hi, I need help with editing pokeballs

hi, recently i started creating a pokemon rom hack of platinum, and I cannot find how to edit the balls you find sitting on the ground in the over-world. I've been stumped on this for quite a while and I cant find any guides or applications online that will help me towards my goal.

Just now, Pokefan 263 said:

usually has to do with the overworld sprites. Sorry, I don't know the location for the items in the game but if you find out, here is this guide:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vw5GrsuwWzU

on how to replace Overworld sprites.

I think OP means the contents of the balls.  that data is stored in the script table for each map iirc.

6 hours ago, Delta Blast Burn said:

After you set the rom, click maps. Below where you select the map there is a tab for scripts.

That's not how I did it, but I did figure out how to edit them, I just wrote my own script and tied it to the pokeball rather than editing the script 

Edited by gunbuster69

@gunbuster69 I see you've already made a few post regarding this subject. No need to create new threads for the same topic.

anyone who is curious and wants to help, this is the text from the other new thread gunbuster created:

basically, I know how to edit scripts, this isnt a "teach me how to code" tutorial thing, rather I need help finding the scripts in ppre or tinke or something to edit them, like script 7003 which holds a give item script used for a pokeball on the ground. 

5 hours ago, theSLAYER said:

@gunbuster69 I see you've already made a few post regarding this subject. No need to create new threads for the same topic.

anyone who is curious and wants to help, this is the text from the other new thread gunbuster created:

This was for something somewhat different and a bit more general, but I see why you would think that. I'm sorry 

• 1 year later...