SwSh - Can't set up local raids after block editing Wild Area Event?

After the recent Wild Area News update I have been unable to launch a local wireless raid on my CFW switch and see/be able to join on my unhacked switch.

Looking around I saw that this typically is caused by a wild area news mismatch between the games. Since I do not want to connect my CFW to the internet to get the update, I followed this guide with this data to block edit in the new Wild Area event. Everything seemed to work properly, and I was able to load the edited save on my switch without any issues. I then updated wild area news on my unhacked switch, but when I launched a raid on my CFW switch I still am unable to see it on the unhacked.

Has anyone else had this issue/have any ideas on how to resolve this? 

SwSh - Can't set up local raids after block editing Wild Area Event?

The way Wild Area Event works, other participating Switches need to have the same files, in order to join locally.

So for example, if the player A's file is Index one, and a player B's file is Index two, doesn't matter who hosts, the other won't be able to see it.

Did you merely inject the appropriate Wild Area News, or did you also perform some modifications?

Just now, theSLAYER said:

Did you merely inject the appropriate Wild Area News, or did you also perform some modifications?

I injected the appropriate wild area news and also edited/added a few Pokemon. Also I just started messing around with all this about a month ago; what do you mean by index one vs index two?

Just now, TheeMegalodon said:

edited/added a few Pokemon

I should have worded it more clearly: Did you do any edits to the wild area news, or did you merely import the ones we had?
It doesn't matter if you edited your boxes etc, I just want to know whether you imported the Wild Area News as is, or made modifications to them.

1 minute ago, TheeMegalodon said:

what do you mean by index one vs index two?

File versions. Typically the first byte:
image.png

4 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

I should have worded it more clearly: Did you do any edits to the wild area news, or did you merely import the ones we had?

Ah my bad, I only imported the blocks as-is, I did not modify them at all.

Edited by TheeMegalodon

18 minutes ago, TheeMegalodon said:

Ah my bad, I only imported the blocks as-is, I did not modify them at all.

Alright, thanks for the information :D

Perhaps there is another location in the save file that checks whether you've gone online before,
or another location the logs the index of the file. I'll run a check now.

Right now, I'm under the impression it is some kind of check on whether you've been online before,
as I have been able to share the wild area event news via injection, but that save has been online before.

For the record, you imported all 4 files right?

edit: I'm presently doing some preliminary checks, you mind showing me this block of your save in PKHeX?
image.png

48 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

For the record, you imported all 4 files right?

I did import all 4 files, although the file has never been online

49 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

edit: I'm presently doing some preliminary checks, you mind showing me this block of your save in PKHeX?
image.png

Here is the block on my save:

image.png.563ebf7e35aa6bf0a6ecfa41a346b967.png

@TheeMegalodon I was hoping there'll be a 01 hiding in the block, and that'll be issue, but that's clearly not it.

I'm out of ideas.
Maybe try importing the poke_trade file from here.

Basically, players can only get that file if they've been online. Maybe that was the thing that is being checked.

Ultimately, your save folder will look like this:
image.png

Give it a shot, let me know if it works.

Just now, TheeMegalodon said:

Interestingly, I already have that file:

image.png.f6609fe9e5fdd98fdabf0bbace42ca49.png

Would it be worth it to overwrite it with the file at that location? Or should I explore other options?

hmm, that is kidna odd. You're sure you not using a save that has gone online right?

Chances are, if you check the files on a hex editor, they're likely exactly the same :/

8 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

hmm, that is kidna odd. You're sure you not using a save that has gone online right?

Yeah, the file has not gone online before. I've kept my cfw on airplane since I've gotten it so I have no chances of getting banned

9 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

Chances are, if you check the files on a hex editor, they're likely exactly the same :/

Just ran a diff, same exact files :( Thanks for all your help, I'm going to keep looking but I appreciate the insight

• Like 1

• 1 month later...