Question about .wc8 files

Kristian094

Hello everyone, saw that we can download .wc8 files nowadays; my question was, how would we inject these into our saves? By dragging the .wc8 files directly into our BOXes? Or is there a different function in PKHeX that allows us to inject .wc8 files in a different (and maybe more legit (?)) way?

Thanks in advance

EDIT: After checking the injected .wc8 files directly into the BOXes, each event Ponyta has 0 stats, I'm guessing this is not the right way of injecting :0

Edited by Kristian094

22 minutes ago, Kristian094 said:

Hello everyone, saw that we can download .wc8 files nowadays; my question was, how would we inject these into our saves? By dragging the .wc8 files directly into our BOXes? Or is there a different function in PKHeX that allows us to inject .wc8 files in a different (and maybe more legit (?)) way?

Thanks in advance

EDIT: After checking the injected .wc8 files directly into the BOXes, each event Ponyta has 0 stats, I'm guessing this is not the right way of injecting :0

wc8 cannot be injected as Mystery Gifts, but yes, they cna be injected as PK8.

Tho, it is odd that every stat is 0. Tho I have yet to be able to replicate your issue.

I dragged directly into the PC, and it is fine.
image.png

(Ignore the illegal flag; it's appears illegal cause PKHeX hasn't updated as of writing, to handle this gift)

In any case, make sure you're using the latest PKHeX.

18 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

wc8 cannot be injected as Mystery Gifts, but yes, they cna be injected as PK8.

Tho, it is odd that every stat is 0. Tho I have yet to be able to replicate your issue.

I dragged directly into the PC, and it is fine.
image.png

(Ignore the illegal flag; it's appears illegal cause PKHeX hasn't updated as of writing, to handle this gift)

In any case, make sure you're using the latest PKHeX.

I'm using the latest version of PKHeX, tried switching between games/saves but the Pokémon still shows up with 0 in every stat. I'll try with Mr. Mime or Gmax Meowth to see if it will have the same issue (Would be nice to know if it's only my issue or if you/other people also have the same issue as mine).

2 minutes ago, Kristian094 said:

I'm using the latest version of PKHeX, tried switching between games/saves but the Pokémon still shows up with 0 in every stat. I'll try with Mr. Mime or Gmax Meowth to see if it will have the same issue (Would be nice to know if it's only my issue or if you/other people also have the same issue as mine).

What if you drag the event to the left of PKHeX?

On 5/29/2020 at 5:12 PM, theSLAYER said:

Though this is just a temporary solution.

Dragging to the PC shouldn't cause that problem. I'm curious to hear if anyone else has a problem too.

I just tried dragging wc8 file directly to PC and everything was ok.

• Like 1