Pkhex usage and ban question

powerzhea85

Hello folks,

So here is the thing, i have a modded switch, with 3 nands. 1 nand is stock with mods, second is nand fully modded, 3rd is stock legit and no mods.

Now i managed to swap my cheat pokemon save file to be swapped to my 3rd nand, and im all good there. 

However i was wondering.....would it be possible....to use the 3rd nand for use with pkhex, and if so..how?
Now if possible, and i use pokehex, to only...add all the items, like masterballs, rare candy's etc, and perhaps edit some pokemon

with legal stats like 31 iv for all stats, make them battle ready legally, like for example 4 hp, 252 speed, 252 special attack, would this cause a ban, or get me flagged? 

Now if i did this on the cheating nand, i would have to put the save file from the 3rd nand to the cheating nand, make the edits, then put it back to original nand.
But i wonder if i can skip all this mojo and still do not get flagged and get banned, after all, i would not do any online pvp battles, i just stick to the story, do an occional surprise trade with non-edited

pkhex pokemon, just to fill the pokedex, and i would not do anything that could ruin the game for others in any way shape or form. 

Now if what i wish to do is possible, can it be explained how to archieve this?
Also please forgive me for any bad english, i'm english self taught

5 minutes ago, powerzhea85 said:

So here is the thing, i have a modded switch, with 3 nands. 1 nand is stock with mods, second is nand fully modded, 3rd is stock legit and no mods.

Now i managed to swap my cheat pokemon save file to be swapped to my 3rd nand, and im all good there. 

So what you're saying is, effectively you want to use PKHeX on your "stock nand"?
This should go without saying, but PKHeX is a save editor, not a nand editor.

So it's up to you whether you want to have an edited save on your "stock nand".

6 minutes ago, powerzhea85 said:

to only...add all the items, like masterballs, rare candy's etc, and perhaps edit some pokemon

with legal stats like 31 iv for all stats, make them battle ready legally, like for example 4 hp, 252 speed, 252 special attack, would this cause a ban, or get me flagged? 

No one works for GF here, so no one knows for sure.
I'll recommend you to have a "healthy amount of items", not x999 of some mons.
No reason to have 31 IVs on all stats, when you can just hyper train.
No reason for them to ban for EV split, since that is what people normally do in-game, for online competitions.

Thus far, it appears they only do Switch bans for not save editing, but rather for having CFW.
However, it is important to note that save editing (if you have anything on it that is ridiculous, for example) is one way to prove you have CFW.

It is also against our rules to use significantly hacked mons online, so don't ask about it okay :3

Thank you for the fast response.

What i am saying is this, how can i use pokehex to edit my save file, on the stock nand, to give myself some items?

I swapped the cheat nand save file, following a guide to have this cheat save file appear on my stock nand. This is pokemon shield save tho, i also have pokemon sword. 

What i care about is to just add some masterballs, some rare candies, and items to iv and ev train my pokemon. Just to annoy my baby brother in local play lmao

But how can i do this without being flagged or banned? 
Because on the cheat nand i dont have the dlc, and i dont have sword, so im curious if i can do it, without risking a ban, if i avoid any other means that could trigger a ban. 
For example having a mewto with stats that should not be possible at all. I do not want to have anything illegal, just looking for a way to enjoy the game more, and get the full experience

by well having some creative editing fun lmao

Wait a second i think i read your response better, So would i understand your correctly if i said: As long as i dont edit anything, to make it appear i have a CFW i should be fine? 
Also how i go about to create a save file to edit on the stock nand? Would that mean i have to swap save files around again from stock nand to cheat nand, and then from cheat nand back to stock nand? 
Or can i somehow archieve this, on the stock nand? 

58 minutes ago, powerzhea85 said:

how can i use pokehex to edit my save file, on the stock nand, to give myself some items?
But how can i do this without being flagged or banned? 

and as I've said, as long as your additions aren't ridiculous and remains in the realm of legal, should be fine.
Of course, we can't guarantee you won't be banned, so do whatever at your own risk.

59 minutes ago, powerzhea85 said:

Wait a second i think i read your response better, So would i understand your correctly if i said: As long as i dont edit anything, to make it appear i have a CFW i should be fine? 

