Help with understanding and creating "legal" pokemon

ForTheWin00

Okay, so my main goal is to finally have a complete living national dex in pokemon home. I've bought a 3ds and plan on playing the games legitly in order to catch what I need for the dex. But it's come to my understanding that there are pokemon that cannot be caught anymore (I.E the mythicals and some legendaries) so with this being said I decided to look into PkHex and create those pokemon that I need to help complete this dex. 

I downloaded the ORAS save (as I play on AS) from one of the downloads on this site that includes all 721 pokemon (before gen 8, as I have sword) and I used that save for the OT and TID for these pokemon the OT on that save is Pporg. My question is, is it just as simple as dragging those mons into my game save and they're perfectly legal? In AS they show the my name as the current OT and shows Pporg as the original OT. But does that make these perfectly legal? I don't plan to use them much on online play but in the event I want to use them on online raids in SwSh or possibly comp play in the future will these be okay after being transferred to bank, then to home, then to Sword?

From what I understand after they go through home then sword they are basically sort of clean, provided the stats aren't all wonky and obviously hacked. I have tested the Wonder card thing and got a mew that I put into my sword game this way and the OT says GF (im assuming means "gift")

My other question is I loaded the save from that I downloaded here and went to the encounter database to get a ditto to make my own 6iv ditto and that way it would show pporg as the OT and shows that it was caught in Omega ruby at mirage cave. This ditto showed as completely legal so i went along with it. I made it shiny as well as gave it Pokerus. I decided to make one of each nature and just used the same ditto i found from the encounter, making its IV's perfect and just changing the Nature of each one, thus creating 25 Dittos. I put them into bank and then to my sword. So on Sword they say OT; Pporg and the met data says something along the lines of that they traveled far from Hoenn. are these dittos safe to use for breeding in Sword? I wanted to make all the dittos Japan and I even changed the region on PkHex but thought that would cause legal issues, even though the legality check found no issues. But with the TID of Pporg i thought something would catch if he/she had Japan mons that were encountered in Japan as well as France (the Original region) Also France didnt seem to translate to the Dittos, and I just noticed on my Sword that none of them are France Region. 

I'm still not 100% certain how changing IV values work as I tried taking the Groudon from that save file and whenever I changed IV's I got a PID error so I just left it alone. 

Sorry for the book, but just trying to create legal mons for breeding as well as the mythicals I can no longer get anymore due to events being over and such. 

Edited by ForTheWin00

23 minutes ago, ForTheWin00 said:

But it's come to my understanding that there are pokemon that cannot be caught anymore (I.E the mythicals and some legendaries) so with this being said I decided to look into PkHex and create those pokemon that I need to help complete this dex. 

Depending on which combination of games you own, every legendary (non-mythical) is still available for capture.

At the first place, Mythicals aren't exactly available for capture (they did include some exceptions, like Celebi for VC Crystal and Deoxys for ORAS),  but in any case just injecting the events should be enough.
You came to the right place.

one of the downloads on this site that includes all 721 pokemon (before gen 8, as I have sword) and I used that save for the OT and TID for these pokemon the OT on that save is Pporg. My question is, is it just as simple as dragging those mons into my game save and they're perfectly legal? In AS they show the my name as the current OT and shows Pporg as the original OT. But does that make these perfectly legal? I don't plan to use them much on online play but in the event I want to use them on online raids in SwSh or possibly comp play in the future will these be okay after being transferred to bank, then to home, then to Sword?

While they are perfectly legal, it definitely is suspicious and shows the roots of hacking, that most non-event entries have PPorg as OT.

If you focus is only on Mythicals (and you'll catch the legendaries yourself), you could just drag the mons over.
Most Mythicals there are event Pokémon, so their OT are as per the event.

But with the TID of Pporg i thought something would catch if he/she had Japan mons that were encountered in Japan as well as France (the Original region) Also France didnt seem to translate to the Dittos, and I just noticed on my Sword that none of them are France Region. 

