Pokemon SS new promotion

ryuko2002

Hello:

I started using pkhex one week ago mainly to review my save game from Shield and get rid of some traded pokemon that I suspected where ilegal. Upon reviewing my last catches from shiny dens I found 3 pokemon marked as ilegal. I'm sure you are aware of this but the latest den promotion changed some pokemon, including some impossible pokemon such as level 30 drakloak. In my case, the ilegal pokemon were a level 17 larvitar and level 30 drakloak.

https://serebii.net/swordshield/maxraidbattles/eventden-may2020.shtml

Finally, I also caught 2 Mime Jr on a den that had the move thunderbolt. I evolved one to Galar Mr. Mime and Pkhex marks this move as illegal even though it considers valid the move for Mime Jr.

This is my first post on this forum and I tried to read the guidelines before posting the message but if the message don't belong here, feel free to delete/move it. I'm sure you are aware of pokemon den promotins and that they will eventually be added to Pkhex but I thought it could be useful.

Thanks,

31 minutes ago, ryuko2002 said:

the latest den promotion changed some pokemon, including some impossible pokemon such as level 30 drakloak ...
I evolved one to Galar Mr. Mime and Pkhex marks this move as illegal even though it considers valid the move for Mime Jr.

Yeah, we are aware of the change. Heck, I even parsed and posted the encounters and moves here.

Well, it's natural that PKHeX would regard your Mr. Mime as illegal, cause it sees the Mime Jr as illegal.
It's not common for an evolution to "suddenly make it legal" (in the eyes of PKHeX),
since in this case, it is illegal (in the eyes of PKHeX) because of (presumably) the encounter details.

Just wait for the new PKHeX update, then check back on them.

The problem with Mr Mime is slightly different: Mime Jr with thunderbolt is legal, Mr. Mime with thunderbolt is illegal (and Mr. Mime can learn TR08 anyway).
I wasn't aware of that page with the Wild Area information but I suspected there had to be a page with the latest changes.

Keep up the good work!!

Mr. Mime.PNG

Edited by ryuko2002

4 hours ago, ryuko2002 said:

Mime Jr with thunderbolt is legal, Mr. Mime with thunderbolt is illegal (and Mr. Mime can learn TR08 anyway).

Typically mons that can only learn the move via TR needs to have it checked off in the Technical Records segment.
In this case it wouldn't be checked off, cause the previous evolution having the move (without learning the TR).

@Kaphotics Mime Jr. from the previous the Easter Event has Thunderbolt.
However, Mr Mime that evolved from that would be flagged illegal. (presumably due to the TR move disparity)

17 minutes ago, ryuko2002 said:

Thanks for the response, I removed Thunderbolt from Mr. Mime so it's not flagged as illegal (I just wanted it for the shiny dex).

There was no reason to remove it, it can have Thunderbolt legally, since the event Mime Jr. can have it legally.

It was likely just a borked check in PKHeX. As you can see, I just pinged kaph about it.