces an error in Home when trying to trade it to Sw/Sh were the same species is not mapped as caught. Non-Go mons are permitted to unlock data but Go mons are NOT permitted to unlock Dex data for you.

I assume the base Dex data is stored as an array. So, there has to be an array connected to or with the existing Dex data.

yeah I came to that realization this morning when I see it blocking Victini.
I'm getting someone to check.

27 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

yeah I came to that realization this morning when I see it blocking Victini.
I'm getting someone to check.

Adding insult to injury, these restrictions do not apply if it's a Gen 1 Pokémon (+ Meltan/Melmetal) sent through the GO Park. Apart from having the Let's Go OT instead of the HOME one and having less restrictions on caught balls, I find no easily visible difference between GO Pokémon sent in that way and those sent directly (although, to be fair, I haven't tried sending a Gen 1 Pokémon through the HOME Transporter in GO). Has anyone determined what could be flagging this?

Edited by Shady Guy Jose

18 minutes ago, Shady Guy Jose said:

Adding insult to injury, these restrictions do not apply if it's a Gen 1 Pokémon (+ Meltan/Melmetal) sent through the GO Park. Apart from having the Let's Go OT instead of the HOME one and having less restrictions on caught balls, I find no easily visible difference between GO Pokémon sent in that way (although, to be fair, I haven't tried sending a Gen 1 Pokémon through the HOME Transporter in GO). Has anyone determined what could be flagging this?

There could be some flags in the PK8's data that is flagging in as a direct transfer from GO->HOME.
Transferring it to SWSH and back to HOME (to change it's tracker) didn't change it's identification.

13 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

There could be some flags in the PK8's data that is flagging in as a direct transfer from GO->HOME.
Transferring it to SWSH and back to HOME (to change it's tracker) didn't change it's identification.

Yeah, I tried that with a Shiny Cresselia I had in GO (moved it into Sword and back to HOME), and I noticed only two changes: the GO username, which showed up in the initial mobile HOME summary, is no longer there, and it now obviously shows up as having last been moved in from Sword. However, the GO icon is still there in the Switch app, and it still won't let me move it into my Shield version (which has never had a Cresselia in it).

Spoiler

Before 1.jpgBefore 2.jpg

After 1.pngAfter 2.png

Switch 1.jpg

Switch 2.jpg

4 minutes ago, Shady Guy Jose said:

Yeah, I tried that with a Shiny Cresselia I had in GO (moved it into Sword and back to HOME), and I noticed only two changes: the GO username, which showed up in the initial mobile HOME summary, is no longer there, and it now obviously shows up as having last been moved in from Sword. However, the GO icon is still there in the Switch app, and it still won't let me move it into my Shield version (which has never had a Cresselia in it).

Reveal hidden contents

I literally just tested that. The sticker you see on Mobile HOME changes due to HOME tracker updating.
Yup, it is as per what I concluded in my previous post.

2 hours ago, DemonStrike said:

When I clicked on the ! icon, I got the following message.

Flygon4.PNG

so it's legal then. probably just some kind of minor error. just set it into the game and move on

edit @Shady Guy Jose going back to what we were talking about, how HOME treats the mons, appears to be because of Met Locations.
(ignore the illegal symbol; I'm using an outdated PKHeX atm)

image.png

1 hour ago, theSLAYER said:

so it's legal then. probably just some kind of minor error. just set it into the game and move on

edit @Shady Guy Jose going back to what we were talking about, how HOME treats the mons, appears to be because of Met Locations.
(ignore the illegal symbol; I'm using an outdated PKHeX atm)

image.png

Hah, I guess that solves it. I had actually entertained that thought, but I couldn't test it without a CFW Switch or sysbot handy, and I dismissed it because met locations are usually reset on Gen transfer. So I guess that, for once, previous Gen (LGPE, in this case) met locations are retained in Gen 8? I thought they were replaced with "Kanto region" or "Pokémon GO". Do other past Gen Pokémon keep their met locations in Sword/Shield?

24 minutes ago, Shady Guy Jose said:

Hah, I guess that solves it. I had actually entertained that thought, but I couldn't test it without a CFW Switch or sysbot handy, and I dismissed it because met locations are usually reset on Gen transfer. So I guess that, for once, previous Gen (LGPE, in this case) met locations are retained in Gen 8? I thought they were replaced with "Kanto region" or "Pokémon GO". Do other past Gen Pokémon keep their met locations in Sword/Shield?

It could be a special cause for GO.

Plus Gen 6 to Gen 8 used similar PKX structures anyway...

So even if the data is still there (for Gen 6 onwards, they are), it may simply have gone unused and not referenced by the game.
The game checks the Origin game data to show that it was from Kalos region or whatever, for example.

44 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

It could be a special cause for GO.

Plus Gen 6 to Gen 8 used similar PKX structures anyway...

So even if the data is still there (for Gen 6 onwards, they are), it may simply have gone unused and not referenced by the game.
The game checks the Origin game data to show that it was from Kalos region or whatever, for example.

Well, there goes my hope of making them transferrable to other games somehow. Guess I'll have to keep a main-series-caught living dex handy. Thanks for checking, and sorry for derailing the legality errors topic!

On 11/16/2020 at 2:07 AM, Shady Guy Jose said:

Adding insult to injury, these restrictions do not apply if it's a Gen 1 Pokémon (+ Meltan/Melmetal) sent through the GO Park. Apart from having the Let's Go OT instead of the HOME one and having less restrictions on caught balls

There's also this:

image.png.cc09e05d3640a0a2ddaec0474345f6b7.png

There's more than enough changes to mon for Home to see it different than RAW never been to a game before mon. (Simularly... once you transfer them into a game... they may be good in every future title.)

23 minutes ago, AliceTheAlice said:

There's also this:

image.png.cc09e05d3640a0a2ddaec0474345f6b7.png

There's more than enough changes to mon for Home to see it different than RAW never been to a game before mon. (Simularly... once you transfer them into a game... they may be good in every future title.)

I've mentioned the Met Location thing being relevant here:

also, it's been soft confirmed on discord:

image.png

Left Registeel from GO, right generated (as per met location), and the GO symbol appears.
However, there appears to be another flag on the mon, hence why the generated Registeel can be moved into SWSH.

On 11/17/2020 at 11:26 AM, theSLAYER said:

also, it's been soft confirmed on discord:

image.png

Left Registeel from GO, right generated (as per met location), and the GO symbol appears.
However, there appears to be another flag on the mon, hence why the generated Registeel can be moved into SWSH.

@theSLAYER, this proves absolutely nothing.

Is the goal to make a Pokémon which cannot be transferred via the restriction?
(I believe that I can do that. Step one is to check the one thing PKHeX is ignoring in Gen 8 for legality checks.) See everyone in a few hours.

In addition to values on the Pokémon on the receiving end, I imagine there are one of two things server-side (if not both occuring):

1. There is a formula for assigning Home ID's based upon how it arrived which includes a check for if it came from PoGo directly. (If this is the only check, you would have to re-assign a HOME ID to a mon direct from PoGo that you immediately delete.)
  2. The Home app uses one of the unused Bits for mons directly from PoGo which it clears when transferred to a main series game.

(On the topic of Let's Go... I caught a lots of Go Park Shinines... ALL Xor=0. It's a hard coding.)
I think GameFreak understood their plans for the Shiny Star/Square for the main series before these games completed development. 

Edited by AliceTheAlice