Restoring Encrypted Save to 3DS

luisro2204

I'm an idiot: So, I have a hacked 3ds for my little brother, and his favourite game was pokemon ultramoon, but yesterday the sd got corrupted because of reasons, and almost all files are missing, i used ease us to recover the data but i don't know where is his save file stored:( or, if i can't recover it, i want to ask here if someone has a save file of ultra moon, just before the grass trial, i would really really appreciate if you could help me, i feel really bad:(

On 5/9/2020 at 8:41 AM, luisro2204 said:

if i can't recover it, i want to ask here if someone has a save file of ultra moon, just before the grass trial, i would really really appreciate if you could help me, i feel really bad:(

If Ultra Moon was on a cart, the save is stored in cart.

If it's a eshop/cia version, the save is stored in the Nintendo folder.

anyhow, we have lots of saves here and here.

6 hours ago, theSLAYER said:

If Ultra Moon was on a cart, the store is saved in cart.

If it's a eshop/cia version, the save is stored in the Nintendo folder.

anyhow, we have lots of saves here and here.

Omg thank you for responding, I tried all day to restore the save I found but it marks it as corrupted:( is there any way to fix that or i'm screwed? 

If the file name is 00000001.sav, I can only assume it's an encrypted save extracted from the SD card.

Try using savedatafiler to delete secure value of the game.
If the encrypted file is there, and you deleted the secure value, and the file is placed in the correct folder within "Nintendo" on the SD card, it should load.

I got the save on SD>Nintendo 3ds>id1>id2>title>00040000>001b5100>data and i open savedatafiler and i get this menu, but i don't know what am i looking for, i looked at the user files and found 2 with a similar id of ultra moon (01b51), a black one (can be seen on the image) and a red one which is at the bottom, what should i do next?

20200509_115902.jpg

4 hours ago, theSLAYER said:

Erm, the same sub folder for Nintendo.

Alternatively, create a new save for your game, and keep the original 0000001.sav safe on your computer (not on SD card).

Then replace the 00000001.sav in the SD card with the one you have, and proceed to delete secure value.

I'll try that

4 hours ago, luisro2204 said:

I'll try that

I tried and i get the 01b51 in red, i delete the secure value and it says its completed, but it stays in red what should i do?

So, I create a save, then replace the new save with the old one i have? or i delete the secure value for the new one and then replace it with the old one?

Sorry for that many questions, i've never done this before:(

Hey, i was wondering, can you change the name and language of a save file? I found one very similar to mine, but i wanted to know if you could edit it to spanish and change the name to Gil

main

4 hours ago, luisro2204 said:

Sorry for that many questions, i've never done this before:(

I've doubt anyone has done this before, even I never done it before.

Make sure you back up the entire old SD card,
there should be more than one 0000001.sav

You also need to know which subdirectory it's in.
Once that is done.
1. Create a new game save on your game. (make sure you save in-game)
2. Replace the 0000001in the correct folder.
image.png

(I've blanked out 2 folder names. The contain a combination of Alphabets and values, and change from user to user. Your SD card will be assigned new values every time your format the 3DS)

3. Now that you replaced the encrypted save, delete the secure value
4. Try loading the game, see what it says.

To prevent this from happening again, please have regular backups of the decrypted saves on your computer.

Also no need to multi-post. Any new info, edit into your latest unanswered post.
I was asleep (different time zone)

44 minutes ago, luisro2204 said:

Hey, can you change the name and language of a save file? I found one very similar to mine, but i wanted to know if you could edit it to spanish and change the name to Gil

main 435 kB · 0 downloads

Use PKHeX. You should be able to do that yourself.

• theSLAYER changed the title to Restoring Encrypted Save to 3DS
23 hours ago, theSLAYER said:

so were you able to solve it? cause it sounds like you solved it.

No problem, glad to help.

Hey hey! I am having a similar issue with alpha sapphire. I have a backup as 0000001.sav, and I have been trying to follow this, but to no avail. If you could help me out, itd be much appreciated, thanks.

14 hours ago, allilk said:

Hey hey! I am having a similar issue with alpha sapphire. I have a backup as 0000001.sav, and I have been trying to follow this, but to no avail. If you could help me out, itd be much appreciated, thanks.

Your encrypted save file must be for a digital copy of the game, and made by the same 3DS. The 3DS cannot have been formatted or reformatted in the time from you made the save backup until now.

Then, follow this