Legality of Pokemon

Ulbricht

Hi again. Just want to ask if the legit pokemon transferred from one game, like Pokemon X to another game, which is Pokemon Ultra Sun, will still be legit. Sorry can't seems to find a thread that talks about this. 

And IF you breed an illegal pokemon to a legal one, what will be their offspring? is it illegal?

Edited by Ulbricht

15 hours ago, Poke J said:

@Ulbricht if the Pokemon goes from one game to another game without the use of a third party device or application (PKHeX) the Pokemon will be legit.  If you transfer a Pokemon using PKHeX it will be legal at best.

so is it not as legit as those who were transferred through pokemon bank?

2 minutes ago, Ulbricht said:

so is it not as legit as those who were transferred through pokemon bank?

Anytime you dump your save, open it in a third party application, and save it in the application all Pokemon on the save can no longer be consider legit.  Therefore, after editing with PKHeX all Pokemon can be considered legal at best.

15 hours ago, Poke J said:

Anytime you dump your save, open it in a third party application, and save it in the application all Pokemon on the save can no longer be consider legit.  Therefore, after editing with PKHeX all Pokemon can be considered legal at best.

I see, got you brother. 

What I did was I transferred a pokemon with pokerus from X to ultra sun, so I can infect my other pokemon. So can I say that the pokerus that my team in Ultra Sun is not legit? Or is there such thing as not legit pokerus? 

1 minute ago, Ulbricht said:

I see, got you brother. 

What I did was I transferred a pokemon with pokerus from X to ultra sun, so I can infect my other pokemon. So can I say that the pokerus that my team in Ultra Sun is not legit? Or is there such thing as not legit pokerus? 

Now your getting into what can be considered a grey area of hacking.  Let me use breeding as an example, if I make a legal or hacked parent and breed it with a legit parent does that make the offspring hacked, legal, or legit?  There are people who will argue and defend each of those cases and I guess the same can be extended to Pokerus.  Does spreading Pokerus from a legal Pokemon make every Pokemon that catches it no longer legit?  We could spend a great amount of time debating this, but in this case it ultimatly come down to your own opinion.  I know it's not a clear answer, but it's the best I can offer you.

On 4/21/2020 at 2:52 PM, Poke J said:

Now your getting into what can be considered a grey area of hacking.  Let me use breeding as an example, if I make a legal or hacked parent and breed it with a legit parent does that make the offspring hacked, legal, or legit?  There are people who will argue and defend each of those cases and I guess the same can be extended to Pokerus.  Does spreading Pokerus from a legal Pokemon make every Pokemon that catches it no longer legit?  We could spend a great amount of time debating this, but in this case it ultimatly come down to your own opinion.  I know it's not a clear answer, but it's the best I can offer you.

I see, I understand what you're saying, so I guess for now let's leave it to our own perspectives and opinions. thanks a lot sir. Appreciate your time. :D

On 4/21/2020 at 2:16 PM, Poke J said:

I have a follow up on this one sir... What about those pokemon that can be obtained using qr codes? the emulator I'm using supports qr code by putting the QR picture file on the settings (well that's how I understand how it works), specifically cap Pikachu and Magearna, is it legal?