Sign in to follow this  
Foxhax

I have an idea for a PKHeX update!

Posted (edited)

I have an idea for a PKHeX update! Using the R4i save dongle, PKHeX edits data on the game as if it were a USB device. It targets the save file found in the connected game card then edits it. This would not require a save editor or Homebrew, or would not have anything to do with the Save Dongle Software. Sadly, this would not work for people who have digital copies.

I know many have wondered if this worked, and I am aware that that people have asked in and out of Project Pokemon forums. I am primarily posting this to ask a PKHeX Developer to consider putting this feature in their software.

Edit: I forgot to mention that in some way or another the 3DS files would be decrypted.

Edited by Foxhax
Clarity

Extracting and importing save data is outside the scope of PKHeX.

PKHeX edits save data that you provide it.

3DS/Switch save files are encrypted, and cannot be ripped in their decrypted state by using a R4i save dongle. It is recommended to use other alternatives, like homebrew, instead of buying unnecessary hardware that won't be able to do what you think it can do.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Kaphotics said:

Extracting and importing save data is outside the scope of PKHeX.

PKHeX edits save data that you provide it.

3DS/Switch save files are encrypted, and cannot be ripped in their decrypted state by using a R4i save dongle. It is recommended to use other alternatives, like homebrew, instead of buying unnecessary hardware that won't be able to do what you think it can do.

I never said I bought anything, and I know what it can an cannot do. It was just an idea, anyway.