Region is not the same thing as Language caught in.
The names and language tag, is based on language, not region.
image.png

I'm still not 100% certain how changing IV values work as I tried taking the Groudon from that save file and whenever I changed IV's I got a PID error so I just left it alone. 

Pokémon caught in Gen 3 and Gen 4 games have the PID, IVs, gender, ability, encounter slot etc all tied to how the RNG subroutine calls for them. In other words they're all related, and it is well documented.

As such, you cannot willy nilly change them.
(Besides with Hyper Training, is there any real reason to changes IVs?)

If you ever wanna change them, read this:
https://projectpokemon.org/tutorials/save-editing/using-pkhex/gen-3-4-only-solving-pid-mismatch-r31/

but just trying to create legal mons for breeding as well as the mythicals I can no longer get anymore due to events being over and such. 

Well most Mythicals are event mon, and if you wanna make them, just drag the Wonder card into the left side of PKHeX.
Note that you may want to change the region and sub region to the original region the event was released in.

Since that is something not indicated in the wonder card, you may wanna check some detail on it.
You could start by understanding how these events worked in Gen 6 and 7
https://projectpokemon.org/home/forums/topic/40444-a-collectors-guide-to-wc6-wc7-language-and-region-mayhem/

While they are perfectly legal, it definitely is suspicious and shows the roots of hacking, that most non-event entries have PPorg as OT.

So would you say that having the dittos all with the same OT wouldnt be a good idea? and that I should release them from my Sword game? I guess that was kind of not needed as I could just grab the parent pokemon and use their nature when breeding with the ditto so only 1 or 2 dittos would technically be needed. 

As far as wondercards, are they something I can just download from here? not entirely sure how they work exactly. I did find after clicky SAV and then Mystery Gift I could inject Event mons that way and then receive them from the lady in the Pc Center. Is this the correct way? Its the way I got my Mew. as well as I had a Darkrai that I eventually released because I was nervous lol.

Thanks for all your help and quick response!

16 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

Well most Mythicals are event mon, and if you wanna make them, just drag the Wonder card into the left side of PKHeX.
Note that you may want to change the region and sub region to the original region the event was released in.

Since that is something not indicated in the wonder card, you may wanna check some detail on it.
You could start by understanding how these events worked in Gen 6 and 7
https://projectpokemon.org/home/forums/topic/40444-a-collectors-guide-to-wc6-wc7-language-and-region-mayhem/

So I checked that link about regions and what not, and found on the download link for the events with the table that shows which regions can allow which events (https://projectpokemon.org/home/files/category/6-generation-7-3ds/). This may be a stupid question, but I'm in Us and my game language is ENG. If the pokemon in question is only say Japan, does that mean I cant put it in my game or I can, but I have to change the language or region on the pokmeon in PkHeX to show it was obtained in Japan with JPN the language?

And with Wonder cards theres no need to worry about OT and TID and stuff correct?

Just now, ForTheWin00 said:

but I'm in Us and my game language is ENG. If the pokemon in question is only say Japan, does that mean I cant put it in my game or I can, but I have to change the language or region on the pokmeon in PkHeX to show it was obtained in Japan with JPN the language?

In this case, your game's language doesn't apply. It's all about Region.
If you're referring to a Region locked even, just change that mon's region.

That mon's language can be anything, because people in other regions (like Japan for example) could have selected a different language before the started playing.

2 minutes ago, ForTheWin00 said:

And with Wonder cards theres no need to worry about OT and TID and stuff correct?

If the wonder card sets OT TID SID, then you won't have to.

2 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

In this case, your game's language doesn't apply. It's all about Region.
If you're referring to a Region locked even, just change that mon's region.

That mon's language can be anything, because people in other regions (like Japan for example) could have selected a different language before the started playing.

If the wonder card sets OT TID SID, then you won't have to.

