Team Building Guide

chartreuse_LJC

To begin, I would like to emphasize all of the seventeen Pokémon types in the game. They are the Normal-, Fire-, Water-, Grass-, Electric-, Ice-, Fighting-, Poison-, Ground-, Flying-, Psychic-, Bug-, Rock-, Ghost-, Dragon-, Dark- and Steel-type. Each type has its own advantages and weaknesses. Well, I've been playing Pokémon RPG for almost 6 years already. Building a team, "my way" is quite hard and takes a lot of effort for this works strategically. From Pokémon Yellow all the way up to Pokémon Platinum, I've established many great teams that could outwit all the Pokémon types. At this time, my team Pokémons are: Weavile, Lucario, Swellow, Arcanine, Milotic and Tyranitar. I will use my team as an example on how I create teams. To make things easy, let's refer on the chart.

Type -------> Effectiveness

Normal-----> x1

Fire-------> x5

Water------> x1

Grass------> x5

Electric---> x5

Ice--------> x3

Fighting---> x3

Poison-----> x5

Ground-----> x2

Flying-----> x3

Psychic----> x4

Bug--------> x4

Rock-------> x6

Ghost------> x4

Dragon-----> x3

Dark-------> x1

Steel------> x6

For my Weavile, I have the moveset: Dark Pulse, Psychic, Ice Beam and Earthquake. This enables my Weavile to outwit Fire-, Grass-, Electric-, Fighting-, Poison-, Flying-, Psychic-, Rock-, Ghost-, Dragon- and Steel-type Pokémons. Weavile is immune to Psychic-type moves.

For Lucario, I have the moveset: Aura Sphere, Dark Pulse, Earthquake, and Flash Cannon. This enables my Lucario to outwit Normal-, Fire-, Electric-, Ice-, Poison-, Psychic-, Rock-, Ghost-, Dark- and Steel-type Pokémons. Lucario is immune to Poison-type moves.

For Swellow, I have the moveset: Aeroblast, Fly, Air Slash and Earthquake. This enables my Swellow to outwit Fire-, Grass-, Electric-, Fighting-, Poison-, Bug-, Rock- and Steel-type Pokémons. Swellow is immune to Ground- and Ghost-type moves.

For Arcanine, I have the moveset: Magma Storm, Crunch, Power Whip and Flamethrower. This enables my Arcanine to outwit Water-, Grass-, Ice-, Ground-, Psychic-, Bug-, Rock-, Ghost- and Steel-type Pokémons.

For Milotic, I have the moveset: Air Slash, Surf, Ice Beam and Earthquake. This enables my Milotic to outwit Fire-, Grass-, Electric-, Fighting-, Poison-, Ground-, Flying-, Bug-, Rock-, Dragon- and Steel-type Pokémons.

For Tyranitar, I have the moveset: Rock Slide, Crunch, Earthquake and Dragon Pulse. This enables my Tyranitar to outwit Fire-, Electric-, Ice-, Poison-, Flying-, Psychic-, Rock-, Ghost-, Dragon- and Steel-type Pokémons. Tyranitar is immune to Psychic-type moves.

Well, there it goes... I hope that you get the point on how I make good teams. I have made a bunch of teams and I would be happy to share it with you guys. I can supply them to you by either giving you the .pkm files or by using an ARDS code. This guide emphasizes only one aim and that is to outwit all Pokémon types by just 6 Pokémon. Send me a message or a post if you have any comments... Thanks!!! God bless ProjectPokémon!!!

Edited by Greencat
To fix the guide to be effective...

Um... I'm confused. That set right there, the team you just posted is like, super weak to Zapdos. Rather than focusing on the types certain Pokemon are good against, you need to focus on the current metagame and what Pokemon pose the largest threat.

Your Weavile for some reason is using SPECIAL moves which are based off of Weavile's HORRIBLE special attack Stat. Lucario's moves are all over the place, Swellow can't even LEARN Aeroblast and Earthquake. Arcanine can't learn Power Whip or Magma Storm. Milotic can't learn Air Slash or Earthquake. T-tar is nothing without Dragon Dance or a proper Item.

You're giving new people a HORRIBLE guide. Half the stuff you have are obvious hacks! You seriously need to delete this.

I agree. This is a complete crap guide and although I wouldn't say Zapdos would completely destroy it, but it would come close.

Its not just type trumping. That team has no strategy. You need to consider a real strategy that has pokemon that aren't just shit hacks and work together to form a greater strategy. I could make a team like yours in about 10 seconds in any tiered environment and it would be absolutely destroyed on shoddy.

Go to smogon's shoddy server and try using a team like that. Watch it get owned. Someone please delete this.

I would say that at least he had a list of types for people to look at. I mean although you can find one in game at least the guide had something useful. I hate to say it, but I somewhat agree with the three posts above mine. Creating a team is not all about covering up type strengths and weaknesses. Although I would say it is an important component it is not everything. It is important to have a balanced team with pokemon whose moves back up their stats. Plus, you did not even mention what those pokemon's roles were for. All you did was post your team and their move set really. You should include:

~a list of types and their basic strengths and weaknesses

~roles for pokemon in building a team and give examples

~EV training, mention it, it is a huge factor in building a team

~A list of natures! These are huge when training your pokemon for a certain role

~A bit on breeding would not hurt either, with breeding it is easier to get the nature and moveset you want using previously trained pokemon

~egg moves

~move tutor

~your team and how it stacks up with its strengths and maybe weaknesses

~some pokemon suggestions and why

~plus discourage hacking if you are going into the field of competitive battling

A guide should mention these things so that you can properly inform noobs (no offense to noobs we all once were one) on how to create a team.

Plus! you should not defeat this guide. It is a proper way of how not to do it! Plus, with these comments someone else can build a guide and build it right!

No offense intended chartreuse_LJC

You could build a better one