PKHeX new update legality errors (contribution page)

theSLAYER

NOT FOR USER MISTAKES OR TROUBLESHOOTING HELP.

Questions about legality? Post in the Pokémon Legality sub-forum instead.

Please share:
1. How you caught the mon:
Location: Is it event/wild area event/wandering/in grass/den etc
Level: Level it was met at, and perhaps how many badges you had then etc.
All Changes: Have you changed the moves, have you since evolved it, has it been trained, did you change the PID or IVs or Height or Weight or EC, etc.

2. Upload actual file PK to your post (our forums support direct uploading).

3. Version of PKHeX you're using.
image.png

All 3 needed. They're a must!
Thanks.

• theSLAYER pinned this topic
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
40 minutes ago, andrewmyles said:

The original forme Magearna, the one from Mystery Gift, is marked as hacked, suggesting the Mystery Gift data hasn't been added to the database. This is the same Magearna from the event that HAS been added. 

801-01 - Magearna - 9C7C00000000.pk8 344 B · 0 downloads

The bug with PKHeX and HOME gifts that were previously legal are known, thanks.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

All of my Gen VI Pokemon that know the move Leech Life are flagged as illegal on my Gen VII game. Leech Life is flagged as having too many PP. Leech life was 15 PP in Gen VI, and changed to 10 PP in Gen VII. 

Here is an example of a pokemon that was flagged as illegal after I traded it to Gen VII, but all Pokemon that know Leech Life were flagged.  They were all caught in the wild already knowing the move, and were transferred to Gen VII using Poke Bank untouched after being caught. I am using PKHeX 20200718:.

Edited by Skyroller

1 hour ago, Skyroller said:

All of my Gen VI Pokemon that know the move Leech Life are flagged as illegal on my Gen VII game. Leech Life is flagged as having too many PP. Leech life was 15 PP in Gen VI, and changed to 10 PP in Gen VII. 

Here is an example of a pokemon that was flagged as illegal after I traded it to Gen VII, but all Pokemon that know Leech Life were flagged.  They were all caught in the wild already knowing the move, and were transferred to Gen VII using Poke Bank untouched after being caught. I am using PKHeX 20200718:.

If the pk7 has 15 PP when it should have at most 10 PP, then it is not legal for battling online. Working as intended.

33 minutes ago, Kaphotics said:

If the pk7 has 15 PP when it should have at most 10 PP, then it is not legal for battling online. Working as intended.

Interestingly enough, I moved that Pokemon from the box to my party and the game immediately set it's PP to 10 making it legal. So long as it remains in the box, it will stay illegal but if it joins your party the game auto-fixes it. Thanks!

I downloaded the wc zarude and Celebi file from the event gallery, I injected the files with the pkhex and put it in my boxes. so that when I look at "check mystery gift" there is no record of having received the gift. this is normal? Wonder cards from the gallery were extracted from games that legitimately hosted the events?

Edited by Guilula
typo

Due to some recent releases, a lot of my Gen1 pokemon are now flaged as illegal (it wasn't the case before, they were all legal month ago).

200809014204274753.png

I noticed editing the level of a legit caught pokemon flag it as illegal.

200809014226530757.png

200809014226622273.png

And it turn back to legal if I edit his catch rate to 0.

I don't understand why they're now showing as illegal while it was not the case months ago.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, ccfman2004 said:

I got there by using the Membership Card wonder card.

You probably loaded the wonder card into the wrong game, or received it via some modified unintended way.

Whatever the case was, know that the Membership card was only distributed for Platinum.
Granted, one can find a way to hack the card into DP, but it ain't receiving it legally.
And granted, the location does exist in Diamond and Pearl, but you can't get to it legally.

There's only so many ways I can say that you cannot get to the island legally in Diamond and Pearl.
Please understand.

• 4 weeks later...

Not specific to one Pokemon, but in G1, the move legality checker seems to not account for the previous stages of the family. For example, Absorb is flagged as illegal on Vileplume, because Vileplume itself never learns it, only Oddish and Gloom. Or if you use evolution to have it learn a move early (such as Lv. 24 Sandslash with Poison Sting).

Using 20.08.07 version.

• 2 weeks later...

I came back to my game for the first time since 1.2 update went live after completing it. Having changed nothing my game now freezes on start. I can load older saves that work but I lose a fair bit of effort.
Can I ask for some help figuring out what went wrong and why my game is unplayable now? I've been attempting to remove questionable pokemon to figure out what's going on but I'm not really going anywhere. On 1.2.1 patch now, updated hoping it would fix the freezing but there's no luck.

13 minutes ago, wooteevar said:

I came back to my game for the first time since 1.2 update went live after completing it. Having changed nothing my game now freezes on start. I can load older saves that work but I lose a fair bit of effort.
Can I ask for some help figuring out what went wrong and why my game is unplayable now? I've been attempting to remove questionable pokemon to figure out what's going on but I'm not really going anywhere. On 1.2.1 patch now, updated hoping it would fix the freezing but there's no luck.

I'm assuming your save has a lot of raids activated, more than what's possible in-game?

That's definitely something I can look into! I was using the enable raid cheats from 1.2.

Thank you for the tip! I'm checking it now.

Upon inspection there appear to be 6 active in mainland and 16 active in DLC. My working save has more active raids so I think it would be a safe assumption to say that's not the issue. I've copied my box data and items from the freezing save to the working save. I can't tell if I'm missing anything aside from 4 hours off my game clock now but it seems to be working with all the mons and box changes I had made. I appreciate your assistance!

Edited by wooteevar