Met date when trade between gen4 and gen5

LieboOSBA

I noticed that when I do the Pokemon transfer lab feature in Black to trade over Pokemon from Pearl, the met date changes to the trade over date. 

If I mirror the same in PKHeX, the met date too changes. 

is there any detriment to changing this date back to the original met date? I’ve got some event Pokémon in Pearl and Soul Silver that is like to keep the original dates I got them. This can be replicated on physical devices by changing the console date. 

what is the legality of the dates being changed as I think some of the dates will predate the realest date of Black. My goal is to get my Gen 4 pokes in to Home via Bank. My Soul Silver cart has all my FireRed and Ruby transfers in it too. 

thanks for reading. 

The met date can be set to virtually anything, as it uses the date on the device doing the transfer. In theory, you could change your 3DS/DS date to any date, and the transfer would pick it up.

For that reason, I would think it's very unlikely to be taken into consideration when doing legality checks, but I don't know for certain.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, umbreon86 said:

The met date can be set to virtually anything, as it uses the date on the device doing the transfer. In theory, you could change your 3DS/DS date to any date, and the transfer would pick it up.

For that reason, I would think it's very unlikely to be taken into consideration when doing legality checks, but I don't know for certain.

Given that it follows the DS date, and the date can be set to be virtually anything, it does not matter.