• 2 weeks later...

Hi Sabresite,

there are a few issues I'd like to address regarding legal.exe.

First of all, all NOK Manaphies, NOK Rayquazas, WCS Milotics, and VCG09 (English) Milotics are displaying as Mystery Gift <Hacked> in legal since vB54-17, I believe. This includes samples of Milotics that were received by their owners directly from the events. Is this an error on legal's part?

In addition, I believe it's reading certain Japanese GBA pokemon incorrectly, specifically those that actually have normal trash bytes. It's reading Invalid for most, if not all of them. On the other hand, the rest of the Japanese GBA have no problems.

Third, why exactly do some pokemon display as having gender check problems? I have several Pokemon Box from Spain and France that read Gender Check as Invalid, and I can't understand why.

And finally, are all the problems with Platinum trashbytes resolved? I found a German Aura Mew, recently Pal Parked into a German Platinum, that read Invalid but looked OK in hex.

You're using an out-of-date version of Legal. Those Milotics appear fine now.

We've already established that some Noks appear hacked too. Sabresite has been busy like everyone else during the holidays so he hasn't been able to resolve the issue.

I've noticed the problem with Japanese GBA event recently. Some, including some PalParked recently, appear with Invalid TB's. Thank you for bringing that up.

Hi Sabresite,

there are a few issues I'd like to address regarding legal.exe.

First of all, all NOK Manaphies, NOK Rayquazas, WCS Milotics, and VCG09 (English) Milotics are displaying as Mystery Gift <Hacked> in legal since vB54-17, I believe. This includes samples of Milotics that were received by their owners directly from the events. Is this an error on legal's part?

In addition, I believe it's reading certain Japanese GBA pokemon incorrectly, specifically those that actually have normal trash bytes. It's reading Invalid for most, if not all of them. On the other hand, the rest of the Japanese GBA have no problems.

Third, why exactly do some pokemon display as having gender check problems? I have several Pokemon Box from Spain and France that read Gender Check as Invalid, and I can't understand why.

And finally, are all the problems with Platinum trashbytes resolved? I found a German Aura Mew, recently Pal Parked into a German Platinum, that read Invalid but looked OK in hex.

I fixed the NoK pokemon problem, which will be available in B54-22. Regarding platinum trash bytes, I don't have time to record the trash byte patterns, therefore non-english/japanese platinum pokemon will always come up as invalid, since they are missing from the program. Your pokemon box pokemon, which were palparked, should have a valid gender check. I will post the fixed version as soon as I can.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, Saber.

I found that Notched-Ear Pichus appears as "Unknown or Hacked Pokemon"

Do they have some sort of special PID/IV relationship that makes them appear as Notched-Ear Pichus (like Mystery Gift Dynamic)? Cause any other gift Pokemon from HGSS appears fine (meaning they use the same old Type 1).

Hey, Saber.

I found that Notched-Ear Pichus appears as "Unknown or Hacked Pokemon"

Do they have some sort of special PID/IV relationship that makes them appear as Notched-Ear Pichus (like Mystery Gift Dynamic)? Cause any other gift Pokemon from HGSS appears fine (meaning they use the same old Type 1).

Apparently they do have some sort of special PID/IV relationship otherwise they'd show up as Normal NDS/GBA. It wouldn't be Mystery Gift anything because, well they aren't WC events...

Same thing goes for PokeWalker events since they aren't obtained DIRECTLY from a WC :)

• 3 weeks later...

That isn't a problem with Legal. The same Pokemon can conform to more than one type at a time.

Other than that, does anyone have any idea when the next version of Legal will be released, fixing the Japanese GBA trashbyte problems as well as the various DS events that currently read Mystery Gift <Hacked>?

It is incredible but in fact it is possible that an pokemon has two types on his PID/IV relationship, at least if we consider as true the "Never seen this," which in fact shows that the pokesav is wrong and that method does not exist. Thanks Ihhani for commenting here.

But I have an even bigger question, or at least I see it. Method 3 of X-Act mentions in his article really exist?, Or is a legit bug that does not recognize it.

I will be releasing a new version of Legality Checker soon which will take care of unrecognized Pokemon. I believe only the latest ones are missing (I think I fixed all of the old Korean ones). Please refresh me, if this is not the case.

Regarding the Trash Bytes, Nigoli will be helping me to obtain them once he gets time. Unfortunately, I require 60-100 Pokemon for pal park slot 2-6 of each language of Platinum/HG/SS, and about 6-12 for the first pal park slot.

Regarding Method 3 of X-Act, that is described as A-C-D-E, which I have NEVER seen in my life. If someone has Pokemon from the GBA games which conform to this, I would love to see them. I have spoken with LoadingNOW, tsanth, and mingot on this, and none of them are aware of this method.

I can add support for it, but I am hesitant until I speak with X-Act (who never responds to me when I contact him), or get confirmation from someone else.

