Magearna and its IVs

Hide

Hey there,

Given that QR Magearna (moon) is an event pokemon, I got some questions (which could apply to other event pokemon):

Can you get a "perfect" pokemon from the QR code? ( I haven't tried QR on moon, yet). Or, can the pokemon spawn with "perfect" IVs?
Are its IVs locked?
Is its PID generated using a special method (as in older generations)
If I change its IV values, do I need to reroll its encryption constant and PID?

Thank you!

Magearna and every other legendary gift Pokemon from gen 6 onwards are set to have at least 3 perfect IVs. They can have more than 3 perfect IVs, but they can never have less. No special PID algorithms since gen 5, so all PIDs and Encryption Constants will always be randomly generated. They don't matter much in later generations, the important part is that it was set.

You're able to SR or RNG for a Magearna with perfect IVs. If you want to edit its IVs to change from imperfect to perfect, you don't need to reroll the PID or Encryption Constant (it won't be illegal if you don't), but it's a good thing to do anyway.

12 minutes ago, ICanSnake said:

Magearna and every other legendary gift Pokemon from gen 6 onwards are set to have at least 3 perfect IVs. They can have more than 3 perfect IVs, but they can never have less. No special PID algorithms since gen 5, so all PIDs and Encryption Constants will always be randomly generated. They don't matter much in later generations, the important part is that it was set.

You're able to SR or RNG for a Magearna with perfect IVs. If you want to edit its IVs to change from imperfect to perfect, you don't need to reroll the PID or Encryption Constant (it won't be illegal if you don't), but it's a good thing to do anyway.

Alright, thank you!