Sign in to follow this  
met97

USUM Citra transfer to Switch

Hello guys,

i started my new Ultra Sun game on Citra.

Considering i am finally re-enjoying playing Pokemon, I was looking forward to buy a Switch with Sword/Shield. So, I was also wondering:

Will there be a way to transfer my favorite pokemons on Ultra Sun from Citra, to the legit Sword/Shield on Switch? Or they will be completely lost?

Thanks for answers!!

29 minutes ago, met97 said:

Hello guys,

i started my new Ultra Sun game on Citra.

Considering i am finally re-enjoying playing Pokemon, I was looking forward to buy a Switch with Sword/Shield. So, I was also wondering:

Will there be a way to transfer my favorite pokemons on Ultra Sun from Citra, to the legit Sword/Shield on Switch? Or they will be completely lost?

Thanks for answers!!

There are 2 ways to transfer those Pokémon.

1) Get a Switch and hack the Switch so you can get the save file for Sword or Shield. Then add them via PKHeX.

2) Get a 3DS and hack it or find someone with a hacked 3DS.  Put the save onto a real copy of the game, put them into Pokémon Bank, get a Pokémon HOME premium subscription, and then transfer them to HOME.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
55 minutes ago, Poke J said:

There are 2 ways to transfer those Pokémon.

1) Get a Switch and hack the Switch so you can get the save file for Sword or Shield. Then add them via PKHeX.

2) Get a 3DS and hack it or find someone with a hacked 3DS.  Put the save onto a real copy of the game, put them into Pokémon Bank, get a Pokémon HOME premium subscription, and then transfer them to HOME.

I see.. So the only way is get a console hacked, right?

I've read hacking a switch is not so easy, maybe is better getting a used 3DS and hack it, what do you think?

Edit: shall it work with a 2DS too?

Edited by met97

2 minutes ago, met97 said:

I see.. So the only way is get a console hacked, right?

I've read hacking a switch is not so easy

well, the guide for it may be a bit wordy, but considering the early days of 3DS hacking,
as long as you have a hackable Switch, I think hacking the Switch is easier.

3 minutes ago, met97 said:

maybe is better getting a used 3DS and hack it, what do you think?

yes any 3DS or 2DS can be hacked right now.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, met97 said:

I've read hacking a switch is not so easy, maybe is better getting a used 3DS and hack it, what do you think?

In my opinion 3DS or 2DS is the best route since you can send all Pokémon to HOME and store them until they are available in game.  This is compared to the Switch option where you can only send Pokémon the are available in Sword and Shield.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

Thanks for the advice.

I’m going to buy a 2DS XL, cause it’s quite cheap and it works for my purpose.

I found a guide online to hack it (I don’t know if I can link it here); how do I know if this hack is good to use PKHex?

Are there different kinds of hack or it’s just that so the one I found should be good to go?

EDIT: nevertheless, it shouldn’t even be necessary to use PKHex, as the only thing I need to do is to copy my Citra save file to my 2DS. Is this right?

Edited by met97

Every guides up to date will let you install Luma 3DS and HBL on your 3ds. I suggest you this guide, always up to date and compatible with every firmware: https://3ds.hacks.guide/

With Luma and HBL you can easily launch any Save Manager and backup / restore your Pokemon save game file 

• Like 1

On 6/2/2020 at 2:53 AM, SkyLink24 said:

Every guides up to date will let you install Luma 3DS and HBL on your 3ds. I suggest you this guide, always up to date and compatible with every firmware: https://3ds.hacks.guide/

With Luma and HBL you can easily launch any Save Manager and backup / restore your Pokemon save game file 

Hey there guys, a little update.

I just got a 2DS XL! I successfully modded it, and I've been able to transfer my citra save file to the console :D

Now one last doubt:

in my Citra save, i had some pokemons made with PKHeX, but all "legal". (image attached)

Now in my 2DS save are still signed as "legal" by PKHeX, but can I transfer my Mons to the Pokemon Bank without risking any ban? They will be legit also when I will take them to Sword/Shield on a Switch?

The pokemons created with PKHeX are Dusk Lycanroc and an Ash Greninja.

Thanks for any answer to this!

Annotazione 2020-06-04 203643.png

If PkHex marks the mons as Legal, you can safely transfer them to Bank, Home and SwSh.

Pokémon you caught in the game are legit, while mons you edited or generated in PkHex are Legal (if generetaed with legal criteria). They are only definition though, indistinguishable in the actual game. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, SkyLink24 said:

If PkHex marks the mons as Legal, you can safely transfer them to Bank, Home and SwSh.

Pokémon you caught in the game are legit, while mons you edited or generated in PkHex are Legal (if generetaed with legal criteria). They are only definition though, indistinguishable in the actual game. 

Understood, thanks for explanation!

Edited by met97