A tool to extract .pkm files of Rental & Registered Pokemon from Stadium games to use in R/B/Y/G/S/C?

POKEMONMASTER260

i dont think you could because to do that you would need a way to access stadium cartridge through a computer and i dont think there are any pokesav type programs for r/b/y/g/s/c so unless you can develope a cartridge reader, a pokesav type of program for gcn cartridges, and another pokesav program for gb cartridges, id say its not possible

By "GCN" you surely mean "N64", right?

Anyway, there are people who have mapped out the structure of the GB games, but I'm not aware of any program that extracts anything resembling PKM files out of them (except for that project Chase was working on a while back for extracting and converting the Pokémon data from GSC to PKM files). But why on earth would you want to do this anyway? The rental Pokémon were largely useless.

By "GCN" you surely mean "N64", right?

Anyway, there are people who have mapped out the structure of the GB games, but I'm not aware of any program that extracts anything resembling PKM files out of them (except for that project Chase was working on a while back for extracting and converting the Pokémon data from GSC to PKM files). But why on earth would you want to do this anyway? The rental Pokémon were largely useless.

Well, what I actually really wanted was to extract the pkms from my Registered Poke's, considering I accidentally deleted the Crystal save file that had those Pokemon in them. When making this thread, I thought, "Why not just ask for Rentals too?"

i dont think so yet, id ask around to see if anyones good with n64 rom hacking then ask if they can help you with a program to do all mentioned above

---------- Post added at 10:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:15 AM ----------

if you have an extra n64 you can take the cartridge reader outa that and stick it to a usb cord but im not sure how well that would work

after considering everything yes its possible but it would be quite a challenge

Edited by codemonkey85

If you can find a way to extract your save file from the N64 cartridge, let me know. Until then, nothing practical can be done with this anyway.

Also, FYI, the rental Pokémon would be stored in the ROM, and the rentals would be stored in the save file; two totally different locations in the physical cartridge. It would be a completely different and separate process to get the rentals out.

Do you have the tools you need to actually do this though? Do you know anything about ROM or save structures in the N64?

If so: if you manage to make sort of a save file timeline by making changes and re-extracting the save file from your game, we could examine the files with a hex editor and look for those changes... if Chase wanted to get in at that point, his experience with the GSC --> Gen IV conversion process would no doubt be useful.

Do you have the tools you need to actually do this though? Do you know anything about ROM or save structures in the N64?

If so: if you manage to make sort of a save file timeline by making changes and re-extracting the save file from your game, we could examine the files with a hex editor and look for those changes... if Chase wanted to get in at that point, his experience with the GSC --> Gen IV conversion process would no doubt be useful.

Well, I was looking up Chase's posts & could not find any work on Gen II to Gen IV work. May I please see it?

To be honest, I myself was working on a similar thing for the IV's & EV's I called, "The Pokemon Trade Project," that received criticism due to people saying stuff like I was, "way off," even though some of the stats I got after using it were very close to the originals, & I did mention that it would only be approximate.

...But yeah, either way, getting them into Gen IV would be even better, & considering I couldn't get all the actual DV's off calculators alone, extracting it staright from the N64 .sav would probably make it even more like the original thing.

So, anyways, thanks!

• 8 months later...

Okay, well, this is bumping up an old thread, but is there any progress on this? My needs are slightly more modest--I basically am new to actually playing Pokemon games and am working my way up--I've only played gens I and II, fairly recently. And it would be nice to be able to migrate a Pokemon from them all the way up to modern games. Gen II to III would be ideal (if only there was a way to get the Pokemon onto a physical cartridge though) but IV would be good enough.

• 10 years later...

I'm working on making every rental pokemon in Stadium 1 and maybe 2. I'll also try to replicate stats, but, of course, it won't be exact.

Edit: All Pokemon that level up past 15 will be put at the correct levels.

Edited by nmuniz
Update

7 hours ago, nmuniz said:

I'm working on making every rental pokemon in Stadium 1 and maybe 2. I'll also try to replicate stats, but, of course, it won't be exact.

Edit: All Pokemon that level up past 15 will be put at the correct levels.

Yay for 10-year-old post bumps, haha.