Hi,

I want to participate to the world championship so I use the legitchecker.

344b8769e67baff61092c55b0d82c9ec.bmp

Is this line correct ? 'Cuz I didn't saw it in the "readme".

Is this poke 100% legit ?

Thanks a lot :smile:

Yeah, it's legal

Its only legit if the game made the pokemon, if you made it, its either legal or illegal.

The game knows no difference. Acting like there is one does nothing but cause confusion. (Yes, I realize a lot of other people do this same thing, but that doesn't make it appropriate.)

Question: Does legal checker work with HGSS caught Pokemon? Because I get everything valid on legal, and the last result is "Hacked or unknown Pokemon."

I checked on Pokesav to see if everything is the way it's suppose to be and so far, it is. Damn, I hope this Rayquaza I got from trade is legit.

Hello everyone!

This is my first post here!

I wanted to report that i just tested all the Crown Jap event pkmn files, aswell as the Goon scizor Jap in Legality Checker and they are shown as hacked or unknown pokemon, even though they are legit, i guess theyre not supported yet on LC, i still havent tested the 13th movie event celebi yet but i think theyre going to have the same trouble just as the VGC eevee that

theSLAYER reported, so i hope you can add them in the next version of the LC because it needs an updated already to support all these new pokemon.

Regarding to the LC features i would also appreciate (as many people would too) that you include other legal checks missing on the LC such as EVs count, Location, Ability and Class match up, etc. to have a real full legal check on any pokemon, so if we forget something on pokesav we can fix it right away, or even check faster any mistake on a ``legit´´ event pokemon.

Another thing, I already got experience with hex values and some more stuff about it, but i wanted to ask about something i dont know yet about HG/SS which is:

Do DPP pokemon whether caught or migrated has to have the 86h value filled on HG/SS if they were traded to it? or its only for HG/SS original or migrated pkmn? cause i still havent try that!

Thanks in advance! meanwhile ill be patient for the LC vB54-25 :biggrin:

hi i have a problem with legit checker,

i have downloaded my pokemon from pokewalker, it seems that the legit check didnt know.

i evole my flying pikachu into raichu (test_2) by mistake i wonder if i can edit it back to pikachu, so i traded it to my platinum rom to have the pkm file checked.

however my surfing pikachu (test 3) is also not pass the check, it doesnt have any edited.

test_2.JPG

test_3.JPG

test_2.JPG.56f09690ea71ef8d7926ebb75cdf4

test_3.JPG.5bd592198a87a01d0ed81691ac7f5

hi everyone,

what's the Sync check that appears in some pokemon? i can't understand what is that,'cause i ever checked my pokemon but in 50% of them there isn't any Sync. Sorry for my bad english but i'm italian

if there some1 that can explain me this function, reply pls

hi everyone,

what's the Sync check that appears in some pokemon? i can't understand what is that,'cause i ever checked my pokemon but in 50% of them there isn't any Sync. Sorry for my bad english but i'm italian

if there some1 that can explain me this function, reply pls

if im not mistaken that means that the pokemon you have there got its nature with a pokemon with the syncronize ability, as for the guy above you i dont think that pokemon is supported yet by the Legality Checker, but just in case check the superior part of this thread to make sure of it, if you edit the raichu back to pikachu again wont make any difference because the game doesnt check for that, so it should be perfectly fine, etiher way its not supported yet (i think) so if you are sure its legit then everything will be ok.

regarding to my previous question about HG/SS nvm i just figured it out, now i have another question and its; does the Legality Checker only has korean PIDs for migrated magic guard clefable? because i tried to make it like 3 times and all came out as UK/US/AU, Korea

newpicture002a.png

if they are only korean its this OK? and dont i have to change the name characters if so?

PS: still looking forward to the other things i mentioned before, and if i dont get an answer about that soon, ill PM you Sabresite, since that would mean you are not reading this post frequently.