EDIT: Yamipoli explained that she got method 3 via fishing. If someone can pal park fished pokemon for me, I will check them for A-C-D-E validity.

Also when I spoke with mingot, the theory that was explained to him was that the RNG could be skipped up to twice, anywhere in the six RNG calls. That would be the mean the following can be true:

A-B-C-D

A-B-D-E

A-B-E-F

A-B-C-E

A-B-C-F

A-C-D-E

A-C-D-F

A-C-E-F

A-D-E-F

I am not sure what part of this information is possible.

Hello, I'm new and I have a problem.

I have a migrated Blaziken on my PKMN Diamond game (Legit of course). My friend wants a Torchic and I wanted to breed it with other Field-egg type Pokémon so it can inherit some moves I want it to have. So I decided to change its gender. Well, before I tried, I saved the original file of my Blaziken. Then I used Legit.exe and in the 'Type' part was like this:

Type: Normal NDS or GBA <A-B-C-D>

And when I changed the gender said:

Type: Unknown GBA Type

Can someone help me here please? :frown::bidoof:

I want it like this "Normal NDS or GBA <A-B-C-D>" and not like Unknown Type :frown:

Thanks in advance.

Edit: Migrated from Emerald.

The problem you are having is that the gender is based off of the PID. So if you change the gender, the PID changes, and therefore the type becomes hacked. You would need to change the IVs to conform, using SCV's PID <--> IV program.

I'll try that, thanks.

If I still can't, I'll upload the .PKM files (because my Blaziken isn't the only migrated one with that problem). You can use them for the Requests if you want to ^^.

Edit[2]: Tried but couldn't, here is the PKM file, I just want it female, without any gender/attack/stat modified, if you can do this I'll be very thankfull, also you can use 'em if you want to.

Blaziken Original.pkm

Blaziken Original.pkm

Edited by WiiLegend
Added Attachment

Everything is ready for the next version. Now that DESMUME supports pal parking, I will spend tuesday pal parking. If someone can get me HG/SS and a save file, and tell me how to get it working on DESMUME, I will migrate them there as well and manually (hex editor) pull the pokemon.

Ok, to successfully migrate using Desmume. You need to go to Emulation settings, check "Use external BIOS images" and "Emulate SWIs with BIOS images" , then check "Use external Firmware". The release version of Desmume doesn't support flashed Firmware, but the latest svn does.

Next, if you're using HG/SS , make sure the ROM is patched with Poryhack's Pal Park hack. Then load the game and save once. Reset and immediately go to "Emulation" --> "GBA slot" and pick the GBA game, which should have a 128k .sav file in the same folder (It's recommended to back it up) . Desmume will force you to reset again, then you'll be able to see "Migrate from GBA game X". After picking the Pokes to Pal Park, Desmume will succesfully write to the GBA .sav file, and you'll be able to catch them.

Trying to Pal Park a second time will not work since Desmume somehow corrupted the GBA .sav file, this is where we use the backup and it'll be working again. Good luck.

BTW, here's a Shellder PalParked from FireRed :

shellderFR.jpg

shellder-FR.pkm

shellderFR.jpg.734cac419e0d8cfa9236292c4

shellder-FR.pkm

Update - 02/07/2010:

- Added Pikachu colored Pichu (USA) - THanks Nigoli, Person, Kelly, and others

- Added Jirachi (USA) - Thanks Nigoli, Person, Kelly, and others

- Added 10th Aniv HGSS Mew (53b) - Thanks Nigoli

- Added Unown GBA (Fr/Lg) Algorithm - Thanks DarkDragonite

- Added X-Act Method 3 (A-C-D-E, this is theoretical until I see one)

- Cleaned up NDS and GBA validation so there is no confusion.

- Removed A-B-D-E from NDS.

- Restricted 10th Aniv HGSS Mew (53a) to HGSS only.

- Cleared up the source code for basic legality checking

- Added a wider support for GBA legality

To Do:

- Still working on trash bytes

- Will add met level & minimum level for mystery gifts

- Still working on HG alternate algorithms (any help is appreciated).

- Beta 55 will not require the .NET Framework and be fully cross platform (C++).

hi i use your legal programm and i´ve a shiny jirachi (Wishmaker) in shiny.... when i put it into the lagal file Trashbytes are invalid, but if i put it first in trashbyte normalizer its valid oO is it a hack or isnt it?

sorry about my bad english^^

Greetings! Long time lurker, first-time registree/poster.

Before I continue with my query, I want to thank you for your work on the Legality checker. This little program is immeasurably helpful.

Unfortunately, I'm having a bit of trouble at the moment reading the results of a check, and would like some information. Recently, a friend of mine (whom I gave my copy of Platinum a bit whilst I farted about on Diamond to get things ready for when HG/SS arrives) gave me a Croagunk which he bred recently. The results of the check are below.

Am I correct in assuming that this one's legit based upon the data, or is there something I am missing?

Croagunk Egg.PNG

583dcdb847005_CroagunkEgg.PNG.5c5c6293bb