[PKHeX] Moving Pokemon between 2 save files.

Vladcik

Hi !

So first, my whole post is based on a MEMORY. So maybe i just dreamt, but i'm pretty sure it was a thing.
Not a long ago, when you were using 2 PKHeX to move some Pokemon from a save to another, the Pokemon was deleted from the original save to just stay in the new save. Like a real trade.

It was something really cool and useful in my case to avoid any clone fail.

So today, I wanted to work on a little project, but I realized that moving a Pokemon to another save would NOT remove it from the original save like before.

So, is it still possible to do that (I mean without deleting the Pokemon itself) ? Or was it a bug, a dream or something ?

Thanks o/

Yep this is the actual state, i'm doing the drag method for years now (I only use PKHeX for dealing with Pokemon files tbh)

but i'm pretty sure that not a long ago, doing that drag would DELETE the Pokemon from the original source.
I wanted to know if it was a real thing or not because i'd really need that in fact haha.

Thanks.

Edited by Vladcik

Just now, Vladcik said:

Yep this is the actual state but i'm pretty sure that not a long ago, doing that drag would DELETE the Pokemon from the original source.
I wanted to know if it was a real thing or not because i'd really need that in fact haha.

Thanks.

don't think so?

Think of it this way:
Imagine dragging a mon to your Desktop, would create a pk file. (and it still exists in your save)
Then, dragging in the pk file would set it to your box. (meaning you're cloning it)

The whole dragging from window to window basically skips the create a pk file process, but I believe it acts the way as I mentioned above.

Oh i'm aware of how it works etc. No problem for that, it's pretty useful to move many pokemon from a save to another.

But dang, i'm pretty sure it was a thing (maybe in settings or i don't know) and it was really amazing for my needs x_x

Oh no no I only use PKHeX.

The only thing i had in mind was like a "bug" or something while using some builds when we worked on Sword / Shield RNG stuff. So not something wanted in the end

My best bet is just me loosing my mind by working too much haha