Do Pokemon still have their gen6 OT memories?

Farfetchd

It's kind of irrelevant but I was wondering if memory data is still stored? I read that all Pokemon transferred into Home read as "can't remember" in game. This reminds me of how all Pokemon prior to gen6 had no memories with OT. However, even in gen7 where there was no way to check memories at all, old Gen6 mons retained their OT memories. So now I was curious if the file data still has the Pokemon's OT Memories, or if they're completely wiped? And, if they're wiped even from the file, would that equate to the same message as a gen6 Pokemon with no memories at all?

I've had a conversation relating to this:
image.png

So, I do not know what happens if a mon goes to Gen 7 first from Gen 6,

But, mons that Gen 6 - > Bank -> HOME -> SWSH keeps their OT memories.

58 minutes ago, Farfetchd said:

However, even in gen7 where there was no way to check memories at all, old Gen6 mons retained their OT memories. So now I was curious if the file data still has the Pokemon's OT Memories, or if they're completely wiped? And, if they're wiped even from the file, would that equate to the same message as a gen6 Pokemon with no memories at all?

I can't be sure, but I think they're wiped. You can export the mon's file in PKHeX for a Gen 6 -> Gen 7 transfer and check.

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

I've had a conversation relating to this:
image.png

So, I do not know what happens if a mon goes to Gen 7 first from Gen 6,

But, mons that Gen 6 - > Bank -> HOME -> SWSH keeps their OT memories.

In that case they most likely do keep their OT memories even if the memory reader guy doesn't have any, since USUM kept OT memories from gen6 as well. Thank you! :)