Sabresite, will you be working on updates for 4th Gen Legal.exe, now that you're back?

We still need updates on HGSS PalPark Trash, as well as some non-English Platinum PalPark Trash. There also is a problem with some trash byte false negatives (D/P), IIRC. Same for Sync Checks.

We also need an update for all the lastest events.

Thanks.

Sabresite, will you be working on updates for 4th Gen Legal.exe, now that you're back?

We still need updates on HGSS PalPark Trash, as well as some non-English Platinum PalPark Trash. There also is a problem with some trash byte false negatives (D/P), IIRC. Same for Sync Checks.

We also need an update for all the lastest events.

Thanks.

He's well aware of what's needed. Right now it's cleaning up the gen 4 event thread because there won't be any more new Wonder Cards after Celebi.

Okay the following will be in the next version:

1. Nice new interface
  2. Fixed sync checks
  3. Missing event pokes
  4. Fix to manaphy shiny check (invalid location)
  5. More trash byte support (Thanks WindSlayer)
  6. Trash Bytes with Evolved Pokemon
  7. POSSIBLY Mystery Gift support with Gen 5 Pokes
  8. POSSIBLY *.sav support with batch checking
  9. Minor checks (poke balls, shiny leaves, etc)
  10. No-Shiny Checks for specific pokes related to 3rd gen
  11. Smart checking so that it runs faster!

Thanks to Windslayer, better trash byte support will be in the next version. I will also add in HG/SS trash byte support as he gets the pokemon to me.

Also thanks to Twig for sharing his mew distribution cartridge with me. There will be three new types for MYSTRY mews.

Hacked Mystry Mew - There is no possibility of being legal or legit.

Unconfirmed Mystry Mew - Possibly one of the 50 missing mews although cannot be proven. Use discretion when trading with someone.

Confirmed Mystry Mew - Confirmed as one of the distributed mews.

Edited by Sabresite

I haven't counted in total, but up to 10 base sets of mews are missing from the distribution save. Within the 10 sets there are 50 total mews. For that reason Legal will use an algorithm to determine if its possible to be one of the missing pokemon. To give you an idea of what we are talking about, here are some numbers:

There are a total of 421-426 Mews in existence. Of that there are 375 Mews which are CONFIRMED. That leaves a total of 46-50 Mews that cannot be accounted for. Using a prediction algorithm we know that there are a total of 327,675 Mews. Subtracting the 375 CONFIRMED Mews gives us a total of 327,300 possible Mews to fill the 50 that are unaccounted. This subset of 327,300 will be deemed the UNCONFIRMED Mews. The rest of the 4 billion PID/IV combinations will be HACKED.

Since I cannot be sure that Mews sent to me are legit, I cannot add any to the confirmed list.

Awesome :P .sav support would be very interesting indeed, I guess people who do a lot of wifi trading will find it really useful. I've said it somewhere else but let us know if you need pkm contributions for this. eg 12160 Korean beasts etc. that people'd rather not put on the contributions thread.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

For some reason my Ditto keeps showing up as "Type: Hacked or Unknown Pokemon." I set the location and hidden hex values so that it was caught in tall grass on Route 34 with a pokeball on Soul Silver version, and from what I can tell I did nothing wrong. Here are the hex values, and the location caught:

w6l5bz11yaiol6mr64t.jpg

Any idea what's wrong? In game, it's info on the summary page says:

"Naive nature.

May 11, 2010

Route 34

Met at Lv. 10

Loves to eat."

So it looks legit, but the Legality Checker still says it's hacked...?

For some reason my Ditto keeps showing up as "Type: Hacked or Unknown Pokemon." I set the location and hidden hex values so that it was caught in tall grass on Route 34 with a pokeball on Soul Silver version, and from what I can tell I did nothing wrong. Here are the hex values, and the location caught:

w6l5bz11yaiol6mr64t.jpg

Any idea what's wrong? In game, it's info on the summary page says:

"Naive nature.

May 11, 2010

Route 34

Met at Lv. 10

Loves to eat."

So it looks legit, but the Legality Checker still says it's hacked...?

post a pkm file?

e: what RoC said, your PID and IVs don;t match. you can only choose from quirky and impish with those IVs, too.

You click the PID/IV button. Not the Generate button.

Wait, then what's the difference between the Generate button under "Generate" and ""PID/IV"? They both seem to change the same things, with "Generate" being manual and "PID/IV" being automatic. And can't IVs be anything from 1-31 regardless of Nature? I'm confused. :confused:

Edit: Did some Googling; so from what I can tell, normally there's a set relationship between IVs and Nature, Gender, Shininess, and Ability, but this set relationship doesn't apply to hatched pokemon? If so, that might explain why I'm just now coming across this issue, as I usually make all of my .pkm hatched, and Ditto can't be bred.

Would pokemon I hatch need to use the PID/IV thing, too? I'll attach a hatched Weavile I made as an example.

Also, what the heck are Algorithm Types? Sorry if I'm bombarding you with questions. :tongue:

weavile.pkm

weavile.pkm