Managing 3DS Saves: Injecting Encrypted Saves

This guide will require the use of a hacked 3DS. This only works for CIA/e-shop version (a.k.a digital copy) of the game.
Does not work for the restoring save back into the cart versions (physical copy) of the games.

This guide only applies if the save came from the same 3DS, and said 3DS has not been reformated since.

The save also needs to be encrypted with the same encryption system that the 3DS uses.
(This mostly affects any encrypted save back ups made before FW6, if I'm not mistaken.
Probably a limited amount of people, like very early CFWers, would be impacted by this problem)

Also, if your back ups are from Powersaves, this method will not work.

Main steps

1. If there is no save in the digital copy of the game, create a new save on said game. (make sure you save in-game)

2. Replace the 00000001.sav in the correct folder.
image.png
(I've blanked out 2 folder names. They comprise of an odd combination of alpha-numerals, and change from user to user. Your SD card will be assigned to new values for both folder, every time you reformat the 3DS)

As for the folder name before data (and after 00040000), it depends on what game you're restoring back into:

Game Name Game ID
Pokémon X 00055D00
Pokémon Y 00055E00
Pokémon Omega Ruby 0011C400
Pokémon Alpha Sapphire 0011C500
Pokémon Sun 00164800
Pokémon Moon 00175E00
Pokémon Ultra Sun 001B5000
Pokémon Ultra Moon 001B5100

The example above is for Ultra Moon.

3. Now that you replaced the encrypted save, delete the secure value using the app called savedatafiler (we will not provide that.)
Once again, what folder name you delete from, depends on the game ID.
Rey's FE13 Save Hacking Adventures - Fan Projects - Serenes Forest ...

Make sure you're at the user tab, as seen on the bottom screen above. The digits above relates to the game ID, but they all lack the last 2 0s.
Example, for Pokémon Y: 00055E00 -> 0055E
Scroll down on the D-pad to make sure you hover (yellow highlight) the entry. Don't delete the secure value for CTR card (default hover).
You gotta scroll down yo.

4. Check the game, see if the save loads.
If the save isn't corrupted, you imported it into the correct folder, and deleted secure value correctly, no reason why it wouldn't load.

5. Use a save manager to back up the decrypted save. (Guide for Checkpoint or JKSM)
Decrypted copies are honestly easier to restore. Keep one in your PC or cloud service.

This method definitely works. (Look here)

View full tutorial

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Hello is their any way to inject an encrypted save from a reformatted 3ds I moved the whole game file to my computer than hacked and formatted my 3ds now I redownloaded Pokémon ultra moon is their any way to inject that save file back into my game?

51 minutes ago, cactushurt said:

Hello is their any way to inject an encrypted save from a reformatted 3ds I moved the whole game file to my computer than hacked and formatted my 3ds now I redownloaded Pokémon ultra moon is their any way to inject that save file back into my game?

When you format your 3DS the encryption key changes.

If you still have the movable.sed file from bevor you formatted your console, it should be possible to decrypt and inject the save again.

8 hours ago, cactushurt said:

I dont think I do the only thing i saved was the file for pokemon ultra moon.

without any kind of future development in the saves hacking department for the 3DS Gen 7 games (which seems unlikely at this point), that encrypted save is as good as junk.

Just to double confirm, it is not from a Cart copy of Ultra Moon right?

no its not from a cart. Is it possible to play it on a emulator or do I have to unencrypt it for that aswell?

https://gbatemp.net/threads/files-on-sd-card-not-loading-on-3ds.524684/

Apparently according to this the movable.sed is formatted in a predictable way and as a result is reverse engineerable to get what it used to be. Thought it was cool will let you know if I can get it to work

• Like 1