Getting Error 0xC8804478 Failed to read save file backup in Checkpoint - Using Pokemon Black 3DS

Before anything, let me congratulate you guys for the detailed tutorials and very clear explanations. I was able to homebrew my 3DS and almos edit my save in one go.

However I found the next problem:

I just installed homebrew following the site's instructions step by step in my 3DS.

I am playing my pokemon black cartridge. I loaded checkpoint and managed to create a backup file.

I loaded this file in my pc and opened it in PKHex.

I started messing with pokemon and added a bunch of event pokemon to my boxes. Notice that I'm using a cell phone to edit the contents of my SD card since I have no adapter.

I saved the file in the main folder where the backup was created inside the checkpoint folder.

Took the SD out and inserted in the 3DS again. Loaded Checkpoint. I try to restore the file I just created and get the following error:

Error 0xC8804478 Failed to read save file backup.

When I run the game the save file is unchanged and uncorrupted.

I have tried renaming the save file to "main", creating new folders in the Checkpoint directory, erasing the working backup file and replacing it with the PKHex file. But nothing seems to be working. Maybe I overlooked something simple that is preventing me from loading my save in checkpoint?

Hope you guys can help.

9 hours ago, flameboyrgb said:

Before anything, let me congratulate you guys for the detailed tutorials and very clear explanations. I was able to homebrew my 3DS and almos edit my save in one go.

I just installed homebrew following the site's instructions step by step in my 3DS.

I am playing my pokemon black cartridge. I loaded checkpoint and managed to create a backup file.

I started messing with pokemon and added a bunch of event pokemon to my boxes. Notice that I'm using a cell phone to edit the contents of my SD card since I have no adapter.

I saved the file in the main folder where the backup was created inside the checkpoint folder.

Took the SD out and inserted in the 3DS again. Loaded Checkpoint. I try to restore the file I just created and get the following error:

I have tried renaming the save file to "main", creating new folders in the Checkpoint directory, erasing the working backup file and replacing it with the PKHex file. But nothing seems to be working. Maybe I overlooked something simple that is preventing me from loading my save in checkpoint?

Hope you guys can help.

It happened the same to me before, try to re-do it and analyze yourself. In mycase, the mistake was that I was editing a Mario Kart 7 instead of Pokemon Sun, and after that, it worked.

• 1 year later...
On 4/1/2020 at 7:57 AM, flameboyrgb said:

Hope you guys can help.

Same here. I cant inject my save back to my 3DS

Did you managed to do?