My 2 Favorite Shinies from Crystal - help transferring UP to Gen5 via 3DS?

As I've no access to a 3DS currently, (otherwise I'd love to figure out the process here), I'm hoping some kind soul with a bit of extra time (and a 3DS with homebrew?) might be able to help!

What I *do* have access to is a Mac with pkhex, a DSi XL and an R4 card with pkmnchest, so if I were to receive a new gen5 save file, or simply a pk5 file, I should be able to take it from there!

I've only got 2 shiny pkmn in my Crystal sav file (attached, via emulation and extraction from R4 card) and I hunted them for quite a long time, so the emotional attachment is silly but real. They are Quilava and Smoochum, aptly named "Starshine" and "Sugababe," respectively... 🙂

I believe the next step would be to inject the sav into a virtual console rom, then utilize the poketransfer app(?), Pokemon bank(?), OR a homebrew app (of which I'm blanking on the name) to transfer / convert for compatibility into a gen5 save file or pk5 file.

MOST IMPORTANTLY I'm looking for the most direct and legitimate route that wouldn't involve manually adjusting any of their stats, and instead being able to see what natures, abilities, IVs etc come out on the other end. Thus, why I'm not really interested in manipulating them in any fashion via pkhex or other apps.  

Massive love to anyone willing to help!

Pokemon - Crystal Version (USA, Europe).sav Pokemon G5 - Black Version GIFTS.sav

Edited by boyfriendcoma

7 hours ago, boyfriendcoma said:

As I've no access to a 3DS currently, (otherwise I'd love to figure out the process here), I'm hoping some kind soul with a bit of extra time (and a 3DS with homebrew?) might be able to help!

What I *do* have access to is a Mac with pkhex, a DSi XL and an R4 card with pkmnchest, so if I were to receive a new gen5 save file, or simply a pk5 file, I should be able to take it from there!

I've only got 2 shiny pkmn in my Crystal sav file (attached, via emulation and extraction from R4 card) and I hunted them for quite a long time, so the emotional attachment is silly but real. They are Quilava and Smoochum, aptly named "Starshine" and "Sugababe," respectively... 🙂

I believe the next step would be to inject the sav into a virtual console rom, then utilize the poketransfer app(?), Pokemon bank(?), OR a homebrew app (of which I'm blanking on the name) to transfer / convert for compatibility into a gen5 save file or pk5 file.

MOST IMPORTANTLY I'm looking for the most direct and legitimate route that wouldn't involve manually adjusting any of their stats, and instead being able to see what natures, abilities, IVs etc come out on the other end. Thus, why I'm not really interested in manipulating them in any fashion via pkhex or other apps.  

Massive love to anyone willing to help!

Unfortunately, what you are asking for to be done legitimately can not be done without heavily modifying the Pokemon since gen 1 or gen to can in no way connect to gen 5.  Gens 1 and 2 can only connect to Poke Bank to be sent to gen 7 or higher.  So if you're wanting to maintain the legality of the Pokemon you'll need to transfer it that way.

So you want a fully legitimate route from Cartridge Gen 2 -> Gen 5?
Not possible. Retail carts Gen 1 and 2 cannot be transferred on to further generations.

11 hours ago, boyfriendcoma said:

I believe the next step would be to inject the sav into a virtual console rom,

I'm looking for the most direct and legitimate route

What you're asking for, in terms of injecting the save into a VC game, goes against the entire "legitimate route" shtick.

Even if you inject the save into a VC game, VC Gen 1 and 2 can only go to Gen 7 (at least), so once again what you're asking for, via legitimate means, it not possible.

As mentioned, Even if we ignore the illegality of transferring a retail cart save into a VC game, there is no legitimate route for VC mons to exist in Gen 5.

If you want a mon from Gen 2 to be transferred into Gen 5, that is sadly what you have to do.
You're gonna need some tool like this in order to achieve G2 - > G5 (well at least G2 -> G3 then PKHeX it into G5), if you decided to throw away the "legitimate route" idea.

Thanks so much for the info, guys. I had seen so many people transfer their (technically kind of legit-ish?) shiny celebi from VC Crystal up to SWSH, I hoped and assumed *incorrectly* that the same process could be performed up to Gen 5 via poketransfer or bank. Bummer. 

I tried for a considerable amount of time to get the app that @theSLAYER linked (PKX delta) working on my Mac, but it's quite dated (the Mac), so the problem is likely on my end.

I really didn't mean to sound like such a stickler for being "legit," by the way! I just imagined the celebi-to-swsh process to be so magical and un-messy that I'd hoped it would work for mine. So the term I really should have used is "least messy," in reference to the route I'd hoped to take. 

So, as it stands, since I'm unable to access PKX delta, my updated request might be for yet another kind soul to help with that conversion to a pk3 file, if possible! The crystal save file is attached here again, just in case!

Thanks again, you guys. 

Pokemon - Crystal Version (USA, Europe).sav

Edited by boyfriendcoma
Misspelling

Just now, boyfriendcoma said:

I had seen so many people transfer their (technically kind of legit-ish?) shiny celebi from VC Crystal up to SWSH

VC games can transfer to Bank (Gen 7), and HOME allows it to go into Gen 8, so that's what you've seen 😜

As for your request, I don't think PKX delta is working for me right now. Why don't you just manually recreate the data in your Gen 5 save?

2 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

As for your request, I don't think PKX delta is working for me right now. Why don't you just manually recreate the data in your Gen 5 save?

I'm not terribly familiar with the difference or updates made to IVs in changing from DVs; would they not become un-shiny if I input the DVs as if they were IVs? In that case couldn't I just use that online pokegen thing? I hardly know wtf I'm talking about honestly, apologies. 

7 minutes ago, boyfriendcoma said:

difference or updates made to IVs in changing from DVs

for VC -> Gen 7, they're random.
https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Poké_Transporter

Scroll down to see changes done to Gen 1 and 2 mons.

You could just emulate that for your changes.

7 minutes ago, boyfriendcoma said:

In that case couldn't I just use that online pokegen thing?

what online pokegen thing?