Awesome. I found this (https://projectpokemon.org/home/files/category/34-english/) All of these would be fine in my game or no? Or would i need to change any of the regions/languages? Really sorry if this was already answered. Just a little fuzzy on the whole thing.

13 minutes ago, ForTheWin00 said:

Awesome. I found this (https://projectpokemon.org/home/files/category/34-english/) All of these would be fine in my game or no? Or would i need to change any of the regions/languages? Really sorry if this was already answered. Just a little fuzzy on the whole thing.

Whether or not a mon is region locked, depends on how it's distributed.

So for example:
image.png

This entry says it's for JP devices. So you gotta check each entry.

6 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

Whether or not a mon is region locked, depends on how it's distributed.

So for example:
image.png

This entry says it's for JP devices. So you gotta check each entry.

Okay that makes sense. So for the kangaskhan I wouldnt be able to put in my game since my region is Us and Language is ENG. Or could I drag it onto the left side of PkHeX and edit its region then save again and then implement it into Mystery gift? 

And For this Hoopa, Since it says English Via US and JP units, I would technically be okay?

image.thumb.png.8e614a7a27dc14d68bd3f3ddd1e02378.png

2 hours ago, ForTheWin00 said:

Okay that makes sense. So for the kangaskhan I wouldnt be able to put in my game since my region is Us and Language is ENG. Or could I drag it onto the left side of PkHeX and edit its region then save again and then implement it into Mystery gift? 

And For this Hoopa, Since it says English Via US and JP units, I would technically be okay?

image.thumb.png.8e614a7a27dc14d68bd3f3ddd1e02378.png

image.png

Just change the region to those matching the distribution.

1 minute ago, theSLAYER said:

You know the image I sent earlier, with the arrow point to region?

Just change the region to those matching the distribution.

Oh bet! I went ahead and got all the US wondercards I found under Gen 6, but if theres anything I missed that was region locked, i'll be sure to change the region, but keep the language ENG. Another question I literally just thought of before you responded, how does one get any mythicals that dont show up on gen 6 wondercards? or are there any?

Also I created myself 3 Dittos using my trainer ID instead of Pporg and used the wild encounter, and instead of making one of each nature I made three. I realized I can get natures from the other pokemon through trading with others and thus not needing a ditto for each one. It sounded like a cool idea but wasnt practical lol. I made the language on them Jpn but left the region US. was that okay? (these  are only for breeding purposes and will never be used online)

20 minutes ago, ForTheWin00 said:

Another question I literally just thought of before you responded, how does one get any mythicals that dont show up on gen 6 wondercards? or are there any?

Doesn't have be gen 6 events. Any event can be dragged to the left of PKHeX. And PKHeX emulates the transfer up process.

22 minutes ago, ForTheWin00 said:

I made the language on them Jpn but left the region US. was that okay?

As I said, doesn't matter what region 3DS you have. Starting with Gen 6, when you start the game you can choose what language to play as.

1 hour ago, theSLAYER said:

Doesn't have be gen 6 events. Any event can be dragged to the left of PKHeX. And PKHeX emulates the transfer up process.

As I said, doesn't matter what region 3DS you have. Starting with Gen 6, when you start the game you can choose what language to play as.

Awesome thank you very much for all your help and putting up with my stupid questions. I think i know what you mean by the transfer up process. I wouldnt have to change anything on the mon correct? just drag to the left then right click and set into my game? or do i need to change the met data or anything? 

Just now, ForTheWin00 said:

I wouldnt have to change anything on the mon correct? just drag to the left then right click and set into my game? or do i need to change the met data or anything? 

Pre gen 6 entries, no. PKHeX emulates the transfer process, as I've already said.

As for stuff caught in Gen 6 and above, just keep in mind of the region for events.

1 minute ago, theSLAYER said:

Pre gen 6 entries, no. PKHeX emulates the transfer process, as I've already said.

As for stuff caught in Gen 6 and above, just keep in mind of the region for events.

Great! Thank you for all your help :)