making event mons square/ultra shiny help

Averlus

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to prep one of my favorites, Metagross in a Cherish ball for when it is available in Sw/Sh in the summer. I'm trying to gen the event shiny Beldum in PKHeX but reroll the PID so it's shiny form equals a square shiny PID. I've been using the spreadsheet at https://drive.google.com/file/d/1lPXKWfosJvz2LCOopcH-_v9OJiLz-Adc/view?usp=sharing to gen PIDs that are square shiny and they have all worked fine. However, when I plug the SID and TID into the spreadsheet of the OT trainer in the Beldum event, it won't register as shiny at all. Any idea what I'm missing here? 

29 minutes ago, Averlus said:

I'm trying to prep one of my favorites, Metagross in a Cherish ball for when it is available in Sw/Sh in the summer

???

The only shiny Metagross in Cherish Ball I remember, is the one from ORAS. Since it comes with the Fateful Encounter flag, the game will display it as Square Shiny when transferred up, regardless of shiny PID. (it's how the game handles Fateful Encounter shinies)

Also, PKHeX allows for shines to be square, if you hold down Shift when clicking the Star (for Gen 8 saves).

1 hour ago, theSLAYER said:

???

The only shiny Metagross in Cherish Ball I remember, is the one from ORAS. Since it comes with the Fateful Encounter flag, the game will display it as Square Shiny when transferred up, regardless of shiny PID. (it's how the game handles Fateful Encounter shinies)

Also, PKHeX allows for shines to be square, if you hold down Shift when clicking the Star (for Gen 8 saves).

I've tested some Fateful Encounter mons that can transfer to Sw/Sh and from what I've seen, yeah- they're all square shiny. So I think it will be all good with Metagross, thanks. I know hex can make square shinies and I have a hackable switch but I'm terrified if I do it I'll get banned, so I just stick to my gen VII homebrew 3ds.