Edited by wyndamn

• 2 weeks later...
hi,

Legal.exe was not updated for a while..... is this project stopped? is it possible to update the legit.exe by myself if i have the wondercards? if yes how can i do this?

greets

Munch

I´ll say this so no one else will ask this again till its updated: ive recently send a pm to Sabresite to make him know about the updates that the legal needs and he reply to me that lately hes been very busy and that it will be updated soon, so everyone try to do not ask or pm sabresite anymore until he updates the legal.

But i think that munchie got a point here because this way it will be always up to date, so its not a bad idea if sabresite could put his knowledge on paper for all of us to learn how to do this and do it manually.

The "Sync Check" actually has nothing to do with Synchronize. In DPPt, certain "legitimate" IV\nature spreads are actually skipped and cannot be encountered at all.

Pokemon you encounter through certain in-game events, like gift Pokemon (Eevee, Porygon, Dialga\Palkia\Giratina from the Arceus event, etc. and roamers) have all ~4.2 billion spreads available to them. But for everything else (including wild encounters and battles with non-roamer legendaries), the generation method skips over some of these "legitimate" spreads, so they can never be found on a wild Pokemon. The Sync Check makes sure the spread is not one of those skipped spreads.

Hello,

I believe I found a false positive in Legal.exe's Sync checking, I was RNGing an appropriate Registeel earlier today and after done noticed it shows up as Sync: Invalid, to verify it wasn't something weird with the Registeel I RNG'd something more common with the same PID/IV combination and indeed it shows up as Invalid as well, the specific spread was:

PID: 30742070 (CAREFUL, ability 0) 31/31/31/30/31/31 (Seed: a00802d4 Method 1: 252, J (synch): 239, J (no synch): None, K (synch): 239, K (no synch): None) HP ELECTRIC 70

(the PID's in Hex and IV order is HP/Attack/Def/Sp. Attack/Sp. Def/Speed. </obvious_note>)

which is possible to hit with Method J with a Careful Syncer as the spread details mention.

pkm file and screenshot attached.

634158374042995000_Pikachu_247996753.pkm

InvalidSync.PNG

634158374042995000_Pikachu_247996753.pkm

InvalidSync.PNG.4faa0058bf485a532ce3c353

that's a different kind of sync. read the post above yours. it sounds like the spread you're picking is one of those that should be skipped, but you're making the game hit it.

I've read it and I think my post still stands, from what I've read the Sync check makes sure the PID/IV combination can be encountered (with Method J atleast) in-game either with or without a Syncer, which the above one can be yet shows up as Invalid.

that's a different kind of sync. read the post above yours. it sounds like the spread you're picking is one of those that should be skipped, but you're making the game hit it.

You can't "make" the game hit the spread no matter what.

I've read it and I think my post still stands, from what I've read the Sync check makes sure the PID/IV combination can be encountered (with Method J atleast) in-game either with or without a Syncer, which the above one can be yet shows up as Invalid.

Yeah, it's definitely a false positive. I think someone else reported another false positive earlier in the thread. In those cases you have to manually prove in RNG Reporter that you can hit that spread.

You can't "make" the game hit the spread no matter what.

Thanks, I was wondering about that. Is there anywhere I could possibly read up on this stuff? How/why certain sets of spreads are skipped, PID generation, what differentiates the different generation methods (1-9, un/restricted), how they work, etc? I've been looking on Google, and I've found a few interesting things, but I would be curious to know what else is out there on the topic(s).

The "Sync Check" actually has nothing to do with Synchronize. In DPPt, certain "legitimate" IV\nature spreads are actually skipped and cannot be encountered at all.

Pokemon you encounter through certain in-game events, like gift Pokemon (Eevee, Porygon, Dialga\Palkia\Giratina from the Arceus event, etc. and roamers) have all ~4.2 billion spreads available to them. But for everything else (including wild encounters and battles with non-roamer legendaries), the generation method skips over some of these "legitimate" spreads, so they can never be found on a wild Pokemon. The Sync Check makes sure the spread is not one of those skipped spreads.

Thank you for correcting my mistake now i´ve learned something new ^_^ im gonna make research to learn about the subject more.