That's just one prevention method.
If you go online, and your Switch transits information to the servers that shows that you could have more than 1 nand or have had CFW installed, that's not gonna help you.

1 hour ago, powerzhea85 said:

Also how i go about to create a save file to edit on the stock nand? Would that mean i have to swap save files around again from stock nand to cheat nand, and then from cheat nand back to stock nand? 

Transfer your modded save to another Switch locally (A real Nintendo process)
then transfer your save into the stock nand from the other Switch.

Supposedly the save manager on CFW may be able to backup and restore saves in the stock nand, but that is unintended, and you should not rely on that.

56 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

and as I've said, as long as your additions aren't ridiculous and remains in the realm of legal, should be fine.
Of course, we can't guarantee you won't be banned, so do whatever at your own risk.

That's just one prevention method.
If you go online, and your Switch transits information to the servers that shows that you could have more than 1 nand or have had CFW installed, that's not gonna help you.

Transfer your modded save to another Switch locally (A real Nintendo process)
then transfer your save into the stock nand from the other Switch.

Supposedly the save manager on CFW may be able to backup and restore saves in the stock nand, but that is unintended, and you should not rely on that.

Can checkpoint be used to backup a savefile from the clean stock nand, so i can edit it, then when done, use checkpoint to restore the edited file on the clean stock nand? If so, is there a guide for this somewhere, or do u know how to pull this one off? 

6 minutes ago, powerzhea85 said:

Can checkpoint be used to backup a savefile from the clean stock nand, so i can edit it, then when done, use checkpoint to restore the edited file on the clean stock nand? If so, is there a guide for this somewhere, or do u know how to pull this one off? 

Save managers are only supposed to back up the nand it is on.

So if your Checkpoint is on CFW nand, it backs up the save that is there.

3 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

Save managers are only supposed to back up the nand it is on.

So if your Checkpoint is on CFW nand, it backs up the save that is there.

Is there no way at all, to have checkpoint be able to backup a save file from the cleannand, restore it on modded nand, edit it, then restore it back on the clean nand? (even tho checkpoint is not on the clean nand?) I noticed you are saying: Only supposed too....which makes me wonder it might be possible what i asked....

Hmmm, so far it seems to happen by chance.
I won't really recommend it, cause it easy to users to replace the wrong nand, or corrupt it, or accidentally go online etc.
Many things can go wrong if said individuals don't pay attention when they're in the process of doing whatever.

Set up EMUnand using the stock nand, then boot into CFW EMUnand.
(This process should link the profiles up, cause theoretically you used the stock nand's profile to create the EMUnand)
Then backup the save as usual (keep a safe backup), and restore the edited as per usual.

Do note that the SYSnand and EMUnand profiles can unlink at any time. If so, you gotta redo the EMUnand process.

Note: To use EMUnand, you must have sufficient SD space.

4 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

Hmmm, so far it seems to happen by chance.
I won't really recommend it, cause it easy to users to replace the wrong nand, or corrupt it, or accidentally go online etc.
Many things can go wrong if said individuals don't pay attention when they're in the process of doing whatever.

Set up EMUnand using the stock nand, then boot into CFW EMUnand.
(This process should link the profiles up, cause theoretically you used the stock nand's profile to create the EMUnand)
Then backup the save as usual (keep a safe backup), and restore the edited as per usual.

Do note that the SYSnand and EMUnand profiles can unlink at any time. If so, you gotta redo the EMUnand process.

Note: To use EMUnand, you must have sufficient SD space.

The guide i followed to set up my modded switch, that video got deleted by youtube. But this guide basically made me have 3 nands. The sysnand with cfw, modded nand, and the sysnand without cfw.
My SD card is 128GB, exfat. 

So just to make sure i understand you correctly, and please forgive me for this, but i just wanna make sure i dont make any mistakes.
First i need to check somehow if my sysnand uses the same save file as my clean sysnand, if so, and it is linked, then i log into the sysnand with CFW (i take it, in flightmode?)
Then back up, edit, restore, and this should then when i log into the clean nand, have the edited save file, from the sysnand with CFW? 

