Why can’t I teach Pokémon certain moves?

Jarod09942

I’m trying to use PKhex to generate certain Pokémon and teach them moves, but certain (actually a lot) of moves are not legal. 
for example, when I try to create conkelldur, he can’t have the ability iron fist. Bisharp can’t Learn throat chop. kommo-o Can’t learn psychic fangs. And Tyranitar can’t learn iron head. 
why does it say none of these are legal? And how do I fix it? 
thanks. 

F71CAC7A-6BCD-48EB-9FF9-D30493C7806E.jpeg2057663F-BFC4-40AC-8A91-4A72FFE3DEB8.jpeg

740DDB40-655F-4227-87CC-7B89ACADD195.jpeg38A62979-D755-4608-8EF9-29E699EA0134.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Jarod09942 said:

when I try to create conkelldur, he can’t have the ability iron fist

Try fixing the met details. The particular encounter details you set cannot encounter a Conkeldurr with HA.

Perhaps have it bred, so that it can get HA. :)

3 minutes ago, Jarod09942 said:

Bisharp can’t Learn throat chop

image.png

Throat chop is a TR move. Make sure the TR flag is set.
You know, this:
image.png

4 minutes ago, Jarod09942 said:

kommo-o Can’t learn psychic fangs

Because.. it can't?
What database says it can?

6 minutes ago, Jarod09942 said:

Tyranitar can’t learn iron head

Another TR move. You know the drill. :3

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

Try fixing the met details. The particular encounter details you set cannot encounter a Conkeldurr with HA.

Perhaps have it bred, so that it can get HA. :)

image.png

Throat chop is a TR move. Make sure the TR flag is set.
You know, this:
image.png

Because.. it can't?
What database says it can?

Another TR move. You know the drill. :3

It says Kommo-o can on gamewith.net. Obviously it can’t by looking online on other sites lol! 
And thank you, now I know how to go about these issues. 

4 minutes ago, Jarod09942 said:

It says Kommo-o can on gamewith.net. Obviously it can’t by looking online on other sites lol! 

I tried looking for a site that has "psychic fangs" and "kommo-o" within the same breath, and I think only theirs showed up. (the rest seemed to be "how to counter kommo-o" sets etc)

In any case, they're wrong :3

5 minutes ago, Jarod09942 said:

And thank you, now I know how to go about these issues. 

yeah, in most scenarios, a mon cannot have a TR move, without the corresponding TR flag (that shows it was taught the move). Thus why it wasn't legal without the flag.

(Cause the move have no reason to be learned without the flag)

Anyway, happy playing :3

32 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

I tried looking for a site that has "psychic fangs" and "kommo-o" within the same breath, and I think only theirs showed up. (the rest seemed to be "how to counter kommo-o" sets etc)

In any case, they're wrong :3

yeah, in most scenarios, a mon cannot have a TR move, without the corresponding TR flag (that shows it was taught the move). Thus why it wasn't legal without the flag.

(Cause the move have no reason to be learned without the flag)

Anyway, happy playing :3

I don’t know why I can’t get conkeldurr to get his HA, I changed Met to A nursery worker, a link trade (egg), a link trade (npc), changed origin game and still can’t get it to be legal. I got all the other things to work that you told me earlier. 

image.jpg

2 minutes ago, Jarod09942 said:

I don’t know why I can’t get conkeldurr to get his HA, I changed Met to A nursery worker, a link trade (egg), a link trade (npc), changed origin game and still can’t get it to be legal. I got all the other things to work that you told me earlier. 

image.jpg

You're doing it wrong.

Egg details would be link trade (Egg), then met details would be where you hatched it.

If you can't get this right, perhaps edit an existing hatched Conkeldurr.

1 minute ago, theSLAYER said:

You're doing it wrong.

Egg details would be link trade (Egg), then met details you be where you hatched it.

I just figured that out, I was totally overlooking “as egg” box. Sorry for that lol. 
thank you again and again! 

• Like 1

• 3 years later...
1 hour ago, Ghostface90 said:

I got a similar issue. I'll keep it simple. I'm trying to use this to teach Arceus metronome through it but, it says it's an invalid move and isn't in my list in-game. 

Well that's because.. Arceus *can't* learn Metronome.

