Can't find 3ds file In JKMS

V_Benn_V

17 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

You don't get a "3ds" file. You get a "main" file.

I was already using this tutorial. In the tutorial, it says "Download JKSM.zip and copy the 3ds folder to the root of your 3DS's SD Card.", you might want to update that or something? Idk i'm still very new to this stuff

Edited by V_Benn_V

1 minute ago, V_Benn_V said:

In the tutorial, it says "Download JKSM.zip and copy the 3ds folder to the root of your 3DS's SD Card.", you might want to update that or something? Idk i'm still very new to this stuff

Why update it? It's telling you to use the homebrew version.
How to use the homebrew version, is to place it in a folder with the name "3ds".
What's wrong with it?

1 minute ago, theSLAYER said:

Why update it? It's telling you to use the homebrew version.
How to use the homebrew version, is to place it in a folder with the name "3ds".
What's wrong with it?

Like I said I am very new to this, please cut me some slack. It sounds like they are implying there is a 3ds file in the JKSM file. This part of the tutorial doesn't make any sense to me. I believe the correct grammer would be copy the JKMS file to a 3ds file in your 3DS's SD card. or something like that. Also, do I copy it into the existing 3ds file or do I make another one?

13 minutes ago, V_Benn_V said:

Like I said I am very new to this, please cut me some slack

Oh trust me, I am cutting you some slack :3

My issue isn't with you being new, my issue is the questionable amount of technical comprehension.

It sounds like they are implying there is a 3ds file in the JKSM file

25 minutes ago, V_Benn_V said:

copy the 3ds folder to the root of your 3DS's SD Card

"the 3ds folder"

It says folder, not file. Wasn't implying stuff. If you did the download, you would have seen the 3DS folder :/

edit: It looks like their present version only has a 3dsx file, no folder.
Which in that case, you will create a 3ds folder (if it doesn't exist), then place the .3dsx inside.

This part of the tutorial doesn't make any sense to me. I believe the correct grammer would be copy the JKMS file to a 3ds file in your 3DS's SD card.

No, you literally copy the 3ds folder in the zip.
The reason it's phrased like this is:
a) Not everyone has a 3ds folder (cause not everyone uses homebrew prior to this)
This step ensures that the 3ds folder exists
b) In the event that a user HAS a 3ds folder, the folder would merely merge.

edit: read my edit above.

Also, do I copy it into the existing 3ds file or do I make another one?

Once again, why do you insist on saying 3ds file.
You mean 3ds folder? You mean 3dsx file? Which is it.

sorry i'm so dumb. I'm just trying to figure this stuff out. I'm new to computers in general too. 

33 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

"the 3ds folder"

It says folder, not file. Wasn't implying stuff. If you did the download, you would have seen the 3DS folder :/

I did download the zip. If I didn't, then i wouldn't be asking for help. There is no 3ds folder i can find. Only this3dsx.h . 

Once again, why do you insist on saying 3ds file.
You mean 3ds folder? You mean 3dsx file? Which is it.

Sorry you're right. As I said above I am just really uneducated. I meant 3ds folder. 

edit: It looks like their present version only has a 3dsx file, no folder.
Which in that case, you will create a 3ds folder (if it doesn't exist), then place the .3dsx inside.

I thought it was some kind of change and that's why i was saying it should be updated. Anyways, I put the .3dsx inside, and I got nothing when i opened my homebrew and looked in it. 

Thanks for the help. I can tell it's frustrating working with me so again sorry :/

Edited by V_Benn_V

2 minutes ago, V_Benn_V said:

I can tell it's frustrating working with me so again sorry

Nah it's not. Just make sure you're referring to filenames or extensions correctly, else that'll cause confusion.

3 minutes ago, V_Benn_V said:

I thought it was some kind of change and that's why i was saying it should be updated.

I wasn't the one who made the tutorial but I guess it has to be, since the 3ds folder no longer exists in a zip. Ah welps, I'll change it in a bit

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

I wasn't the one who made the tutorial but I guess it has to be, since the 3ds folder no longer exists in a zip. Ah welps, I'll change it in a bit

OK thanks. I still need some help though. The cia file  I downloaded did not change anything when i opened my homebrew and looked for it. And the 2 3dsx files   do not change anything either. It would be great if you could help me out with this. Also thanks for changing the tutorial too. 

3 minutes ago, V_Benn_V said:

OK thanks. I still need some help though. The cia file  I downloaded did not change anything when i opened my homebrew and looked for it. And the 2 3dsx files   do not change anything either. It would be great if you could help me out with this. Also thanks for changing the tutorial too. 

The files you linked aren't for the .3dsx version. The .3dsx is an extension. Don't know why you are looking at other files. Just download this, and follow the homebrew steps.

4 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

Either use the .3dsx version or the .cia version.
Also the files you linked aren't for the .3dsx version. The .3dsx is an extension. Don't know why you looking at other files. Just download this, and follow the homebrew steps.

When I try to go into reload titles, it just says loading NAND titles... and then goes back to the screen. So i tried skipping that step and when I press on pokemon ultra sun and then save data it just has an error screen :/ .

1 minute ago, V_Benn_V said:

just JKSM

that sounds like the titles are being reloaded.
From my experience, reloading/refreshing titles should throw you back to the main JKSM screen.

After that, the title should appear, then export the save from the title.

If it does show an error screen at this point: does that game have a save file? It shouldn't throw you an error screen if you have a save file.
What's the error on the error screen?

23 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

If it does show an error screen at this point: does that game have a save file? It shouldn't throw you an error screen if you have a save file.
What's the error on the error screen?

The error screen says "The archive could not be opened.0xE0E046BE Error:

Also I have played through the whole game so it has a save

Edited by V_Benn_V