14 minutes ago, powerzhea85 said:

First i need to check somehow if my sysnand uses the same save file as my clean sysnand,

Is your "stock nand" not your SYSnand? How are they different otherwise? :/

They should be, then if it is, just use that nand to setup EMUnand.

14 minutes ago, powerzhea85 said:

Then back up, edit, restore, and this should then when i log into the clean nand, have the edited save file, from the sysnand with CFW? 

I'm confused by this line.

I'm gonna try to be clear:
Do your exporting/importing WHATEVER on CFW - EMUnand.
Then hopefully, all the changes will be retained on your OFW - SYSnand.

I feel as though this is as clear as it gets. If you're having issues would this, then I suggest for you to give it up. :(

10 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

Is your "stock nand" not your SYSnand? How are they different otherwise? :/

Then, just use that nand to setup EMUnand.

I'm confused by the line.

I'm gonna try to be clear:
Do your exporting/importing WHATEVER on CFW - EMUnand.
Then hopefully, all the changes will be retained on your OFW - SYSnand.

I feel as though this is as clear as it gets. If you're having issues would this, then I suggest for you to give it up. :(

I was able to go on sysnand with cfw, backup save, edit, restore, then reboot into clean sysnand, and the edited save file was there. The clean nand and sysnand with cfw are linked, but all i did was back up and restore a save file while being offline, so hopefully this will not get me banned, if it does get me banned, i learned my lesson, and i need to buy 2 old switches, and then just do transfer save file thing. Thanks for your amazing help ! 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Not sure if this post is still active.

My switch is not hacked at all at the moment and I am planning on hacking it. 90% of my pokemons stored on Pokemon HOME are genned via PKHEX and transfered from Pokemon Bank on 3ds. They all have reasonable and legal stats that can pass the HOME legality check. (Some of them even have the illegal mark on PKHEX but when they could still be transfered to Bank then HOME) I also have a lot of items of which the quantity is x999. I am still playing online regularly and not banned for having such save and it's been over a year since I use this save.

I obtained those items from a hacked max raid den opened by someone. I guess the one who opened this kind of den must have a hacked switch and ran the legit game on a sysnand with CFW (something like your first nand). These people opened hacked dens for other players paying them and they never got banned. (What I guess is that if they got banned easily by doing so, they wouldn't run such business as buying a new switch will cost more money than what they earn.) The den also gave me an "egg" which allows me to duplicate any pokemons in sword/shield using a bug with the breeder.

I am also quite confused about what an"altered save file" is. If mine is the case, I should get banned cause the hacked den and the buggy "egg" are something definitely out of the legal environment of the game. I even had a crash when launching Pokemon HOME with the "egg" in one of my pokemon boxes. (I had to leave the "egg" to breeder so it won't be in my pokemon boxes.)

If such save can survival, I don't think using PKHEX to edit save would result in a ban. The most important thing that you might need to pay attention is the process of extracting the save from the stock nand using some CFW tools like checkpoint and JKSV because this is a violation of the Nintendo rules.

20 hours ago, Jean-Charles said:

they never got banned.

Very few of them got banned, mostly for hosting raids of unobtainable species. This happened after the Zeraora raid event last year, when we suppose they added some Raid telemetry.

The den also gave me an "egg" which allows me to duplicate any pokemons in sword/shield using a bug with the breeder.

I suggest to get rid of any glitchmon, they can be detected by HOME and cause issues. In the past HOME would crash by detecting it. Now the application should work regularly, but GF/TPCi can still ban you, if they decide to.

If such save can survival, I don't think using PKHEX to edit save would result in a ban.

As of now there are no known bans for altering a SwSh/LGPE save files with PKHeX.

Still, they can ban if they want to. We know the telemetry is there. 

In the past generations there were bans reports for save files with unobtainable editings, hence the suggestion to only do legal editings.

The most important thing that you might need to pay attention is the process of extracting the save from the stock nand using some CFW tools like checkpoint and JKSV because this is a violation of the Nintendo rules.

Until now, no ban has been ascertained for the use of these tools.

Bans mostly happens for checks within the games server. If playing online, never use someone else savefile that has been online at least once, never use unobtainable character/items/things, only do legal edits. This applies to any game.

• Like 1
  • Ditto 1