Problems with backing up saves in checkpoint

PokeTy20

Hi everyone I have a question for anyone that can help. Been using cfw pkhex on my 3ds and it's been working fine. However I am now trying to do it on my Switch and Checkpoint will back up my save properly but when I plug in my SD card into my Computer and load the save into PKHeX the save that loads is a save that was saved shortly before I tried to hex where I went into pokemon home and transferred some mon over to Sword and released some from my sword bank. I went into sword after homr and the mon were there so I saved and proceeded to do the hexing process and like I said checkpoint backs up my sword save with the mon that were released still in it and the transfer mon not there. I'm very lost and any help would be greatly appreciated.

P.S. idk if it matters but there is a cloud symbol where sword game is when I boot up cfw to load homebrew and stuff. It asks me to download "necessary data" but an error occurs when I try and download this data and an error occurs, idk if it"s because I'm in incognito mode and 90dns but when I boot to stock fw it shows the cartridge and I can play the game fine please help lol

Question for any that can help, I can’t  get checkpoint to backup the correct save on Sword. The save backs up but it isn’t the correct save, it’s like it backs up a save from a couple days ago or something. It doesn’t have the pokemon in the boxes like it does in game when I go to pkhex. Attached will be a photo of what i see in checkpoint

D971F91C-3597-486A-B5E9-0B9E1CBF59EA.jpeg

Edited by PokeTy20

@PokeTy20 no need to keep submitting the same thread over and over. Your previous one was approved and moved. I merged your new thread into this one. Any other new information, just post in this one.

6 minutes ago, PokeTy20 said:

I can’t  get checkpoint to backup the correct save on Sword

Are you trying to backup a save from OFW, using Checkpoint in CFW?

Sorry about that slayer, I just made an account and am new to posting stuff in forums so bear with me please. 

However, yes I am trying to back up my OFW save in CFW checkpoint. Do I need to start up sword while in CFW, Save my game, go into checkpoint and back up the save that way?

2 minutes ago, PokeTy20 said:

However, yes I am trying to back up my OFW save in CFW checkpoint. Do I need to start up sword while in CFW, Save my game, go into checkpoint and back up the save that way?

Your OFW and CFW desynced. I don't know what causes it to happen (maybe game updates, FW updates etc), but basically you're no longer able to use Checkpoint on CFW to dump the save in your OFW.

To also confirm what I said, launch the game in CFW. You should see the state it is in should be similar to what you have been dumping.

Okay, this sucks lol, I’m at work rn but when I get home in a few hours I’ll try and run the game and see what happens, also is there any way to resync them?

1 last thing though, when I was in CFW last night trying to do this, I noticed a cloud symbol above my sword game and there is usually a cartridge is this an issue as well in anyway you think?

Edited by PokeTy20

1 hour ago, PokeTy20 said:

1 last thing though, when I was in CFW last night trying to do this, I noticed a cloud symbol above my sword game and there is usually a cartridge is this an issue as well in anyway you think?

Doubt that’s the issue. The save isn’t stored on the cart.

tho, I think the cloud symbol might be the symbol for the game has an update. Try to ensure firmware versions and game versions are the same for OFW and CFW. It is not known what causes the desync, but I suspect it’s one of those. No reason for desyncs to “suddenly spontaneously occur”. You would think the user did something to cause difference in file versions, hence a desync 

• Like 1

Just got home from work, about to check my game while running CFW and see what the state of the save is in. Also I saw a thread where you helped a guy out who had a similar problem, if not the same problem, as I did, can you go into specifics as to what the solution was?

There was talks of having this person reformat their SD and redo the hacking process over again but you told the person that would be the last option and I would definitely not want to have to redo the hacking process again if I don’t have to but I’ll post a link to the thread now

• 4 months later...
On 3/26/2020 at 5:05 PM, PokeTy20 said:

Question for any that can help, I can’t  get checkpoint to backup the correct save on Sword. The save backs up but it isn’t the correct save, it’s like it backs up a save from a couple days ago or something. It doesn’t have the pokemon in the boxes like it does in game when I go to pkhex. Attached will be a photo of what i see in checkpoint

D971F91C-3597-486A-B5E9-0B9E1CBF59EA.jpeg

hi i am also having this problem on my sx os. So far i have not booted to my ofw at all. And all along i have been playing games on cfw

i not really sure how to explain, so when i boot up check my checkpoint 3.7.4

i try to back up a save, but that message came out.

Sorry i am kinda newbie to all the modding stuff, so i am not really sure is happening

EDIT: i found out that only checkpoint is having the problem, so i switch to using jksv to backup my save. i guess checkpoint is not really working for me. Thank you for the replies!

Edited by randomplayzz

i have another question, as in my switch is the latest gen 2 version(XKJ1) and it is hard modded with the sx core chip,i am wondering if is it possible to install atmosphere on the switch itself and at the same time keep the sx os so that i can change back and forth between atmosphere or sx os. (all within the same sd card)

i was unable to install any pokemon mod on sx os and i have seen people with sx os not be able to install mod. The recommended solution was to install atmosphere but i am afraid to do so as i am new to modding switch related stuff

Edited by randomplayzz