Pokemon Colosseum Japan Bonus Disc - Agate Celebi and Colos Pikachu

Mekanor

Hi all,

So I'm on a quest to get myself an English language Agate Celebi and Colos Pikachu from the Japanese Colosseum Bonus Disc. I've trawled threads here and over at digiex and gbatemp and while I think I know the process, I'm stuck at the very first step. No matter what I do, I can't get the action replay codes to work on Dolphin to force the disc into English. I feel like there's something wildly simple here that I'm missing but I don't know what it is.

I've tried both the PAL and US codes and I've tried them on both my hex edited iso and an untouched one. No matter what I do, the textboxes are in Japanese. Anyone got any tips? Action replay codes work fine for me on other titles, but no matter what I do, I can't get them going on this :(

Thanks in advance for any advice!

1.png

2.png

Success!!

If in future, anyone ever Googles this thread, here was my big mistake. I was trying to use the action replay codes on an iso of the Japanese bonus disc. That was never going to work. If you want a Japanese Celebi, then get the bonus disc for sure, but if you're after an English language Celebi, look no further than your own US or PAL copy of the game. The action replay codes below unlock Japanese bonus disc that has been leftover in your copy of the game.

USA Europe
5M54-WC2B-QHBG6
WNR8-RY3Q-29P6T
GMNK-UQNE-QR78H
WHZ0-EWPJ-12BTD
NRTU-8KHF-1PZZ8
DEED-TK1H-U6N5P
BHDF-N90M-BKMPV
3V7P-NZA1-ZBNVQ
WNR8-RY3Q-29P6T
GMNK-UQNE-QR78H
WHZ0-EWPJ-12BTD
NRTU-8KHF-1PZZ8
F57Q-1RNH-ZBAKF
CNU4-TJFW-TR1W0

This is actually way simpler, as no hex editing is involved, no mucking around with different formatted memory cards. Just put in the AR code and presuming you've caught and purified all 48 pokemon, when you pick the shrine option on the right, Celebi will be sent to your party in the language of your save game (in my case, English).

That said, the PAL version is insanely buggy. The cutscene is a rapid fire mess of empty text boxes. Not to mention the pokecoupons menu on the left.

Next project is the Pikachu from the pokecoupons menu. Not sure if that will be possible due to how buggy the menu is, but I'll post my results if I have any luck!

3.png

4.png

• Like 3

Aaaand success!

I don't know why but the first few times I tried the pokecoupon menu on the left I got the garbled menu screen you see below. Only after a exiting out and getting back in few times did I happen to get the proper menu screen in the middle screenshot. Just select the top option and select yes. I've no idea if it actually charged me any pokecoupons or not but it saved a pikachu to the empty slot in my party.

A point of interest, after saving, it also came up with another yes/no option but I have no idea what I was choosing yes or no for. I selected no and it sent me back to the garbled menu. I also tried the second option (I can't read Japanese so I've no idea what it says, other than there's GBA in there) but it actually made the emulator throw up an error so not sure what that or any of the other options do.

Anyway, hopefully someone will gain something from my hours of frustration. AR codes and your own US or PAL disc are all you need. By all accounts the US version is no where near as buggy, with actual translated text so if that's your version you may have an even easier time with the whole process.

5.png

6.png

7.png

• Like 3

• 3 months later...