Check the Metronome page. Arceus doesn't show up in any of the categories.

You could illegally hack the move onto it, sure, but it cannot legally learn that move.

1 hour ago, theSLAYER said:

Well that's because.. Arceus *can't* learn Metronome.

Check the Metronome page. Arceus doesn't show up in any of the categories.

You could illegally hack the move onto it, sure, but it cannot legally learn that move.

pretty damn stupid -- given the lore surrounding it... then, again, the same goes for Mewtwo not being able o learn fly or Dialga being able to learn earthquake but not fissure... 

2 hours ago, Ghostface90 said:

hmph! you want complaining? be me for a week.

I clearly did not phrase it right. I’m not thoroughly sure how to verbalise it. Like, maybe it’s kinda like a waste of an interaction? A waste of your own time? Being vexed about something that you could have resolved faster than waiting for a response that would have just told you that you should have checked so and so anyway?

It is less an indictment of your actions or personality, and more to stress the point that you should check what you wanna do and ensure you’ve tied all the loose ends, before implying that something isn’t working right.

Candid response: and no one needs to be you for a week. We have enough issues to deal with as ourselves. 😜

12 hours ago, theSLAYER said:

I clearly did not phrase it right. I’m not thoroughly sure how to verbalise it. Like, maybe it’s kinda like a waste of an interaction? A waste of your own time? Being vexed about something that you could have resolved faster than waiting for a response that would have just told you that you should have checked so and so anyway?

It is less an indictment of your actions or personality, and more to stress the point that you should check what you wanna do and ensure you’ve tied all the loose ends, before implying that something isn’t working right.

Candid response: and no one needs to be you for a week. We have enough issues to deal with as ourselves. 😜

you assumed that I even knew about the list. I'm new to the program. I think some of the choices made no sense. no, obviously, some Pokémon... like.... say... a Diglett using ice punch... who here would even try that? it doesn't even have a hand.  I hear nothing but complaining. 

and while I'm here--and I hate to even consider this... but, does PKHeX work for competing joint missions like, getting Rayquaza? I'm extremely reluctant to start gold just for Kyogre.

So you didn’t know about Bulbapedia, or Serebii. Fair enough. There are bunch of sites online (beyond those 2) that document details surrounding moves, what Pokémon can learn them, special moves due to certain circumstances, special abilities, where to catch mons, etc. They’re all not associated to the program, and the program doesn’t use those details for the determination (the devs are also mighty dataminers). Those resources would be a good place to start if you want to try to figure anything out for yourself.

As for the Kyogre question, just inject the needed legendary with the correct origin game into your box, then withdraw it into your party, then go to the particular spot/area. That should do the trick. You can just choose one from the encounter database, and make sure you change the origin game (if it isn’t correct).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, theSLAYER said:

So you didn’t know about Bulbapedia, or Serebii. Fair enough. There are bunch of sites online (beyond those 2) that document details surrounding moves, what Pokémon can learn them, special moves due to certain circumstances, special abilities, where to catch mons, etc. They’re all not associated to the program, and the program doesn’t use those details for the determination (the devs are also mighty dataminers). Those resources would be a good place to start if you want to try to figure anything out for yourself.

As for the Kyogre question, just inject the needed legendary with the correct origin game into your box, then withdraw it into your party, then go to the particular spot/area. That should do the trick. You can just choose one from the encounter database, and make sure you change the origin game (if it isn’t correct).

I saw em in some of my searches. I figured that Bulbapedia just covered the lore and Serebii? I had no idea what the hell that was.  ''As for the Kyogre question, just inject the needed legendary with the correct origin game into your box, then withdraw it into your party, then go to the particular spot/area. That should do the trick. You can just choose one from the encounter database, and make sure you change the origin game (if it isn’t correct).'' can you explain that a bit more? 

12 minutes ago, Ghostface90 said:

I saw em in some of my searches. I figured that Bulbapedia just covered the lore and Serebii? I had no idea what the hell that was.  ''As for the Kyogre question, just inject the needed legendary with the correct origin game into your box, then withdraw it into your party, then go to the particular spot/area. That should do the trick. You can just choose one from the encounter database, and make sure you change the origin game (if it isn’t correct).'' can you explain that a bit more? 

