Can't open Pokémon Y save file on PKHeX

rafapombo

1 hour ago, rafapombo said:

When I try to open my Pokemon Y save file on PKHeX I get an error message saying "Binary is not compatible with save file. Current SAV Generation: 8".

image.png.0824b41a386ba52152a9b254becedd31.png

Your save may be corrupted. Send your save over.
Also, how did you extract the save?

This "Nintendo 3DS\ID0\ID1\title\00040000\000afe00\data" is not even a Pokemon Y save file at all.

Also that's not how you get save files from your 3DS unfortunately. They are encrypted so you can't take them straight from your SD card. You will need Custom Firmware or at least a way to run Homebrew installed on your 3DS. Then you have to use a savemanager like JKSM or Checkpoint to export/import your savefile.

• Hahaha 1

6 minutes ago, BlackShark said:

This "Nintendo 3DS\ID0\ID1\title\00040000\000afe00\data" is not even a Pokemon Y save file at all.

Also that's not how you get save files from your 3DS unfortunately. They are encrypted so you can't take them straight from your SD card. You will need Custom Firmware or at least a way to run Homebrew installed on your 3DS. Then you have to use a savemanager like JKSM or Checkpoint to export/import your savefile.

Oh damn didn't know that, I used checkpoint and was able to load the save file on PKHeX, thanks for the help man.

Just FYI, the 0000001.sav is a save; deleting it will cause the existing save to be gone from your game (applies to digital copy of the game).
How it's not a regular save: it's a encrypted save.

PKHeX uses decrypted saves.
Save managers deal with decryption of saves, so most people don't even notice that decryption is a thing.

Given there's no way presently to decrypt it without a 3DS, that file is effectively useless in anyone's hands, except your 3DS (assuming the 3DS doesn't get formatted).

With that information, I'll recommend you use the save manager to get the decrypted save, for keeping safe back ups in your computer, and for obtaining a save file that can be used with PKHeX.

• Like 1