Way to PKHex to battle Frontier Brains immediately (Emerald)

Hey all,

Has anyone found out a way to alter your streak so that you can battle the frontier brain immediately.  In Sav -> Misc Edits -> Battle Frontier, you can change your current streak in each facility and the color of your symbol, but I haven't figured out a way to keep the streak so that you can fight the frontier brain when you import it back into the cart.  Has anyone had any experience with this specific of an alteration?

18 minutes ago, BuckeyeLawmage said:

Hey all,

Has anyone found out a way to alter your streak so that you can battle the frontier brain immediately.  In Sav -> Misc Edits -> Battle Frontier, you can change your current streak in each facility and the color of your symbol, but I haven't figured out a way to keep the streak so that you can fight the frontier brain when you import it back into the cart.  Has anyone had any experience with this specific of an alteration?

The current streak there is probably for the in-game display of records, not the actual current streak your experiencing.

either that or a flag needs to be set in order to challenge frontier brains.. 

(I haven’t tried; from me experience these type of edits typically are only for records purposes, doesn’t work for actual battle streak)

It's actually not so much a matter of a flag, but there's definitely a way to edit the records so you can fight the Frontier Brains faster (I actually did it using PKHeX and it wasn't any problem at all). The key thing is there are some details you need to be aware of to make sure it works.

The obvious one, make sure you're editing the records of the Level class you're trying to run (since editing the L50 records won't do you any good if you're running Open). The second one is there are two fields to edit: current streak and record streak, with current being the important one in this instance. Lastly, there is a checkbox marked Continue. You want that checked, because that will signal your streak is still active and hasn't been broken by a loss or ragequit (if you're doing this on emulator, save states are your best friend in the Frontier).

Now, the way I did it is I set the streaks to the start of a run where the Frontier appears at the end (still had to go through all the trainers and whatever to get there). Not sure if there's a way to skip directly to them given the way the game handles this stuff.

• Like 1