There’s all kinds of moves and stats and stuff on them.

by Serebii I mean Serebii.Net. It’s been around since Generation 3.

I’m not at computer at the moment, but if you go to Tools on the top bar of PKHeX, the Database and Encounter Database should be there. When the window pops up, set species and origin game (game version), and it then view it and set to the regular PKHeX window.

45 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

There’s all kinds of moves and stats and stuff on them.

by Serebii I mean Serebii.Net. It’s been around since Generation 3.

I’m not at computer at the moment, but if you go to Tools on the top bar of PKHeX, the Database and Encounter Database should be there. When the window pops up, set species and origin game (game version), and it then view it and set to the regular PKHeX window.

never had a Gam Shark. alright. I'll download gold later.

14 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

Not download Gold. That sounds like piracy. 

I meant select Gold as the origin game in the Encounter Database window. I could attach a few photos if you can’t figure it out 

that would be best. I'm only like a weak into the program and I'd rather not mess up. and, while you're at it, if you would, please show me how to transfer everything to ultra moon. I'm only playing a later version so that I can get whatever Pokémon that I can't get in later games. also, I don't know if you guys deal with   https://github.com/architdate/PKHeX-Plugins/releases/tag/23.02.27 but, when can I expect an update? and, I would appreciate help for manually installing an older version.  

7 hours ago, Ghostface90 said:

never had a Gam Shark. alright.

I missed this earlier. I don't think anything I said was related to the Game Shark 😅

All things considered, I got mine at a nice point in time (Gen 3) but back then it felt pretty late to me (wish I got it in Gen 1/2 and messed with all kinds of stuff)

5 hours ago, Ghostface90 said:

that would be best. I'm only like a weak into the program and I'd rather not mess up. and, while you're at it, if you would, please show me how to transfer everything to ultra moon. I'm only playing a later version so that I can get whatever Pokémon that I can't get in later games. also, I don't know if you guys deal with   https://github.com/architdate/PKHeX-Plugins/releases/tag/23.02.27 but, when can I expect an update? and, I would appreciate help for manually installing an older version.  

I don't don't deal with his project. All I can say is that he is aware and would update it when he finds time to do so.

Not sure what version you're trying to do the Kyogre thing on, I assume SoulSilver.

Anyhow, various steps in the spoiler below, click on it to open it:

Spoiler

Load up encounter database
image.png

Select species and OT Version and search

image.png

Right click to view

image.png

Close that window, go back to PKHeX Window. You can now right click and set the mon to your PC
image.png

As for transferring it up to Ultra Moon, open two windows of PKHeX.
Have one window contain a SS save, another containing a UM save, then just drag and hold the mons with your mouse in the SS save, and drag the mon and drop it into your UM save.

If that doesn't work, drag the mon from the SS save onto your desktop, and it will create a PK4 file. Then drag it into your UM save.
image.png

Note: You should not do with with any of the games on the Switch console. Your mon should properly go through HOME, in order to get assigned a valid HOME tracker.

• Like 1

I missed this earlier. I don't think anything I said was related to the Game Shark 😅

Reveal hidden contents

image.png

image.png

Right click to view

image.png

Close that window, go back to PKHeX Window. You can now right click and set the mon to your PC
image.png

Have one window contain a SS save, another containing a UM save, then just drag and hold the mons with your mouse in the SS save, and drag the mon and drop it into your UM save.

If that doesn't work, drag the mon from the SS save onto your desktop, and it will create a PK4 file. Then drag it into your UM save.
image.png

Note: You should not do with with any of the games on the Switch console. Your mon should properly go through HOME, in order to get assigned a valid HOME tracker.

in regards to not cheating on the games before or anything like that. 

All things considered, I got mine at a nice point in time (Gen 3) but back then it felt pretty late to me (wish I got it in Gen 1/2 and messed with all kinds of stuff)

I don't don't deal with his project. All I can say is that he is aware and would update it when he finds time to do so.

Not sure what version you're trying to do the Kyogre thing on, I assume SoulSilver.

Anyhow, various steps in the spoiler below, click on it to open it:

Hide contents

image.png

image.png

Right click to view

image.png

image.png

image.png

thank you. what does your note have to do with an emulator?